Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
[Developer update 2] Making progress Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

[Developer update 2] Making progress

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

[Developer update 2] Making progress Empty
PostSubject: [Developer update 2] Making progress   [Developer update 2] Making progress EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Hey everyone!

Thing are slowly progressing and after having overcome a couple of obstacles, we can now say what will be the features of the next release!  

Sound has been implemented and the next time you download a demo you'll have the great ambient themes of our skilled composers playing in the background, sound effects can easily be added but we don't currently have any in the game, however that may well change before a release.  

GUI, we have finished integrating CEGUI into the engine and it'll now be possible to make flexible, dynamic and great looking GUIs. We have sketches of what the GUI might look like, but we still need to finalize the design and putting it into XML files so that CEGUI can understand it (If you're interrested in helping with this, let me know).  

Refined compound and process system, is in the works and will make things easier for the player to manage microbes (especially in building them) while making further integration of processes and compounds easier.  

Basic Microbe editor. We will have our first alternative section of the game and an interresting one at that! You will be able to create your own microbe using a limited amount of organelles and take it for a swim!  

The first microbe interactions, your microbe will be able to release harmful agents into the enviroment to harm and kill other microbes.  

There is still a number of things that we need to get in order before the next release, but I estimate that it should be within 1-3 months time.

As always you can find the latest progress on github: https://github.com/Revolutionary-Games/Thrive and specifically what is being worked on on the issues page: https://github.com/Revolutionary-Games/Thrive/issues?state=open

Feel free to asks any development related questions on here or reddit!
Back to top Go down
Marija Milosevic
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [Developer update 2] Making progress   [Developer update 2] Making progress EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 10:04 am

why so slow? hurry up wit this game
Back to top Go down
MirrorMonkey2
Newcomer
MirrorMonkey2

PostSubject: Re: [Developer update 2] Making progress   [Developer update 2] Making progress EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 10:39 am

I love this small updates, they keep up everyones spirits and make the whole project more transparent. Thank you and everyone else who has helped!

crovea wrote:
Basic Microbe editor. We will have our first alternative section of the game and an interresting one at that! You will be able to create your own microbe using a limited amount of organelles and take it for a swim!
Finally! :D I think this is one of the most anticipated features of the microbe stage and will attract many new interested people. I can't wait to make my first microbes!

Marija Milosevic wrote:
why so slow? hurry up wit this game

You know that this is an open-source project founded by voluteers, right? Everybody who helps with this project does this of their own accord. Who are you to command them? Be thankfull that they contribute to this awesome game.

I'm looking forward to our next release!
Back to top Go down
Scottnov
Learner
Scottnov

PostSubject: Support   [Developer update 2] Making progress EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 10:38 pm

I'm sure you, the makers of this game, are likely a bit disappointed with the current following of this game. If so, here's some things to consider:

Hidden members: People who haven't bothered to make accounts and are quietly following the game. There is probably quite a few of these.

Youtubers: Once you actually finish or get the game working how it should somewhat, Youtubers will be ALL OVER IT. It would also prove useful to advertise, but I know this game doesn't have a budget (last time I checked).

Some way of earning money: It really feels... Wrong to take such an amazing concept of a game and make it a free thing, you should at least sell it for 10 bucks or so. If you at some point decide to do this sort of thing, Kickstarter might help. Keep in mind I'm suggesting and not demanding.

Back to top Go down
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

PostSubject: Re: [Developer update 2] Making progress   [Developer update 2] Making progress EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 8:06 am

Scottnov wrote:

Youtubers: Once you actually finish or get the game working how it should somewhat, Youtubers will be ALL OVER IT. It would also prove useful to advertise, but I know this game doesn't have a budget (last time I checked).

Some way of earning money: It really feels... Wrong to take such an amazing concept of a game and make it a free thing, you should at least sell it for 10 bucks or so. If you at some point decide to do this sort of thing, Kickstarter might help. Keep in mind I'm suggesting and not demanding.

Nobody should take this wrong, but I really doubt that youtubers will be all crazy over this game once we release the microbe stage. Thrive isn't the type of game that appeals to the masses, like for example COD or Minecraft.

On the topic of money, we have repeated countless times the two main reasons why we don't want money:

1. We don't need it right now

2. It would be difficult to divide it fairly among ourselves
Back to top Go down
Scottnov
Learner
Scottnov

PostSubject: Re: [Developer update 2] Making progress   [Developer update 2] Making progress EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Tarpy wrote:
Scottnov wrote:

Nobody should take this wrong, but I really doubt that youtubers will be all crazy over this game once we release the microbe stage. Thrive isn't the type of game that appeals to the masses, like for example COD or Minecraft.

On the topic of money, we have repeated countless times the two main reasons why we don't want money:

1. We don't need it right now

2. It would be difficult to divide it fairly among ourselves
That's true.
I was mostly talking about the more creature-like stages (aquatic and the other creature stages), because that's what most people are probably the most interested in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Developer update 2] Making progress   [Developer update 2] Making progress Empty

Back to top Go down

[Developer update 2] Making progress
Page 1 of 1