Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
New Posts
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
by NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
by NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
by crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
by tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
by NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
by NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
by crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
by The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
by crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
by MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
by tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
by tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
by Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Translator to Serbian here
by Simeartherist Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:36 am

» Presentation
by Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
by crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
by Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
by Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
by Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
by TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm


Share | 
 

 Forum Design

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darkov
Newcomer


Posts : 58
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Forum Design   Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:06 am

The new forum is awesome, but the design needs some touching, IMO.
Here are my suggestions about it:
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2639/sugestions.jpg
Red Circle - You can see that the words "topic" are hardy visible on the dark background. We should either make them in brither colour, or have a frame(border) around the letters in brither colour.
Blue Squares - i think it will look much better if everything was in a frame(like in the picture), with a colour contrasted to the background, like white, red or green.
Background - you can see how its messed up, because my resolution is big.


The words "Preview" and "Send" should be in black colour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noitulove
Regular


Posts : 237
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design   Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:38 am

So basically, the word 'topic' should be in white, same for
'reply to topic'. Should solve everything having to do with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead


Posts : 1123
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:11 am

Darkov wrote:
Blue Squares - i think it will look much better if everything was in a frame(like in the picture), with a colour contrasted to the background, like white, red or green.

In my opinion, that would not look that good. I would accept it if there is a way to change between multiple templates, like on the last forum.

Darkov wrote:
Background - you can see how its messed up, because my resolution is big.

That's just because the picture is not big enough. I personally see only about a quarter of the planet (1024x768).


I agree with the rest of your post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkov
Newcomer


Posts : 58
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design   Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:30 am

Commander Keen wrote:

Darkov wrote:
Background - you can see how its messed up, because my resolution is big.

That's just because the picture is not big enough. I personally see only about a quarter of the planet (1024x768).
Yeah i know, so it should be bigger or tiled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead


Posts : 3406
Reputation : 138
Join date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design   Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Darkov wrote:
Commander Keen wrote:

Darkov wrote:
Background - you can see how its messed up, because my resolution is big.

That's just because the picture is not big enough. I personally see only about a quarter of the planet (1024x768).
Yeah i know, so it should be bigger or tiled.
What's your resolution at? Damned 16:9

The send and preview buttons can't be changed to my knowledge, because they rely on our default text color.
I'll change the new button and its friends.

I like brderless, it makes things look cleaner and you can see the background much better.

When we make more concept art, I'll try to have it in bigger sizes.

_________________
Remember our goals: simplicity, science, and playability. Keep them in mind always.
[OE]|[FAQ]|[Wiki]|[My Blog]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DragonEye4
Regular


Posts : 220
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Location : Somewhere

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design   Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:49 pm

What forum are all of you looking at? The planet is gigantic on the thrive forum on my computer, at least a fourth is not even visible it is too big.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invader
Experienced


Posts : 528
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:33 pm

The words "New" and "Reply" are really good now, but "Topic" still clashes. It should be black.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ADMIN
Admin


Posts : 30
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2010-07-06
Location : Watching.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:37 pm

DragonEye4 wrote:
What forum are all of you looking at? The planet is gigantic on the thrive forum on my computer, at least a fourth is not even visible it is too big.
He's got a 16:9 aspect ratio on his machine, so it's widescreen.

_________________
ADMIN is always watching.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thrivegame.canadaboard.net
Invader
Experienced


Posts : 528
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:41 pm

ADMIN wrote:
DragonEye4 wrote:
What forum are all of you looking at? The planet is gigantic on the thrive forum on my computer, at least a fourth is not even visible it is too big.
He's got a 16:9 aspect ratio on his machine, so it's widescreen.

Mine's widescreen too, but I think it looks pretty bad Belgium now. It just looks really good how it is, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkov
Newcomer


Posts : 58
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design   Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:37 am

Now the buttons are visible, good. The border-less is fine i guess.

Quote :
The words "New" and "Reply" are really good now, but "Topic" still clashes. It should be black.
If its black it will be very hard to see on the black background?

Another thing i noticed is, that a hot topic picture and a hot topic with new replies pictures are the same. Its confusing sometimes, as you do not know in which topic was posted(image that there are multiple hot topic next to each other, you have to guess where a new post was made).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead


Posts : 3406
Reputation : 138
Join date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design   Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:09 am

Darkov wrote:
Now the buttons are visible, good. The border-less is fine i guess.

Quote :
The words "New" and "Reply" are really good now, but "Topic" still clashes. It should be black.
If its black it will be very hard to see on the black background?

Another thing i noticed is, that a hot topic picture and a hot topic with new replies pictures are the same. Its confusing sometimes, as you do not know in which topic was posted(image that there are multiple hot topic next to each other, you have to guess where a new post was made).
I my be able to fix that, but the easier thing is to look at the last poster and the little page icon next to their name- if the icon is orange, there are unread posts in that thread.

_________________
Remember our goals: simplicity, science, and playability. Keep them in mind always.
[OE]|[FAQ]|[Wiki]|[My Blog]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkov
Newcomer


Posts : 58
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design   Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:17 am

~sciocont wrote:
I my be able to fix that, but the easier thing is to look at the last poster and the little page icon next to their name- if the icon is orange, there are unread posts in that thread.
I never saw that little icon, thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invader
Experienced


Posts : 528
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design   Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:36 am

Darkov wrote:


Quote :
The words "New" and "Reply" are really good now, but "Topic" still clashes. It should be black.
If its black it will be very hard to see on the black background?

Oh. Yeah... Okay then... can't think of any good colors, though I'm sure there is one...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead


Posts : 1476
Reputation : 70
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 20
Location : England, Virgo Supercluster

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:38 am

InvaderZim wrote:
Darkov wrote:


Quote :
The words "New" and "Reply" are really good now, but "Topic" still clashes. It should be black.
If its black it will be very hard to see on the black background?

Oh. Yeah... Okay then... can't think of any good colors, though I'm sure there is one...

How about 'topic' following new is the same orange as 'reply', and 'topic' following reply is the same green as 'new'?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Forum Design   Today at 6:07 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Forum Design
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thrive Game Development :: Development :: Graphics-
Jump to: