Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
End of Planets? Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
End of Planets? Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
End of Planets? Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
End of Planets? Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
End of Planets? Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
End of Planets? Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
End of Planets? Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
End of Planets? Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
End of Planets? Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
End of Planets? Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
End of Planets? Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
End of Planets? Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
End of Planets? Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
End of Planets? Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
End of Planets? Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
End of Planets? Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
End of Planets? Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
End of Planets? Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
End of Planets? Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
End of Planets? Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

End of Planets?

Go down 
+6
Mysterious_Calligrapher
MeowMan1
jmc-24
Doggit
~sciocont
sumwun18
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sumwun18
Newcomer
sumwun18

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:27 pm

So I don't know if this has been adressed, if it has I apologize. I got to thinking about how planets would end. What happpens when it does? Does a nearby sun go supernova and obliterate it? Does a diety come down to bring beings to salvation?

Personally I believe that the end of a planet should hinge on the predominant belief system which could cause variations in the end of the planet. Anybody care to comment on this?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Since belief systems would be largely arbitrary, the end of a planet would be spectacular through entirely natural phenomena-it could collide with a star, other planet, it's own moon, a comet, or an asteroid. It could also be scorched by a solar flare, torn apart by tidal forces, etc. - I believe we do have a disasters thread, though I can't seem to find it.
Back to top Go down
sumwun18
Newcomer
sumwun18

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:29 pm

yeah i couldn't find it either so i thought i'd bring it up.

I kinda liked the idea of a diety coming down
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 7:02 am

sumwun18 wrote:
yeah i couldn't find it either so i thought i'd bring it up.

I kinda liked the idea of a diety coming down

In my opinion, a god who comes down and helps his people, I think that misses in a game that is as important topics in science and the evolution of the universe (in all its aspects, both physical and biological).

Please do not touch Thrive with religion.
Back to top Go down
jmc-24
Newcomer
jmc-24

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 7:30 am

Religion will be in the game, have you been onto the nation and strategy areas?
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 7:56 am

jmc-24 wrote:
Religion will be in the game, have you been onto the nation and strategy areas?

Yes, but I am not clear if religions are seen as normal stages of civilization of a species(as we had with us all the pagan religions and contemporary), or as a metaphysical something really existing.
Back to top Go down
jmc-24
Newcomer
jmc-24

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:08 am

oh right I get what you mean, I would say unless the religion was based on an alien species I don't think it would exist.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:13 am

jmc-24 wrote:
oh right I get what you mean, I would say unless the religion was based on an alien species I don't think it would exist.

sorry I did not understand what you mean
(sorry too my bad english )
Back to top Go down
jmc-24
Newcomer
jmc-24

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:18 am

Doggit wrote:
jmc-24 wrote:

Its my fault, I could of made that clearer, so if the religion was based upon an alien species then the god could actually exist but if it wasn't then it wouldn't. Did that make more sense? (I'm not always the best at writing what I'm trying to say :P)
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:23 am

jmc-24 wrote:
Doggit wrote:
jmc-24 wrote:

Its my fault, I could of made that clearer, so if the religion was based upon an alien species then the god could actually exist but if it wasn't then it wouldn't. Did that make more sense? (I'm not always the best at writing what I'm trying to say :P)

You mean that if religion is an alien religion, the god of this religion could exist?
Back to top Go down
jmc-24
Newcomer
jmc-24

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:33 am

Doggit wrote:
jmc-24 wrote:
Doggit wrote:
jmc-24 wrote:

You mean that if religion is an alien religion, the god of this religion could exist?

Yeah if the god of the religion was an 'alien' than yes it could exist and in theory save the species that worships it from mass extinction on its home planet. Do you get what I mean now?
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:44 am

jmc-24 wrote:
Doggit wrote:
jmc-24 wrote:
Doggit wrote:
jmc-24 wrote:

Yeah if the god of the religion was an 'alien' than yes it could exist and in theory save the species that worships it from mass extinction on its home planet. Do you get what I mean now?
Yes I think so. You mean a god who was first a mortal?
Back to top Go down
jmc-24
Newcomer
jmc-24

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:54 am

Doggit wrote:
jmc-24 wrote:
Doggit wrote:
jmc-24 wrote:
Doggit wrote:
jmc-24 wrote:

Yes I think so. You mean a god who was first a mortal?

Yeah or one that is technology advanced compare to the followers of the religion (When the Spanish met the mayans, they were in awe of them due to the difference in technology)
Back to top Go down
sumwun18
Newcomer
sumwun18

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:46 am

jmc-24 wrote:

This is great, kinda what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
jmc-24
Newcomer
jmc-24

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:32 am

sumwun18 wrote:
jmc-24 wrote:

It sounds plausible, right?
Back to top Go down
sumwun18
Newcomer
sumwun18

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:34 am

This sounds plausible to me. If the mortal they worship saves them, where would he take them? To another nearby planet?......this could inadverntley cause alien contact.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:37 am

sumwun18 wrote:
jmc-24 wrote:

Yeah um this whole diety stuff, (just my opinion) but I think If You want to destroy a planet, it should be like spore, or like Sciocont said, "Natural Phenomena", like You either shoot out a beam from your space ship that blows up the dang planet or You just see it being screwed by a solar flare or Maybe it's own inhabitants make so many bombs and stuff that they cause like a nuclear chain reaction which blows it up, or they pollute uit so much that all the life on it dies but the planet itself it still there. Like seriously, I DESPISE All that diety stuff because religion gets in the way of people's lives and thats the main reason why people disrespect gay or lesbian people, plus it's just not realistic or even scientific in the very slightest! Not that I'm gay though I like women....
Back to top Go down
sumwun18
Newcomer
sumwun18

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:40 am

I respect that you don't really care for religion but religion is an integral part of civilizations.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:41 am

sumwun18 wrote:
This sounds plausible to me. If the mortal they worship saves them, where would he take them? To another nearby planet?......this could inadverntley cause alien contact.
But yeah, if its a mortal alien race, but not some crud like jesus, or atleast any alien version of him, ecause number 1:HE IS FREAKING DEAD!. So his life is over theres nothinwe can do about it, and I honestly believe even if we could, that'd just be wierd a hell, so.....yeah no jesus stuff but like what You said comparing us to the foreRunners for example.
Back to top Go down
sumwun18
Newcomer
sumwun18

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:45 am

Jesus?.....nothing was said about anybody coming back to life. This is a mortal creature they revere saving them. what do you mean the foreRunners?
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:47 am

sumwun18 wrote:
I respect that you don't really care for religion but religion is an integral part of civilizations.
Sorry it's just that My brother's friend's dad make his son only listen to christian music, and in the talent show he could only play a christian song and some other stupid stuff like that, I just thought it got in the way of the kid's freedom, so yeah..... but I do respect religion and actually read the bible a few times just cause I thought it was interesting, so I find it somewhat amusing, like a serious fairy tale if You will...no offense though, anyways lets get off this religious stuff cuz I don't wanna get anyone to hate me so yupidydup dup doo!
Back to top Go down
jmc-24
Newcomer
jmc-24

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:51 am

sumwun18 wrote:

They could take them to another habitable planet in the solar system if any or the closest free planet.

MeowMan1 wrote:
But yeah, if its a mortal alien race, but not some crud like jesus, or atleast any alien version of him, ecause number 1:HE IS FREAKING DEAD!. So his life is over theres nothinwe can do about it, and I honestly believe even if we could, that'd just be wierd a hell, so.....yeah no jesus stuff but like what You said comparing us to the foreRunners for example.

I never meant anything like that. I just meant that an advanced race that are worshipped, nothing special just a technologically advanced species that can save the other species from demise.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:54 am

sumwun18 wrote:
Jesus?.....nothing was said about anybody coming back to life. This is a mortal creature they revere saving them. what do you mean the foreRunners?
oh. well I feel stupid now, You said a diety right? wait then what did you mean by a diety??? lol I feel very wierd now.....I emailed admin btw. asked him a few questions about himself. just cuz Yes You are right though, I would be talking ludicrous if I meant for no religion, I learned that word from avatar the legend of korra btw.
The forerunners from halo who are extremely advanced compared to us, they ontrolled the humans for a while, anyways I meant like what you said about a species who is god-like compared to the other species.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:59 am

jmc-24 wrote:
sumwun18 wrote:

They could take them to another habitable planet in the solar system if any or the closest free planet.

MeowMan1 wrote:

I never meant anything like that. I just meant that an advanced race that are worshipped, nothing special just a technologically advanced species that can save the other species from demise.
How so do You mean demise?
I was wondering, could this godlike species possibly, change the species religion?
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:59 am

MeowMan1 wrote:
sumwun18 wrote:
jmc-24 wrote:

Yeah um this whole diety stuff, (just my opinion) but I think If You want to destroy a planet, it should be like spore, or like Sciocont said, "Natural Phenomena", like You either shoot out a beam from your space ship that blows up the dang planet or You just see it being screwed by a solar flare or Maybe it's own inhabitants make so many bombs and stuff that they cause like a nuclear chain reaction which blows it up, or they pollute uit so much that all the life on it dies but the planet itself it still there. Like seriously, I DESPISE All that diety stuff because religion gets in the way of people's lives and thats the main reason why people disrespect gay or lesbian people, plus it's just not realistic or even scientific in the very slightest! Not that I'm gay though I like women....

Exactly ... I agree fully
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

End of Planets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Planets?   End of Planets? Empty

Back to top Go down

End of Planets?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next