Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Go down 
+102
cyborghyena
The Creator
Halowraith1
Narstak
molden
amymist
NarotizaSquared
Aquos4
Gyrukilo
JackTheBlackWolf
Mazzy_M
Xazo-Tak
Epickitty
Rorsten594
pensist
MirrorMonkey2
timetraveler
jewelofleo
Falthron
Psych0Ch3f
Quasar
Armok: God of Blood
King Plorpadeus Ex
Lightning_Scarz
SuperLala
LegoHoss
Gecko
Tanglekat33
EnergyKnife
HariboTer
the froggy ninja
crovea
Linker90X
EVanimations
Evol4fire
TriggzSP
ByterranEmpire
Totemaster
Exploronaut
Jeklig
NuklearSerpent
masternetra
spacetime_dinosaur
Y. Guillemot
ThePoisonchocolate
leila777
ccarriel
Invader
ThreeCubed
meldebious
PropTheRedstoner
Glow Cloud
Seregon
Mouthwash
Captain Mcderp
IAMBEOWULF
Atrox
Doggit
Dalroc
SchrodingersKitty
alonerhapsody
Cellular Dinosaur
Silver Sterling
Spacer
Synpho Death
Raptorstorm
Zeyrock
Orygandian2
AwesomeSiebren
TheFellowWithTheHat
penumbra espinosa
TheChubbyChihuahua
Shamanic W0lf
PortalFan1000
NikolaAnicic007
PerfectOrganismil
Inca
MitochondriaBox
DeanDactyl
Moterhead97
TheSmart_1
Oliveriver
ethroptur
Narnobie123
dinoman9877
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Jimexmore
WJacobC
Mixotroph
Madnesia19
Omnomnomable
Tritium
Daniferrito
~sciocont
Immortal_Dragon
untrustedlife
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Thriving Cheese
Tarpy
M3rox
NickTheNick
WilliamstheJohn
106 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:30 am

That game is an FPS and has little to do with actual evolution and how to simulate it. Also, the idea of hive minds and infections which you mention so often are small details in the scope of the Aware Stage. Players will not be able to play as viruses anyways.
Back to top Go down
DeanDactyl
Newcomer
DeanDactyl

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:18 pm

Guys, I was wandering around the forum (as usual... :) ) and I found out that before Thrive there was another game being developed called "Evolutions!". I wanted to ask:
1-Was is it being developed by you?
2-If it was, why did you stop?
3-Can you send me a link of the Evolutions forum so I can see it?

Sorry for my bad english, thank you for your time and if this question was already awnsered please send me a link to the awnser. :D 
Back to top Go down
Daniferrito
Experienced
Daniferrito

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:27 pm

1 - The group is the same, but only scio remains of that forums.
2 - The forum administrator misstreated everyone, and removed all other moderators. Plus, he never intended to do anything, he was just trolling.
3 - I dont think those forums are still up. With everyone leaving, they just got taken down.
Back to top Go down
MitochondriaBox
Learner
MitochondriaBox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:46 pm

DeanDactyl wrote:
Guys, I was wandering around the forum (as usual... :) ) and I found out that before Thrive there was another game being developed called "Evolutions!". I wanted to ask:

Sorry for my bad english, thank you for your time and if this question was already awnsered please send me a link to the awnser. :D 

'Ey there!

I'm not an "Evolutions!" veteran, and I didn't know about "Evolutions!" until some thrive members mentioned some guy named Sven. Look up on the Sporum Wiki about "Evolutions!" For more info.

Basically, the original Thrive team was on the "Evolutions!" forum and were led by Sven, who's German and Jamaican. The "Evolutions!" Project had the same goals as Thrive; Fulfill what Will Wright dreamed of in Spore, before it became "marketable". Basically, before it was ruined by monetary interests. However, on the "Evolutions!" board, Sven reportedly treated the original Thrive members unfairly. They left after a while, but not before Sven revamped the forums and claimed to new members that the people who left hacked the forum and filled it annoying ads and stuff not for children (the ads these days seem to be both).

So, while the Thrive team laid the concept foundations for the evolution of Thrive, Sven struggled alone with "Evolutions!" after he somehow succeeded in causing the rest of the team to leave. He closed the forums, basically meaning that the project's been cancelled.

And that, my comrade, is the story of "Evolutions!", which never came to fruit. The moral is that the leaders of the forum must not grow corrupt, or the Thrive project will be lost to time...
Back to top Go down
DeanDactyl
Newcomer
DeanDactyl

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:05 pm

Thank you! Going to the Sporum as you said! :D 
Back to top Go down
MitochondriaBox
Learner
MitochondriaBox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:37 pm

So, while reading the Species: Artificial Life page on this forum (in the Outreach section), I came across this gem...

Daniferrito wrote:
Yes, more population means less "effective" mutations, that's why in cases of near extintion evolution goes crazy, it's when survival of the fittness is more important. Probably in the case of the bigger population the mutations that do happen are more probable to be benefficial?

Now, I don't remember how ecosystems will be handled, so forgive me if I've missed things of glaring importance; my attention was diverted toward the Microbe Stage for most of my time here. Anyway, will the generated creatures found in ecosystems (can reach as far as half a continent, like the sahara desert) have any relation with creatures from surrounding ecosystems? (Think african and asian elephants.) Or will they be completely different? (Imagine if tigers were only in Southeast Asia, and Siberian tigers were man-eating porcupines.)

And what happens during a mass extinction? Every planet with life will have at least one, if the (violent) death of their star is included. Now, during a mass extinction, the most common thing that happens is that the reigning class of animals (amphibians, mammals, etc.) suddenly looses its dominance and is subsequently replaced by the more adaptable members of another group of animals (fish replaced giant invertebrates, large reptiles replaced giant insects, dinosaurs replaced previous reptiles, birds and mammals replaced dinosaurs). How will this be done in-game? Naturally, I think that surviving species (imagine diictodon) in an ecosystem would be copied-and-pasted, then the copy would be modified to take a free niche (now think of a diictodon with a long neck adapted to eat the now-recovered forests).

So, which of the two ecosystem-creation models is correct, and am I right about the second paragraph, as well as if the player is in a different ecosystem at the time (his/her platypus is on the other side of the continent)?
Back to top Go down
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:31 pm

MitochondriaBox wrote:
DeanDactyl wrote:

'Ey there!

I'm not an "Evolutions!" veteran, and I didn't know about "Evolutions!" until some thrive members mentioned some guy named Sven. Look up on the Sporum Wiki about "Evolutions!" For more info.

Basically, the original Thrive team was on the "Evolutions!" forum and were led by Sven, who's German and Jamaican. The "Evolutions!" Project had the same goals as Thrive; Fulfill what Will Wright dreamed of in Spore, before it became "marketable". Basically, before it was ruined by monetary interests. However, on the "Evolutions!" board, Sven reportedly treated the original Thrive members unfairly. They left after a while, but not before Sven revamped the forums and claimed to new members that the people who left hacked the forum and filled it annoying ads and stuff not for children (the ads these days seem to be both).

So, while the Thrive team laid the concept foundations for the evolution of Thrive, Sven struggled alone with "Evolutions!" after he somehow succeeded in causing the rest of the team to leave. He closed the forums, basically meaning that the project's been cancelled.

And that, my comrade, is the story of "Evolutions!", which never came to fruit. The moral is that the leaders of the forum must not grow corrupt, or the Thrive project will be lost to time...

Yeah this is more or less correct. I've been there since the start. The only peace that's missing from the story is how we left the second Thrive forum and arrived on this, the third. I was not around during that period and so do not know what actually happened there.
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/inca_uk
DeanDactyl
Newcomer
DeanDactyl

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Inca wrote:
MitochondriaBox wrote:
DeanDactyl wrote:

'Ey there!

Yeah this is more or less correct. I've been there since the start. The only peace that's missing from the story is how we left the second Thrive forum and arrived on this, the third. I was not around during that period and so do not know what actually happened there.

Wow, I didn't know that Thrive had another forum!
Also, thanks for the information! I was just curious and it's all clear now!
Also, I'm just 13 so... how can i help developing this piece of awesomeness gameplay ehm... stuff? :scratch: 
Back to top Go down
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:00 pm

The best thing is to just have a look around and see what takes your fancy. I'm guessing as you are 13, you won't know how to program, or produce music, you might be best to head to the gameplay forum and just see if you can contribute to developing some of the concepts.

I know the forum is a tad confusing, we are currently working on improving the layout, but a project of this magnitude is always going to be hard to organise.
Back to top Go down
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Inca, I wouldn't underestimate the young of us out there
Oliver and I are only 14 and yet have both contributed lots to thrive. ~scio, Nick and Untrustedlife are also just out of High School as well!!
Back to top Go down
http://WJacobC.com
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:17 pm

You are quite right. I shouldn't have made such an assumption! Just thought that might be the most likely place for him to contribute, but I guess I don't even know the guy at all.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:22 pm

Not to sound like a nag, but my question on how orbital bombardment in Space stage would be handled got buried and unanswered.
Back to top Go down
DeanDactyl
Newcomer
DeanDactyl

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:03 pm

Inca wrote:
You are quite right. I shouldn't have made such an assumption! Just thought that might be the most likely place for him to contribute, but I guess I don't even know the guy at all.

No, you're right... I still (STILL) don't know how to program, make music, etc.
I'm a (STILL) useless human worm baby :( (Invader Zim reference, anyone? :) )
Back to top Go down
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: beginning   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Just came across my emails between myself, ParadoxJuice and ol Sven about starting this project. Was rather amused to see Sven signed off as CEO, Managing Director.

In case anyone is interested, the date of the first email we exchanged was 30/03/2009, which I guess must be when our great project started.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Wow, that's old. Its interesting that this project has such a long legacy.

How would orbital bombardment be any different than other types of bombardment? Do you mean its affect on the terrain, as in destructibility?
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:30 pm

I guess I meant its implementation in terms of gameplay. The question was sort of spawned by a sort of laziness in future galactic conquering when the game comes out. :oops: I mean, why bother sending troops down when you can just blast the Belgium out of them from space?

Although its effect on terrain would be good to know, now that you brought it up.
Back to top Go down
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
I guess I meant its implementation in terms of gameplay. The question was sort of spawned by a sort of laziness in future galactic conquering when the game comes out. :oops: I mean, why bother sending troops down when you can just blast the Belgium out of them from space?

Although its effect on terrain would be good to know, now that you brought it up.
You only invade a planet if you want to keep the infrastructure , if not blow it up if your attacking an empire
unless space zombies.....Will there be space zombies in god mode.Also Will i be able to walk around ships like in deadspace/mount and blade? I mean will the engine allow me to take over a ship then walk around said ship looking at the damage my species cause or will I be force to watch the outside hull change instead of watching : boarding(like that level from halo), infection(like dead space),Then reclamation/spreading like( Any game set of a spaceship with aliens on it ):.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:35 am

There will not be space zombies in God Mode. The insides of vehicles will be available for roaming.

Also, try separating your thoughts when you post them, since that last sentence is all just one big jumbled mess.

EDIT: @Immortal Dragon

Well ships from space will be able to shoot at units and buildings on a planet just as any other vehicle shoots at something. I do not know how destructible the terrain will be, however, so I will have to pass that on to a programmer. Do any of you have an estimate as to the level of destructibility we could realistically implement?
Back to top Go down
Daniferrito
Experienced
Daniferrito

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:14 am

Destructibility of the terrain (and editing as well):

There would be two main ways.

A static terrain that can be arbitrarly big. We would do that by only storing the seed of the planet, but not the terrain itself. As we are not storing the terrain, any changes would just dissapear whenever terrain is unloaded and loaded again.

Fully editable (and destructible) terrain limited by the size in memory. We would store all the terrain into memory, so any change stays forever. Estimations from another thread said that the maximum reasonable size would be the size of manhattan island for each planet.

There are many ways of merging both systems so you have some level of editability, while keeping file-size low enough. However, the whole picture stays: The more destructible terrain is, the smaller the planets will be.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:32 am

What about random seeds for planets, but having changelogs for specific alterations. For example a player only explores a certain area of a planet, creates a crater, and then leaves. Nothing is saved except that specific crater and the area around it.
Back to top Go down
Daniferrito
Experienced
Daniferrito

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:39 am

Yes, that is one of the many possible middle-point solutions.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:37 am

Well, that answers my question on how, the type of orbital bombardment I'm talking about is entire desolation of a planet, such as glassing. So just maybe a "Desolate" button and the ship(s) will try to attack as much of the planet as ammunition allows

Now to bring up the counterpoint, defense against orbital bombardment, and I'm talking about a situation when the invader has space superiority and you have only some kind of defense on the planet. Planetary defense shields don't seem too ridiculous.

Another point, weapon behaviors, some are better than others and in my opinion energy weapons would be best due to their instantaneous nature. Missiles have a set speed limit otherwise they would be torn apart on entry, same with solid projectiles, I'm not saying they wouldn't be possible, it would just be harder.
Back to top Go down
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:32 pm

It would be nice if changes to planets would remain. I think though, after a length of time, if the area has not been revisited, the change can be forgotten. This is because after a length of time, the terrain would adapt.

Another thought is if we just generate the landscape and then randomly generate the trees and fauna etc each time?

Ideally we want to remember as much as what was there last time the user was in the area.

I think planetary defense shields are a must. There must be a counter to such space attacks. I also think we should have space defense stations which you can build either as satellites, or on natural satellites, which can stop enemy ships entering orbit around your planet. This can stop them from launching drop pods, or whatever to land on your planet, and stop orbital bombardments.

I have a few questions that I want to clear up.

First is on supply lines in the more tribal stages. Are there actually going to be supply carts that have to travel to where your armies are to replenish them? Because this would make for some interesting dynamic game play where you have to protect your lines and ambush people.

Am I also right in thinking that the society centre is not a whole contained city like in spore, but rather the centre of your town that you build around?
Back to top Go down
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:29 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
There will not be space zombies in God Mode. The insides of vehicles will be available for roaming.

Also, try separating your thoughts when you post them, since that last sentence is all just one big jumbled mess.
So no Necromorphs..But at least i can walk around a ship maybe see my species infesting it,
Hypothetical situation Ex.
Be the god-king of my species at war with the rest of the universe.While flying in enemy space one day a mystery shiny object floating in space, due to my species massive kleptomania my entire race goes crazy flying to the shiny object, when we first saw it we thought it was a planet or asteroid ,but it turned out to be
a huge planet sized Capital ship. you heard about this ship, the race who you bought it from said it was attack by a "virus" or something,You cautiously send a drone and overseer team to scan the "ship" for lifeforms
while you go and call up the rival empire telling them you found their flagship.  Meanwhile on the "ship"
The scan teams search the hanger and halls before moving to the bridge, the science team finds a strange growth on the main computer take a few samples from it,the growth reacts but spitting out spores.
Meanwhile it the Kpelton Fleet.the ship is firing organic weapons at the fleet the race the ship belongs to has arrived then ran away. You see you entire race getting curbstomped by a single ship the last thing you see it a huge pod flying and being impaled by a small creature. You wake up.

Edit= i think we need a fanfivtion thread to post custom race storys
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:46 pm

A fanfiction thing I can get behind, I write my own stories from time to time but never put them out online. Thrive is about making the story of your species happen, so my thoughts is why not?

Of course if the devs don't approve then that won't hurt my feelings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next