Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us

Go down 
+10
The_Noob
GamerXA
US_of_Alaska
Falthron
DragonEye4
~sciocont
Noitulove
Invader
Bashinerox
PaperGrape
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PaperGrape
Newcomer
PaperGrape

[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Empty
PostSubject: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:02 pm

I noticed on sourceforge there is a project called SEED.I think prohaps they could be informed about the existance of this project.There is no need to duplicate effort.
Back to top Go down
Bashinerox
Programming Team lead
Bashinerox

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:40 pm

Link?
Back to top Go down
PaperGrape
Newcomer
PaperGrape

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:46 pm

http://sourceforge.net/projects/seedgame/
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 10:53 am

Hmm... they've already made some files. But, how big is their community? How many programmers and followers do they have? And to they have anything to do with the possible con man Sven?
Back to top Go down
Bashinerox
Programming Team lead
Bashinerox

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:16 am

They have no programmers it seems. And no code whatsoever. :/
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:27 am

Bashinerox wrote:

Okay. I only said they had code because they already had some files up that anyone could download. Probably just banners, though.

Maybe they'd like to join us?
Back to top Go down
Noitulove
Regular

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 4:30 pm

InvaderZim wrote:
Bashinerox wrote:

Okay. I only said they had code because they already had some files up that anyone could download. Probably just banners, though.

I don't necessarily think so; unless, that is, they fail to grab any attention over an extended period of time (say, a month or two?). Even then, chances aren't that they'll come crying up to us, begging for (our) help and instead, say...throw advertisements at everything. Then there's the possibility that they saw us first, and, in a desperate attempt to reach the distant finish line before we even do, started this.

And yes, it's me, Noitulove.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Noitulove wrote:
InvaderZim wrote:
Bashinerox wrote:

I don't necessarily think so; unless, that is, they fail to grab any attention over an extended period of time (say, a month or two?). Even then, chances aren't that they'll come crying up to us, begging for (our) help and instead, say...throw advertisements at everything. Then there's the possibility that they saw us first, and, in a desperate attempt to reach the distant finish line before we even do, started this.

And yes, it's me, Noitulove.

It is possibe that they did see us first, but starting a completely new project, rather than helping ours that is already on it's feet? Not very smart move, but oooookayyyyyyy...

And welcome back, Noit.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:25 pm

Welcome back, noit
All of those files are either images or an mp3
they have not gotten far an it seems they have nothing to work with. If we can contact them, they might be interested in joining. If not, then it doesn't matter. Either way, we definitely have the upper hand over them and the Evo "team".
Back to top Go down
Bashinerox
Programming Team lead
Bashinerox

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:05 am

~sciocont wrote:
Welcome back, noit
All of those files are either images or an mp3
they have not gotten far an it seems they have nothing to work with. If we can contact them, they might be interested in joining. If not, then it doesn't matter. Either way, we definitely have the upper hand over them and the Evo "team".

And i hear you've got a couple programmers
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:02 pm

Belgium good ones, if i heard correctly.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:46 pm

~sciocont wrote:
Belgium good ones, if i heard correctly.

Oh, I get it now! All gurse words are changed into Belgium!

But yeah, we should send them a message, see if they're interested. We could get a few new members! But we should wait a bit before that.

Last edited by InvaderZim on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:54 pm

I agree! If we could get them to join/merge, it could help progress. As long as we get to them before a certain German living in Jamaica...
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:35 pm

DragonEye4 wrote:
I agree! If we could get them to join/merge, it could help progress. As long as we get to them before a certain German living in Jamaica...

He probably doesn't even know about them. But if he does, that could be bad news for us (maybe).

I wouldn't worry about it. Of all the Spore-esque projects out there, we are certainly the most developed.
Back to top Go down
Falthron
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:37 pm

InvaderZim wrote:
DragonEye4 wrote:

He probably doesn't even know about them. But if he does, that could be bad news for us (maybe).

I wouldn't worry about it. Of all the Spore-esque projects out there, we are certainly the most developed.
what about that guy who made a spore esque editor that one time :P. But yeah, a merge could benefit both parties.
Back to top Go down
Bashinerox
Programming Team lead
Bashinerox

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Falthron wrote:
InvaderZim wrote:
DragonEye4 wrote:

what about that guy who made a spore esque editor that one time :P. But yeah, a merge could benefit both parties.

http://huggkruka.110mb.com/games.html this?

Isnt this 2D? (I'm not on windows atm cant check)
Back to top Go down
Falthron
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:03 pm

Can't find link but was mentioned in the EVO! forums. This guy was working on it during the development of spore, it had full 3-D. I tink he quit it after spore came out.
Back to top Go down
Bashinerox
Programming Team lead
Bashinerox

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Falthron wrote:
Can't find link but was mentioned in the EVO! forums. This guy was working on it during the development of spore, it had full 3-D. I tink he quit it after spore came out.

Huh. Interesting. Alaska will probably know he most about it. Any thoughts, Alaska?
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Bashinerox wrote:
Falthron wrote:

Huh. Interesting. Alaska will probably know he most about it. Any thoughts, Alaska?

Why would he know most about it?
Back to top Go down
Bashinerox
Programming Team lead
Bashinerox

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:21 pm

InvaderZim wrote:
Bashinerox wrote:
Falthron wrote:

He's apparently read every thread on the Evolutions forum. He might be able to point us to the right thread.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:29 pm

Bashinerox wrote:
InvaderZim wrote:
Bashinerox wrote:
Falthron wrote:

He's apparently read every thread on the Evolutions forum. He might be able to point us to the right thread.

Well, the Evolutions forums were promptly wiped after our little rebellion, so we can't access it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Bashinerox
Programming Team lead
Bashinerox

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:33 pm

InvaderZim wrote:
Bashinerox wrote:
InvaderZim wrote:
Bashinerox wrote:
Falthron wrote:

Well, the Evolutions forums were promptly wiped after our little rebellion, so we can't access it anymore.

What, completely wiped? Every thread before a certain point?
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:25 am

Bashinerox wrote:
InvaderZim wrote:
Bashinerox wrote:
InvaderZim wrote:
Bashinerox wrote:
Falthron wrote:

Yes. It's all thanks to our old "leader", Sven Littkowski. He was never there to admin the site. When we all agreed on chages to certain changes to the site, Sven ignored it. When we left, he made up a sad little story to tell his next subjects. He said we uploaded viruses and porn to his forum (or something along those lines) and he had to wipe it. In reality there was no viruses OR porn, but there was quite a bit of flaming.

I think it's his insane definition of the word "comedy".
Back to top Go down
Bashinerox
Programming Team lead
Bashinerox

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:53 am

InvaderZim wrote:
Bashinerox wrote:
InvaderZim wrote:
Bashinerox wrote:
InvaderZim wrote:
Bashinerox wrote:
Falthron wrote:

Yes. It's all thanks to our old "leader", Sven Littkowski. He was never there to admin the site. When we all agreed on chages to certain changes to the site, Sven ignored it. When we left, he made up a sad little story to tell his next subjects. He said we uploaded viruses and porn to his forum (or something along those lines) and he had to wipe it. In reality there was no viruses OR porn, but there was quite a bit of flaming.

I think it's his insane definition of the word "comedy".

This quote recursion is getting epic.

I knew that he deleted sections of the board, but i didn't realise it was a complete wipe :/
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:44 am

I think the project people are thinking of was called Walker, or something like that. Unfortunately i don't have any links and a Google search returned nothing helpful over the first few pages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us   [ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us Empty

Back to top Go down

[ARC] There seems to be another project out with the same goals as us
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next