Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Organism's appearance Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Organism's appearance Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Organism's appearance Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Organism's appearance Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Organism's appearance Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Organism's appearance Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Organism's appearance Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Organism's appearance Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Organism's appearance Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Organism's appearance Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Organism's appearance Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Organism's appearance Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Organism's appearance Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Organism's appearance Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Organism's appearance Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Organism's appearance Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Organism's appearance Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Organism's appearance Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Organism's appearance Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Organism's appearance Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Organism's appearance

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PTFace
Learner
PTFace

Organism's appearance Empty
PostSubject: Organism's appearance   Organism's appearance EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:59 pm

Seeing as the game is based on realistic evolution, how much control of the creature's appearance would the player have?
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Organism's appearance   Organism's appearance EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 6:02 pm

PTFace wrote:
Seeing as the game is based on realistic evolution, how much control of the creature's appearance would the player have?
Firstly, this question would have been better asked in this thread, though that section isn't the first place you'd look to ask a game-related question, so it's understandable to miss it.

Basically, this question is about how much control the player has over physical evolution. So...

You have the choices of:
  • The directional editor, or full organism editor, in which you modify your organism and your creature gradually reaches what you create through small changes over generations (making big changes will take a long time, though);
  • The limited organism editor, which lets you make a small change each generation (may be incorporated in the directional editor);
  • Auto-evo, which uses the AIs system of evolution, essentially random.

For more info, see the wiki. (evolution should find auto-evo, editor for microbe & org editor)

This is covered briefly (with the omission of the directional editor) in the FAQs thread, under the (awkwardly worded) question 'How do I evolve my creature?'. A link to the thread can be found on the very left-hand bar, near the top.

I hear this kind of question quite a bit, so this is every single helpful piece of information that can be given on your control of evolution. If this doesn't answer the question, it's the wrong question.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Organism's appearance   Organism's appearance EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:30 pm

[quote="The Uteen"]
PTFace wrote:
Firstly, this question would have been better asked in [url=https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t680-miscellaneous-bugs-and-questions-that-don-t-deserve-their-own-thread-thread]what if You could choose for a part to lose its value, purpose and only use it for looks so that You could ad more to yOUR ORGANISM.
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Organism's appearance   Organism's appearance EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:20 am

MeowMan1 wrote:
PTFace wrote:
what if You could choose for a part to lose its value, purpose and only use it for looks so that You could ad more to yOUR ORGANISM.
If a part is added and has no use, it would be there simply for looks, so that should be possible. However, if this organism was subjected to auto-evo, and growing the part each generation uses a lot of energy, then it probably would disappear eventually. If you wanted to keep it long-term, though, you could choose to control the organism's evolution yourself.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Biome Team Lead
Mysterious_Calligrapher

PostSubject: Re: Organism's appearance   Organism's appearance EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:26 am

Somewhere, I swear, we gave consideration to creature parts that evolved for "display" such as peacock tails. Auto evo will allow you to keep them as long as it doesn't become a disadvantage (i.e. creatures are being eaten more often because they're more visible,) and manual evo had them mentioned sometime last year, so looking for the post is kind of a headache, but trust me, it's covered. Somewhere...
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Organism's appearance   Organism's appearance EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:49 pm

Mysterious_Calligrapher wrote:
Somewhere, I swear, we gave consideration to creature parts that evolved for "display" such as peacock tails. Auto evo will allow you to keep them as long as it doesn't become a disadvantage (i.e. creatures are being eaten more often because they're more visible,) and manual evo had them mentioned sometime last year, so looking for the post is kind of a headache, but trust me, it's covered. Somewhere...
Wish I was here last year....WAIT! I was, but I think I had just started Thrive..But when was this? Did sciocont mention it at all? cuz He's a genius...I meant that literally he knows A LOT OF STUFF.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Biome Team Lead
Mysterious_Calligrapher

PostSubject: Re: Organism's appearance   Organism's appearance EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:33 pm

MeowMan1 wrote:
Wish I was here last year....WAIT! I was, but I think I had just started Thrive..But when was this? Did sciocont mention it at all? cuz He's a genius...I meant that literally he knows A LOT OF STUFF.

Obscure portion of a long-dormant auto-evo thread, I think. I know we had CC for the Organism Editor already. If I remember correctly the conclusion was "yeah, we should include them" and then we moved on.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Organism's appearance   Organism's appearance EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:44 pm

MeowMan1 wrote:

Obscure portion of a long-dormant auto-evo thread, I think. I know we had CC for the Organism Editor already. If I remember correctly the conclusion was "yeah, we should include them" and then we moved on.
What is "CC"? I have a thing to add: How complex should we making the color of skin, type of skin editing?
Like 10 options eah, or more?
Back to top Go down
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Biome Team Lead
Mysterious_Calligrapher

PostSubject: Re: Organism's appearance   Organism's appearance EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:46 pm

current concept = CC
Your question is answered in the Organism Editor. (OE. It's to your left. Under the Read Before Posting section.)
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Organism's appearance   Organism's appearance EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:55 pm

current concept = CC
Your question is answered in the Organism Editor. (OE. It's to your left. Under the Read Before Posting section.)
Ok I'll check it out thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Organism's appearance   Organism's appearance Empty

Back to top Go down

Organism's appearance
Page 1 of 1