Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Go down 
+64
moopli
ElementalRed
untrustedlife
Fangchamp
Kirillian
tjwhale
Patrick Rajesh
NickTheNick
MirrorMonkey2
Oliveriver
Lepticidio
MitochondriaBox
StealthStyle L
Zymoox
AwesomeSiebren
crovea
Psych0Ch3f
spacetime_dinosaur
RyuNeko932000
Daniferrito
Earthium Prime
HariboTer
Loony Toony
The Creator
K2017
Namor-Yrotciv
0eragonbioly0
Tidus Klein
anna0cat
Captain Mcderp
Atrox
PTFace
T0N12
Madero
DeanDactyl
Noltras
Tré Wisemen
ethroptur
Alexthe666
sporewow
giffman8
TheRabiesGuineaPig
ccarriel
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Tarpy
SawerGreem
Seregon
jman12351
Notsae66
Tritium
Scottnov
Inca
PropTheRedstoner
Marija Milosevic
amymist
Alex J G
dinoman9877
Armok: God of Blood
Pantheon_Gamer
tjblazer85
Diamond Pixel
Immortal_Dragon
darwin.the.gamer
Jupiter34
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
StealthStyle L
Newcomer
StealthStyle L

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:43 pm

Not zombies again...
Back to top Go down
Hughie72
Newcomer
Hughie72

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:43 pm

Yes! YES! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:45 pm

So was the DNA splice thing viable? Or nah?
Back to top Go down
StealthStyle L
Newcomer
StealthStyle L

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:47 pm

Err, honestly I don't know. I would say no probably as it doesn't really seem like it would work. You should leave shape-shifting for mods. Plus would it be a real advantage?

Edit: I gotta go.
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:52 pm

StealthStyle L wrote:
Err, honestly I don't know. I would say no probably as it doesn't really seem like it would work. You should leave shape-shifting for mods. Plus would it be a real advantage?

It would provide no advantage whatsoever, since copying the DNA of another organism would in essence make you become that organism. And if your population is small, and all members become a different organism, then doesn't that render your organism extinct?

Maybe you could hijack another species like that...

But anyway, I agree it should be a mod, I just wanted to know how viable it is.

EDIT: Bye, StealthStyle L!
Back to top Go down
Hughie72
Newcomer
Hughie72

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:53 pm

I saw this awhile ago, and i thought it was cool.

kudos to the first guy.

so, what if you fly to far away from the galaxy, and suddenly everything would go green, and letters would pop up and say "Simulation over." and your game would crash, or restart.
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:54 pm

Hughie72 wrote:
I saw this awhile ago, and i thought it was cool.

kudos to the first guy.

so, what if you fly to far away from the galaxy, and suddenly everything would go green, and letters would pop up and say "Simulation over." and your game would crash, or restart.

Why?
Back to top Go down
Hughie72
Newcomer
Hughie72

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:54 pm

its a matrix easter egg, plus it would look kewl.
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:56 pm

Hughie72 wrote:
its a matrix easter egg, plus it would look kewl.

I guess. Hehehe the Easter Egg thread hasn't seen action in a long time. Was it locked?
But since you, the player, is actually playing a literal simulation, wouldn't it be kinda frustrating?

But there definitely should be a reason for the player not being able to exit the galaxy (besides an invisible wall).
Back to top Go down
Hughie72
Newcomer
Hughie72

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:59 pm

what more reason do we need? wait, how bout the further you go, the weirder things get.

like, first it will seem normal, then all the stars will dissapear.

then, you see strange symbols in the background.

then, a rainbow unicorn named bob comes out of a supermassive black hole, and gives you the powers of god.
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:06 pm

Hughie72 wrote:
what more reason do we need? wait, how bout the further you go, the weirder things get.

like, first it will seem normal, then all the stars will dissapear.

then, you see strange symbols in the background.

then, a rainbow unicorn named bob comes out of a supermassive black hole, and gives you the powers of god.

Like this?:

But seriously, no. Definitely not that lmao.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:11 pm

Not to dampen your spirits or anything, but this is exactly the sort of conversation appropriate for our subreddit and ridiculously out-of-place for the forums.

Furthermore, a lot of these suggestions are trivial and do little to enhance gameplay. Reaching the edge of the universe may be a cool thing to think about in terms of experience, but what function would it actually serve? Same goes for many of these ideas unfortunately.

EDIT: Ninja'd by a rainbow unicorn emerging from a black hole...kind of proves my point.
Back to top Go down
http://oliverlugg.com/
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:14 pm

Oliveriver wrote:
Not to dampen your spirits or anything, but this is exactly the sort of conversation appropriate for our subreddit and ridiculously out-of-place for the forums.

Furthermore, a lot of these suggestions are trivial and do little to enhance gameplay. Reaching the edge of the universe may be a cool thing to think about in terms of experience, but what function would it actually serve? Same goes for many of these ideas unfortunately.

EDIT: Ninja'd by a rainbow unicorn emerging from a black hole...kind of proves my point.

Sorry Oliver! I couldn't resist drawing the rainbow unicorn (and talking about ideas). I'll go to the subreddit from now on.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:17 pm

No worries, and I apologise for interrupting. Conversations like this are fine as long as they take place outside the core area of development, as wild speculation like this doesn't exactly scream professionalism.
Back to top Go down
http://oliverlugg.com/
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:21 pm

Oliveriver wrote:
No worries, and I apologise for interrupting. Conversations like this are fine as long as they take place outside the core area of development, as wild speculation like this doesn't exactly scream professionalism.

Of course of course vuv
Back to top Go down
Hughie72
Newcomer
Hughie72

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Sorry bout that!

for some reason i had voices in my head chanting "rainbow unicorn" and i could not disobey.

anyway, idea.

What of the galactic core?
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:47 pm

Hughie72 wrote:
Sorry bout that!

for some reason i had voices in my head chanting "rainbow unicorn" and i could not disobey.

anyway, idea.

What of the galactic core?

To the subreddit with you!
Back to top Go down
Fangchamp
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 2:54 pm

I think it is time to ask this,how will organs work?Can they be randomized?Or insta-death if something the player made isn't right?etc.
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 5:14 pm

Fangchamp wrote:
I think it is time to ask this,how will organs work?Can they be randomized?Or insta-death if something the player made isn't right?etc.

I believe it was meant to be a node and tube system or something like that. A node being the mouth connected to the stomach node by the throat tube.
Back to top Go down
MitochondriaBox
Learner
MitochondriaBox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 6:09 pm

Atrox wrote:
Fangchamp wrote:

I believe it was meant to be a node and tube system or something like that. A node being the mouth connected to the stomach node by the throat tube.

Yep! Pretty sure there's semi-set organs; as far as I know you've got a set of basic templates (for when the simplest form of the organ first evolves) and you can fine-tune it from there. Not sure about randomizing, but that sounds like something that could happen if need be.

Explanation:
Back to top Go down
Fangchamp
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 10:11 am

Actually I did mean templates so thanks for the answer
Back to top Go down
Scottnov
Learner
Scottnov

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 6:56 pm

What do you guys think about humor in Thrive? That being, Easter Eggs, jokes in the text, or other silly things like that. Kind of an odd subject, but I had wondered if Thrive would be entirely serious or have it's funny moments, too.

I guess it's too early to tell, but I think it would be neat to have those kinds of things. An example would be finding a very Earth-Like planet filled with slightly off-versions of Earth animals (a cow with a slightly off-center face), and a sentient race there whom are literally monkeys with typewriters or something stupid like that. Text for achievements would also likely be somewhat humorous.

I dunno, this was just a thought I had. It would probably break the immersion a little bit, but I'd guess these events would be pretty rare. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Atrox
Newcomer
Atrox

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 8:02 pm

Scottnov wrote:
What do you guys think about humor in Thrive? That being, Easter Eggs, jokes in the text, or other silly things like that. Kind of an odd subject, but I had wondered if Thrive would be entirely serious or have it's funny moments, too.

I guess it's too early to tell, but I think it would be neat to have those kinds of things. An example would be finding a very Earth-Like planet filled with slightly off-versions of Earth animals (a cow with a slightly off-center face), and a sentient race there whom are literally monkeys with typewriters or something stupid like that. Text for achievements would also likely be somewhat humorous.

I dunno, this was just a thought I had. It would probably break the immersion a little bit, but I'd guess these events would be pretty rare. What do you guys think?

https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t865-easter-eggs-something-to-laugh-at?highlight=easter+egg

There were some good ideas here. Unfortunately the thread was locked because it got out of control.
Back to top Go down
Scottnov
Learner
Scottnov

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 10:39 pm

Atrox wrote:
Scottnov wrote:

https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t865-easter-eggs-something-to-laugh-at?highlight=easter+egg

There were some good ideas here. Unfortunately the thread was locked because it got out of control.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Hughie72
Newcomer
Hughie72

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 6:09 am

Any Information about Ascension?

What will we be able to do?

Can i create a species out of nothing?

....Can i make a disco star?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread
Page 27 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next