Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
New Posts
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
by NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
by NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
by crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
by tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
by NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
by NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
by crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
by The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
by crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
by MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
by tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
by tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
by Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Translator to Serbian here
by Simeartherist Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:36 am

» Presentation
by Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
by crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
by Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
by Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
by Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
by TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm


Share | 
 

 Achievement Brainstorming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Should I Organize the Achievements Into Sections? (Space, Tribal, Other, etc.)
Yes
76%
 76% [ 81 ]
No
6%
 6% [ 6 ]
It Depends On How Many Achievements Are Posted
17%
 17% [ 18 ]
Undecided
1%
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 106
 

AuthorMessage
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead


Posts : 337
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2013-03-08
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:05 pm

May I just state my opinion on this?

I think it is excellent to have a thread for achievements, since achievements usually give the player a suggestion on something fun and challenging to do.

However, I have noticed there are a lot of achievements here are not challenging at all, and are very trivial. Instead of making more achievements than "achievement unlocked!" (a game), we should focus on adding legitimately challenging achievements e.g. an achievement that requires you to fly 5 km's (sorry, I don't know how much a feet is, I live in the Balkans) above sea level.

Just a suggestion on the achievements overall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead


Posts : 2312
Reputation : 175
Join date : 2012-07-22
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:26 pm

Precisely what I always say. They are called ACHIEVE-ments for a reason.

_________________
Look at how far we've come when people thought we'd get nowhere. Imagine how far we can go if we try to get somewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orygandian2
Newcomer


Posts : 43
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-06-26
Location : In the middle of nowhere, calling for pizza delivery.

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Got some more.

Point Rain
Send 3 squads of an army to one area, and have only 1 squad get there. (the rest are killed/incapacitated)

Still Alive
As a mechanical race, reactivate yourself after being deactivated.

It was an ACCIDENT! I swear!
Kill another creature by accident. (might be to hard for the computer to define.)

Killer
In organism mode, kill 40 other creatures in society stage with the same creature.

Murderer
In organism mode, kill 120 other creatures with the same creature.

Oops, my finger slipped.
Destroy 20 planets within 30 seconds of each other.


Last edited by Orygandian2 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead


Posts : 2312
Reputation : 175
Join date : 2012-07-22
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Just to make clear, most of the achievements mentioned on this thread won't be used, for the primary purpose that otherwise every action you did in game would reward you with 5 achievements.

_________________
Look at how far we've come when people thought we'd get nowhere. Imagine how far we can go if we try to get somewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WilliamstheJohn
Regular


Posts : 409
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 23
Location : Third Rock from Sol

PostSubject: Re:Achievement brainstorming   Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:58 am

NickTheNick wrote:
Just to make clear, most of the achievements mentioned on this thread won't be used, for the primary purpose that otherwise every action you did in game would reward you with 5 achievements.

Is list of achievements still updated with new?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead


Posts : 2312
Reputation : 175
Join date : 2012-07-22
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:29 am

No.

_________________
Look at how far we've come when people thought we'd get nowhere. Imagine how far we can go if we try to get somewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
untrustedlife
Regular


Posts : 252
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2013-03-26
Location : [Classified]

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:09 am

NovaTribe - Your star goes supernova before your civilization has created its first city.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doggit
Regular


Posts : 444
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2012-04-28
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:26 pm

Sasha Grey
Your race opens the first porn site.

loool

I'm kidding

_________________

My Themes: Here

You are a music composer and you can help us? Three simple rules:
1) Have or create a youtube channel
2) Publish the music on youtube (with a picture that relates to the song)
3) Publish it in the appropriate section of the forum.

Then I and Oliveriver will evaluate the song. :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monstahart
Newcomer


Posts : 16
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-04-05
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:53 am

--Organism Stage--
Seems Impractical... - Evolve an organism with more than eight legs
Late Bloomer - Spend more than 15 hours as an uncivilized organism
Clever girl... - Learn to pounce

--Civ Stage--
Don't Panic! - Research the towel (Secret/easter egg achievement?)
Start your engines! - Have your species invent a vehicle
And so it begins - Have your species invent weaponry
Sea legs - Have a species own more than 5 different types of aquatic vehicle
rEvolution - Artificially further your species evolutionary stage

--Space Stage--
The Almighty - Be worshiped by a lesser species
Out of the frying pan.. - Fly into a sun. Seriously, why did you do that?
Monolithic - Artificially aid another species evolution
UFO - Observe 20 inhabited planets from orbit

They're just a few ideas, hope you like 'em
I know you're not adding any more to the list, but I thought I'd come up with a few anyway
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://monstahart.deviantart.com
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead


Posts : 2312
Reputation : 175
Join date : 2012-07-22
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:31 pm

No, I wasn't saying we don't accept new suggestions, I was saying no one is keeping track of updating the OP to add in all the suggestions. Anything suggested can be used.

_________________
Look at how far we've come when people thought we'd get nowhere. Imagine how far we can go if we try to get somewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monstahart
Newcomer


Posts : 16
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-04-05
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:32 pm

Oh okay, sorry for the misunderstanding
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://monstahart.deviantart.com
Cobalt58
Newcomer


Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 19
Location : Britain

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Heres a few of my ideas:
Terror-Former (space): Destroy and enemy space colony by making it uninhabitable for life

Keep it on the low down(civ): create a conspiracy among your species

HAHA! I ASCEND! (civ/space): (somehow) make at least one member of your species transcend physical form
How to do that: Have a spiritual based colony give birth to a great person, then eject them as you travel at light speed. OR:
Have alot of great scientists and great spiritualists gather in one colony on a planet with high end resources, they will then start building an astral gate, once completed, you will be notified to go there and witness it's first test, it will work, to which all of the colonies residents will enter as well, effectively destroying the colony along with it, you can however, replace the colony, and the planet will still belong to you.

Went Five rounds (general): create five different game saves in your galaxy.

Garden of Eden: Meet at least five other creations of your making

Badassest Naturalist(tribal to space): have your species not wear any clothing of sorts from tribe to space on hard or higher difficulties.

Tough Decision: Delete a saved game.

BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM: in on cave based save game, you go to the deepest point in your planet, and come back alive

FUS RO DAH! (organism/civ): kill something with your own bellowing voice or powerful sonic sound-based weaponry

He is Thrivakiin, epicborn!(civilisation): kill multiple large creatures with medival or steampunk weaponry

We make custom designed planets(god): make a non sepherical planet for the first time, and have it support life

If you build it...(civ): create a high end robot

...it will Destroy(civ): have said robot kill 10 creatures without dying


Back to top Go down
View user profile
WilliamstheJohn
Regular


Posts : 409
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 23
Location : Third Rock from Sol

PostSubject: re:Achievement Brainstorming   Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:47 am

More ideas:

Mozart: Make more than 100 anthems.

The creature of terror: Get on top of the foodchain as Elephant sized predator.

I have you now...: Destroy more than 100 enemys spaceships using rockets.

Corusante: Make one giant city over entire planet and use it as capital of any tipe of republic/federation/empire and etc.

Junkjarding+: Make junkyard over an entire one planet and build recycling factoryes.

Binary star: Discover binary systems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
untrustedlife
Regular


Posts : 252
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2013-03-26
Location : [Classified]

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:34 am

WilliamstheJohn wrote:
More ideas:

Mozart: Make more than 100 anthems.

The creature of terror: Get on top of the foodchain as Elephant sized predator.

I have you now...: Destroy more than 100 enemys spaceships using rockets.

Corusante: Make one giant city over entire planet and use it as capital of any tipe of republic/federation/empire and etc.

Junkjarding+: Make junkyard over an entire one planet and build recycling factoryes.

Binary star: Discover binary systems.
1. the game will have no anthems.
2. I like that Idea (It may be hard to calculate whether a creature is at the 'top of the food chain' though (Maybe the most populace))
3. Since everything will be made in the tech editor it may be hard to tell whether an Item is a 'rocket' or not, but we can make it check to see whether it is a weapon that can go airborn.
3. Good idea
4. Not sure about this one
5. We wont have binary star systems for a long time (hard to calculate)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doggit
Regular


Posts : 444
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2012-04-28
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:49 am

untrustedlife wrote:
WilliamstheJohn wrote:
More ideas:

Mozart: Make more than 100 anthems.

The creature of terror: Get on top of the foodchain as Elephant sized predator.

I have you now...: Destroy more than 100 enemys spaceships using rockets.

Corusante: Make one giant city over entire planet and use it as capital of any tipe of republic/federation/empire and etc.

Junkjarding+: Make junkyard over an entire one planet and build recycling factoryes.

Binary star: Discover binary systems.
1. the game will have no anthems.
2. I like that Idea (It may be hard to calculate whether a creature is at the 'top of the food chain' though (Maybe the most populace))
3. Since everything will be made in the tech editor it may be hard to tell whether an Item is a 'rocket' or not, but we can make it check to see whether it is a weapon that can go airborn.
3. Good idea
4. Not sure about this one
5. We wont have binary star systems for a long time (hard to calculate)

why there arent anthems?

_________________

My Themes: Here

You are a music composer and you can help us? Three simple rules:
1) Have or create a youtube channel
2) Publish the music on youtube (with a picture that relates to the song)
3) Publish it in the appropriate section of the forum.

Then I and Oliveriver will evaluate the song. :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WilliamstheJohn
Regular


Posts : 409
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 23
Location : Third Rock from Sol

PostSubject: re: Achievement Brainstorming   Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:28 am

untrustedlife wrote:
WilliamstheJohn wrote:
More ideas:

Mozart: Make more than 100 anthems.

The creature of terror: Get on top of the foodchain as Elephant sized predator.

I have you now...: Destroy more than 100 enemys spaceships using rockets.

Corusante: Make one giant city over entire planet and use it as capital of any tipe of republic/federation/empire and etc.

Junkjarding+: Make junkyard over an entire one planet and build recycling factoryes.

Binary star: Discover binary systems.
1. the game will have no anthems.
2. I like that Idea (It may be hard to calculate whether a creature is at the 'top of the food chain' though (Maybe the most populace))
3. Since everything will be made in the tech editor it may be hard to tell whether an Item is a 'rocket' or not, but we can make it check to see whether it is a weapon that can go airborn.
3. Good idea
4. Not sure about this one

Abot second one, that should be done in sizing part of editor.Organism editor says to there will be sizing panel, where you can edit your creatures size compared to mouse, human and elephant, so you just need to size it up to elephants scale.
5. We wont have binary star systems for a long time (hard to calculate)

About second one of ideas, you will have scale in organism editor so you can know is your creature big enough.


Last edited by WilliamstheJohn on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistake in writing)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cobalt58
Newcomer


Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 19
Location : Britain

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:01 am

Cobalt58 wrote:
Heres a few of my ideas:
Terror-Former (space): Destroy and enemy space colony by making it uninhabitable for life

Keep it on the low down(civ): create a conspiracy among your species

HAHA! I ASCEND! (civ/space): (somehow) make at least one member of your species transcend physical form
How to do that: Have a spiritual based colony give birth to a great person, then eject them as you travel at light speed. OR:
Have alot of great scientists and great spiritualists gather in one colony on a planet with high end resources, they will then start building an astral gate, once completed, you will be notified to go there and witness it's first test, it will work, to which all of the colonies residents will enter as well, effectively destroying the colony along with it, you can however, replace the colony, and the planet will still belong to you.

Went Five rounds (general): create five different game saves in your galaxy.

Garden of Eden: Meet at least five other creations of your making

Badassest Naturalist(tribal to space): have your species not wear any clothing of sorts from tribe to space on hard or higher difficulties.

Tough Decision: Delete a saved game.

BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM: in on cave based save game, you go to the deepest point in your planet, and come back alive

FUS RO DAH! (organism/civ): kill something with your own bellowing voice or powerful sonic sound-based weaponry

He is Thrivakiin, epicborn!(civ): kill multiple large creatures with medieval or steampunk weaponry

We make custom designed planets(god): make a non spherical planet for the first time, and have it support life

If you build it...(civ): create a high end robot

...it will Destroy(civ): have said robot kill 10 creatures without dying



more Achievements:

Oh I see what you did there (general): Edit another person's creation only to have the original author give it positive feedback (through any feedback system, like 'like/dislike').

Shock and Augur(civ onward): Kill/Assassinate a major religious figure with lightning or shock weaponry
(BTW: an Augur is a type of Roman priest, Google it).

Now that's just an ironic Apocalypse: during a Zombie Apocalypse, have your species develop a taste for Zombie flesh (without becoming Zombies themselves).

Splicer(civ onward):Splice genes for the first time

*Blitzkrieg(civ): complete the civ stage in 1 hour or less using only military might

**Shock and awe(civ): complete the civ stage in 1 hour or less using only military might on Normal difficulty or harder

***Atom rush!(civ): complete the civ stage in 45 minutes or less using only military might on the Hardest difficulty
(How: aim for nothing but nuclear weaponry, the difficulty is in keeping yourself alive with the mediocre other stuff you have to put up with when everyone else is trying to kill you)

(*/**/*** mean Lvl 1/Lvl 2/Lvl 3 achievements, where you have to do * first, ** second and ((of course)) *** third)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WilliamstheJohn
Regular


Posts : 409
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 23
Location : Third Rock from Sol

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:04 am

Cobalt58 wrote:
more Achievements:

Oh I see what you did there (general): Edit another person's creation only to have the original author give it positive feedback (through any feedback system, like 'like/dislike').

Shock and Augur(civ onward): Kill/Assassinate a major religious figure with lightning or shock weaponry
(BTW: an Augur is a type of Roman priest, Google it).

Now that's just an ironic Apocalypse: during a Zombie Apocalypse, have your species develop a taste for Zombie flesh (without becoming Zombies themselves).

Splicer(civ onward):Splice genes for the first time

*Blitzkrieg(civ): complete the civ stage in 1 hour or less using only military might

**Shock and awe(civ): complete the civ stage in 1 hour or less using only military might on Normal difficulty or harder

***Atom rush!(civ): complete the civ stage in 45 minutes or less using only military might on the Hardest difficulty
(How: aim for nothing but nuclear weaponry, the difficulty is in keeping yourself alive with the mediocre other stuff you have to put up with when everyone else is trying to kill you)

(*/**/*** mean Lvl 1/Lvl 2/Lvl 3 achievements, where you have to do * first, ** second and ((of course)) *** third)

1.I think its not possible for computer to know why did you edited someones creation.

2.Ok

3.How would you define ,,zombie apocalypse''?

4.I like that idea

5.Ok, but im not sure did you mean to conquer entire planet using only military actions, or get to space stage using only military actions?

6.For now, i think it isnt discused will we have difficulities.But if we have it, this is good idea.

7.same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WilliamstheJohn
Regular


Posts : 409
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 23
Location : Third Rock from Sol

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:24 am

Some more ideas:

Biologist
Terraform more than 100 planets

God of biologists
terraform more than 1000 planets

I belive i can fly, and can bomb the sky...
make your first war plane
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raptorstorm
Newcomer


Posts : 51
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-09-01
Location : The faraway land of New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Sun May 05, 2013 12:20 pm

I had a few more ideas, though some could be named better.

Its anything but Civil... : Have you species enter a civil war.

Four Score and Seven Lightyears away... : Have your species end a civil war.

To see a statue take a gentle jog...: Evolve a creature that encases itself in rock, or have it be living rock.

The beings from Yuggoth: Create a species of Sentient Fungus.

NOT THE BEES!: In Organism mode, die to a swarm of creatures atleast 1/20 your creature's size.

Data, is that you?: "Evolve" a machine race.

That was pointless: Spend 10+ minutes in the Tech Editor, only to have your invention break and fail.

Martian Fly Traps: Evolve as a sentient plant.

Support the Brain Slug Party: Evolve a parasitic organism.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Im a Peanut
Newcomer


Posts : 9
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-17
Age : 16
Location : Brazil-Earth

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Sun May 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Goind to MCdonalds: make a country with at least 1000 obese people
Cyclops: make an one eyed creature
Bad luck: die 100 times
Weapon maker: make at least 100 weapons
Bender Rodriguez?: make a robot that pukes fire
Lol i'm immortal: live for 150 years
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead


Posts : 337
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2013-03-08
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Sun May 05, 2013 5:57 pm

I hate saying stuff I already said again, but people, these achievements are either too easy, too boring or impossible to implement. Suggest achievements that are actually challenging, fun and possible to implement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WilliamstheJohn
Regular


Posts : 409
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 23
Location : Third Rock from Sol

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Mon May 06, 2013 3:57 am

Im a Peanut wrote:
Goind to MCdonalds: make a country with at least 1000 obese people
Cyclops: make an one eyed creature
Bad luck: die 100 times
Weapon maker: make at least 100 weapons
Bender Rodriguez?: make a robot that pukes fire
Lol i'm immortal: live for 150 years

1. Im not sure about it. How would you define obese in game?

2.Ok, but it might be to simple

3. To easy to get, you could just go to someone aggresive again and again.

3. I like that idea, but how would you define ,,weapons''? There wont be anything like weapon editor, so we will need some way to game knows is something weapon or not. It could be defined by its use, but problem would be to it would cause sticks and rock, as example, be defined as weapons.

4.I dont like that idea. Its to simple.

5.I like that idea, but i would love a diferent name for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Biome Team Lead


Posts : 1034
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 24
Location : Earth, the solar system, the milky way...

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Mon May 06, 2013 9:06 am

WilliamstheJohn wrote:
Im a Peanut wrote:
Goind to MCdonalds: make a country with at least 1000 obese people
Cyclops: make an one eyed creature
Bad luck: die 100 times
Weapon maker: make at least 100 weapons
Bender Rodriguez?: make a robot that pukes fire
Lol i'm immortal: live for 150 years

1. Im not sure about it. How would you define obese in game?

2.Ok, but it might be to simple

3. To easy to get, you could just go to someone aggresive again and again.

3. I like that idea, but how would you define ,,weapons''? There wont be anything like weapon editor, so we will need some way to game knows is something weapon or not. It could be defined by its use, but problem would be to it would cause sticks and rock, as example, be defined as weapons.

4.I dont like that idea. Its to simple.

5.I like that idea, but i would love a diferent name for it.

1. As far as I know, there is no game mechanic that would.
2. It's an easy achievement, like minecraft's "get wood."
3. Die as a species or die as the particular member of the species you were controlling? Playing through from cell, that would be extremely easy.
4. I don't know either.
5. Immortality? The Golden Apples? Anno CM? I think we can come up with a better name for this one too, but I don't remember if we are counting years in game at all, it might just be generation time.

_________________
Environmental, Chemical and Linguistic Specialist.
If you speak or write any language that isn't English, we want you.
Now accepting biome donations here.

Please note that there is no currently scheduled time for panic.

Not actually ascended to another plane of existence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniferrito
Experienced


Posts : 726
Reputation : 70
Join date : 2012-10-10
Age : 22
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Mon May 06, 2013 10:25 am

We could count years. But which years? Depending on the particular planet, a year can vary a lot:

On earth, humans average 80 years (moreorless)
On mercury, the same human would live 400 years
Finally, on Neptune, that human would barely survive half a year

If we define year as an earth year, it will just be confusing for the player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Achievement Brainstorming   Today at 1:42 am

Back to top Go down
 
Achievement Brainstorming
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thrive Game Development :: Development :: Get Involved-
Jump to: