Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Why Hello There Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Why Hello There Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Why Hello There Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Why Hello There Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Why Hello There Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Why Hello There Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Why Hello There Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Why Hello There Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Why Hello There Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Why Hello There Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Why Hello There Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Why Hello There Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Why Hello There Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Why Hello There Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Why Hello There Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Why Hello There Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Why Hello There Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Why Hello There Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Why Hello There Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Why Hello There Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Why Hello There

Go down 
+4
The Uteen
~sciocont
SciFiGamer
Matriarch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Matriarch
Newcomer

Why Hello There Empty
PostSubject: Why Hello There   Why Hello There EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:09 pm

Why Hello There people.
While roaming the IndieDB site I noticed a game. A game that has the potential to be a thousand times better than Spore could of been! And if it wasn't slashed to pieces by EA before its release it this game would of still been a thousand times better.

This game... Is Called! THRIVE! Yes the game this site is about people

I love its concept its very idea. Its a game that I would happily buy and work with.

But who am I? See Below

Name: Matriarch (Nickname due to my nature)
Real Name?: Mike
Age?: 19 (Go me it was my birthday last friday)

I'm just a simple English bloke. One with a love of God Games.
All I can offer this game is as a Small Time Voice Actor is do a voice over for Tutorials or whatever may be needed.
Dont need that? Fine I have alot of ideas to share about the game. See below for an Example (Assuming this has yet to be spoken about)

Godly Power: Mutate
Function: The power of mutation is a powerful one. It can either destroy or aid a species. With this power you can either do an act of Good or Evil. Its up to you really.
You can either mutate a organism and make it deadly introducing a plauge to a civilization just to see how they handle it. Will you be able to unite a fractured people to cure this plauge? or will you be more kind and careful with it? Mutate a plant so It can grow in almost any condition the result will eventually be a cure to world hunger be careful though this could lead to overpopulation and even the plant growing out of control. You control the fate of this planet. Mutate another creature and have the planet evolve with 2 Sentient species just to see what happens.

System: Sol
Inhabitants: Humans
Owned Planets: 1
Local Year: (Year of Game Release)
This system is the home of a primitive backwater species. Not very interesting and currently is politically unstable. Why would you want to be here?
What can you do here?: You can help the humans. If you really want to. You could help them colonize the Moon and Mars and put an end to the struggle for resources and possible end a future World War. Maybe even lower pollution levels and store the large amounts of CO2 and other greenhouse gasses and take them to Mars. Shrink the Ice Caps a little. Stop the growth of deserts. Maybe give them Fusion Technology. Or you could just wipe this pitiful race from the face of the universe and take the world as your own.

Stellar Manipulation: (Now I have little knowledge of how the game engine will do this but anyway) (Note: Whatever Civilization you have will probably need to be a Type 3 Civilization) (Also anyone remember Space Empires 4 and 5? Space Empires 6 is long needed..)
Are you bored of finding dead star systems? Finding dead hulks of burnt out stars that just failed to go nova or die otherwise and is simply a big dead rock in space? Why not use the new and improved Star-Boot 5000. This device reignites the Fusion Reaction of a star by collecting the gasses the star needs from nearby Gas Giants or Nebula or even from Deep Space travel. With the right tech level you can even control what type of star is born depending how you want the planets to turn out. Literally tailoring a system to your races needs. If your Reptilian and you like it Hot or if your Aquatic and like it Temperate and Rainy.

Too many asteroids? Why not collect them all and crush them using a Gravity Field Generator. Build one of these huge while costly devices in a system with alot of asteroids. Then move X amount of Asteroids too the device (Number depends on how big you want your new world. Or how many are even available) This device will attract them all and the huge artificial gravity field will crush them together. The device will then act as a artificial core giving the planet a gravity field, magnetic field and a rotation.
All you need to do is either let nature take its course (If you have time or some sort of localized time acceleration device) or terraform your new baby.

Kinda Silly ideas but its all I could really come up with at this time.
Back to top Go down
SciFiGamer
Newcomer
SciFiGamer

Why Hello There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hello There   Why Hello There EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:20 am

Welcome!!! you'll want to read the wiki if you haven't already. Those are good ideas for god mode btw. but keep in mind the game isin't all about god mode! its also about raising your own species from the microscopic level to a space faring civilization! Once again welcome to Thrive!
EDIT: btw im a newcomer here aswell. the leads should be posting here soon introducing themselves
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Why Hello There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hello There   Why Hello There EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:33 am

So we have a God mode fanatic? That's nice, god mode has been slightly neglected.

Hello, I'm sciocont, you can call me scio. Us of Alaska and I co-lead this project, so if you need anything, please PM us. You've some really cool ideas there, so start posting them in the appropriate sections so that you can generate more discussion and feedback.

If you're a voice actor, you may be just the person to get our podcast going. We need a moderator for it.
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

Why Hello There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hello There   Why Hello There EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:21 am

Welcome, Matriarch!

If you like the god aspects of the game, then check out the Sandbox mode! (I'm the team lead, so I am going to be enthusiastic about it ) It's a mode where you're free to use god tools to your heart's content, with no hassle of a galaxy of annoying little races like humans and that irritating orange lot with one eye and a crocodile mouth... The Uteen, that's them.

Anyway, we have the basic idea for the Sandbox, but I don't think we have got any pre-made stuff, and your idea for a pre-made sol system sounds a pretty cool Sandbox feature. Or, if you have any ideas for just basic tools with godly abilities, then post them in the god tools section.
We have lots of ideas scattered about with no real list of exactly what tools we've thought of (we have a 'list', but it hasn't been added to, to my knowledge), but surf through the 'God Tools To Date' thread and see what's there, and if your idea isn't there, it's probably not been thought of yet (except by you, of course), so add it, quick, before someone reads your mind and claims the idea for themselves!

Oh, and there's other stuff in Thrive, it's all good, and scattered about the place.
Back to top Go down
Matriarch
Newcomer

Why Hello There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hello There   Why Hello There EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:10 pm

Ah cool so much to reply to :L

@Scio
I have no problem with this Podcast you speak off. I'm between jobs so I still have a basic TEXET Microphone. Its good and its done its job but a new one will be coming soon for more HQ Audio. I have done alot of Voice Acting all of them playing AI's Tutorial Voices or a Computer in some way. I've worked for two different projects. One is a Fan Film series made by a friend of mine for his college/university projects of Star Trek: Unity and Star Trek: Rapture. And a Fan-Game called Star Trek: Freelance. Ive been doing this since at least 2007.

@Uteen
I can think of some Pre-Made things. Some cool things for players to find like the Sol System with its own itty bitty humans. Or depending on the time scale Dinosaurs or a Mars thats still green. Or the Home Systems of Races seen in SciFi. I love the Sandbox idea and Ive always been a fan of God Games and Sandbox games because you can just go wild and make some crazy stuff. Like blowing stars up. Spore was good but this will be better. (Even though Spores downfall was the amount hacked and slashed from it something I hope wont happen here)

@SciFiGamer
Thanks for the Welcome
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

Why Hello There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hello There   Why Hello There EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Well... Everyone seems to have said everything... Welcome to the project!
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

Why Hello There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hello There   Why Hello There EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:56 am

Quote :
Well... Everyone seems to have said everything... Welcome to the project!

Quoting For Truth, or QFT, as we say here. Welcome to Thrive!
Back to top Go down
BastianKraft
Newcomer

Why Hello There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hello There   Why Hello There EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:24 pm

I might as well hang this on here....

Im also new and i was following this project for a while on Moddb aswell. Ill keep it short because my freinds are trying to force me to come with to a party. (one of my hobbies)

My name is Bastian Kraft, i come from near Frankfurt in Germany. Im 18 and here and there i have worked on some modding projects but since the last 1,5 Years i havent done anything but translation and a bit of concept art at all. But im pretty sure i can help a alot in some areas of the project, but i dont know anybody here yet and im still used to discussing over a skype call and similar so it will take a while until i can really become helpful. Next Septemer i will start my job as a computer scientist.

Ill try to contact the teamleaders within teh next few days to get on the top of the project and to find out where i fit best. So bye bye, I got to go Drink lots of alk and make the dancefloor a dangerous place.

P.S. i speak so good english because i lived in America half my life so i might even make a good translator!
Back to top Go down
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Biome Team Lead
Mysterious_Calligrapher

Why Hello There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hello There   Why Hello There EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:26 am

Well, welcome to both of you, though you needn't be shy about starting your own welcome topic, Bastian. (cool name, BTW)

Darn - no multilinguals here, though I'm sure we can use you both no matter what. Anyhow, my usual line stands - welcome, click the sig if you have biomes.
Back to top Go down
Matriarch
Newcomer

Why Hello There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hello There   Why Hello There EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:29 am

Almost.. forgot about this site. Got very busy with real life projects etc. Thank IndieDB for reminding me haha.

I'm really glad that this place is not dead. Your game has so much potential and promise.

I have one question, What is being done about FTL Technology in this game? How will civilizations branch out and expand in the galaxy?
Warp, Hyperdrive, Slipstream, Artificial Wormholes, Mass Effect Drives.. Stargates?
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

Why Hello There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hello There   Why Hello There EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:00 am

Matriarch wrote:
Almost.. forgot about this site. Got very busy with real life projects etc. Thank IndieDB for reminding me haha.

I'm really glad that this place is not dead. Your game has so much potential and promise.

I have one question, What is being done about FTL Technology in this game? How will civilizations branch out and expand in the galaxy?
Warp, Hyperdrive, Slipstream, Artificial Wormholes, Mass Effect Drives.. Stargates?
An option from a number of methods, which probably includes most of these.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why Hello There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hello There   Why Hello There Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Hello There
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thrive Game Development :: Development :: Get Involved-
Jump to: