Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions)

Go down 
+5
NickTheNick
WilliamstheJohn
~sciocont
Thriving Cheese
Inca
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Inca
Regular
Inca

Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions)   Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:33 am

I'll look into that Wiki page in a moment.

Is there a page somewhere that details who all the current team leads are? It would be pretty good to have this so everyone knows who manages what area and can contact them with questions if they have any.

"Development Bulletin: Microbe" thread looks pretty good, more or less what I had in mind. Is it possible to close the thread so people can't post in it?

I've had a look about, and I don't think its possible on this forum host, unless I'm missing something.

Yeah that could work. I still think they could share the same thread, the before you post thread is pretty small. Although it might be better to keep them separate so people know where the dictionary is.
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/inca_uk
Seregon
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions)   Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:39 am

It is possible to link to posts, but you have to edit the link manually.  Using Inca's post above as an example, you take the url of this page of the thread:

https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t1216p15-its-been-a-few-years-but-i-m-back-with-forum-suggestions

then hover over the 'quote' button for the post you want to link, the url of which looks something like:

https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/post?p=25337&mode=quote

then take the number from 'p=25337', and add it to the thread url after a hash (i.e.: '#25337', to get this:

https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t1216p15-its-been-a-few-years-but-i-m-back-with-forum-suggestions#25337

So it's possible, but not generally worth it, unless there's a particularly important post you want to link to.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions)   Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:54 am

NickTheNick wrote:
What new team lead positions should be filled?
From this thread and my own thoughts, I've come up with a couple more positions which could be filled:

Tech Team Lead (as in TOs in society stages; may also cover tech editor)

Controls Team Lead (this hasn't really been mentioned a lot yet, so I'm not sure if anyone could know enough to take up this position)

Programming Team Lead (currently held by Bashinerox, but since he hasn't been here for a while I'd suggest changing it to either Daniferrito or Seregon)

Science Team Lead (could be separated into biology, physics, chemistry and astronomy team leads)

GUI Team Lead (could be covered by Art Team Lead instead)

Cinematics Team Lead (will become more important once we have a solid first release)
Back to top Go down
http://oliverlugg.com/
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions)   Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:04 pm

Oliveriver wrote:
NickTheNick wrote:
What new team lead positions should be filled?
From this thread and my own thoughts, I've come up with a couple more positions which could be filled:

Tech Team Lead (as in TOs in society stages; may also cover tech editor)

Controls Team Lead (this hasn't really been mentioned a lot yet, so I'm not sure if anyone could know enough to take up this position)

Programming Team Lead (currently held by Bashinerox, but since he hasn't been here for a while I'd suggest changing it to either Daniferrito or Seregon)

Science Team Lead (could be separated into biology, physics, chemistry and astronomy team leads)

GUI Team Lead (could be covered by Art Team Lead instead)

Cinematics Team Lead (will become more important once we have a solid first release)

I think these are good ideas. I would really love to work on controls, as they are one of things i am best at! There was no alot of controls discussion lately, sadly.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions)   Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:22 am

I don't think Controls or GUI needs team leads, and the Science team lead I would alter a bit, but for the rest I agree.
Back to top Go down
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions)   Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 6:40 am

Yeah, it would be good to have some more Team Leads. I think the controls are something people will be able to agree on pretty easily and so don't really need a team lead. Should definitely keep the Team Leads up to date with current members, so I agree we need a new programming TL.

Unfortunately I don't think I can put myself forward for any of these Team Leads as I don't know enough in each area.
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/inca_uk
Seregon
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions)   Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 6:43 am

I'm fairly sure Dani has been programming team lead for a while now, the actual team leads thread is hugely out of date, and we've had several programming leads since Bashinerox.
Back to top Go down
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

PostSubject: Re: Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions)   Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:26 pm

I went ahead and updated the team leads post with the most recent additions (Nick, Oliver, Cheese and I). I wasn't sure if Dani held the official title, but I can fix that later if it's the case.
Back to top Go down
http://WJacobC.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions)   Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Its been a few years, but I'm back / (With forum suggestions)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2