Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
New Posts
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
by NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
by NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
by crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
by tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
by NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
by NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
by crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
by The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
by crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
by MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
by tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
by tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
by Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Translator to Serbian here
by Simeartherist Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:36 am

» Presentation
by Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
by crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
by Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
by Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
by Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
by TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm


Share | 
 

 The Graphics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PTFace
Learner


Posts : 139
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: The Graphics   Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:46 am

So how good of a pc will I a need? I just looked at the concept video, and the planets looked impressive. If I bought my rig this year, do you think I'd be able to run it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead


Posts : 1476
Reputation : 70
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 20
Location : England, Virgo Supercluster

PostSubject: Re: The Graphics   Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:20 am

PTFace wrote:
So how good of a pc will I a need? I just looked at the concept video, and the planets looked impressive. If I bought my rig this year, do you think I'd be able to run it?

I think we're aiming for it to run decently on modern computers, but modern computers are constantly improving... I assume it will run fine on a computer bought now, it will just work better the more recent the computer is, like most games. Of course, that's discounting the possibility of a platform change. On that subject, I don't know what we'll do if iPads (and the CopyPads) dominate computer... Computer-ing in the near future. Would we switch, or would that mean ditching our current progress? (Programming-wise, that is, I don't think our CCs oblige us to use keyboards, since it's mainly GUIs)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PTFace
Learner


Posts : 139
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: The Graphics   Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:41 pm

The Uteen wrote:
PTFace wrote:
So how good of a pc will I a need? I just looked at the concept video, and the planets looked impressive. If I bought my rig this year, do you think I'd be able to run it?

I think we're aiming for it to run decently on modern computers, but modern computers are constantly improving... I assume it will run fine on a computer bought now, it will just work better the more recent the computer is, like most games. Of course, that's discounting the possibility of a platform change. On that subject, I don't know what we'll do if iPads (and the CopyPads) dominate computer... Computer-ing in the near future. Would we switch, or would that mean ditching our current progress? (Programming-wise, that is, I don't think our CCs oblige us to use keyboards, since it's mainly GUIs)
In my humble opinion, it would probably better to stick to PC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead


Posts : 1476
Reputation : 70
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 20
Location : England, Virgo Supercluster

PostSubject: Re: The Graphics   Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:10 pm

PTFace wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
PTFace wrote:
So how good of a pc will I a need? I just looked at the concept video, and the planets looked impressive. If I bought my rig this year, do you think I'd be able to run it?

I think we're aiming for it to run decently on modern computers, but modern computers are constantly improving... I assume it will run fine on a computer bought now, it will just work better the more recent the computer is, like most games. Of course, that's discounting the possibility of a platform change. On that subject, I don't know what we'll do if iPads (and the CopyPads) dominate computer... Computer-ing in the near future. Would we switch, or would that mean ditching our current progress? (Programming-wise, that is, I don't think our CCs oblige us to use keyboards, since it's mainly GUIs)
In my humble opinion, it would probably better to stick to PC.
Because we planned to make it for PCs, it's probably what will happen.

Of course, modders reading this in the future when there's something playable could help by porting the game to other platforms. *Wink*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Graphics   Today at 1:46 am

Back to top Go down
 
The Graphics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thrive Game Development :: Development :: Design :: Visual-
Jump to: