Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
New Posts
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
by NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
by NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
by crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
by tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
by NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
by NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
by crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
by The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
by crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
by MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
by tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
by tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
by Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Translator to Serbian here
by Simeartherist Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:36 am

» Presentation
by Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
by crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
by Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
by Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
by Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
by TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm


Share | 
 

 Thrive Trailers!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zippybomb
Newcomer


Posts : 73
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-06-13
Age : 18
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Thrive Trailers!   Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Ok, these are the trailers I made. They're all the same except with different music like you guys suggested. Decide on the best one and I guess we can post it somewhere? Anyways, because I can't post links yet just add these onto the end of the youtube web address:


Paradise theme: /watch?v=cyb16BXQfEE&feature=plcp

Civ Theme: /watch?v=8_JClFlZCzY&feature=plcp

Alibi Theme: /watch?v=jHZY_JJuPVA&feature=plcp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doggit
Regular


Posts : 444
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2012-04-28
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Trailers!   Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:23 pm

zippybomb wrote:
Ok, these are the trailers I made. They're all the same except with different music like you guys suggested. Decide on the best one and I guess we can post it somewhere? Anyways, because I can't post links yet just add these onto the end of the youtube web address:


Paradise theme: /watch?v=cyb16BXQfEE&feature=plcp

Civ Theme: /watch?v=8_JClFlZCzY&feature=plcp

Alibi Theme: /watch?v=jHZY_JJuPVA&feature=plcp

Civ Theme

_________________

My Themes: Here

You are a music composer and you can help us? Three simple rules:
1) Have or create a youtube channel
2) Publish the music on youtube (with a picture that relates to the song)
3) Publish it in the appropriate section of the forum.

Then I and Oliveriver will evaluate the song. :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zippybomb
Newcomer


Posts : 73
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-06-13
Age : 18
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Trailers!   Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Doggit wrote:
zippybomb wrote:
Ok, these are the trailers I made. They're all the same except with different music like you guys suggested. Decide on the best one and I guess we can post it somewhere? Anyways, because I can't post links yet just add these onto the end of the youtube web address:


Paradise theme: /watch?v=cyb16BXQfEE&feature=plcp

Civ Theme: /watch?v=8_JClFlZCzY&feature=plcp

Alibi Theme: /watch?v=jHZY_JJuPVA&feature=plcp

Civ Theme


I really like it, but the only problem I have with it is that it's an ambiance music and not climactic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead


Posts : 1476
Reputation : 70
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 20
Location : England, Virgo Supercluster

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Trailers!   Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:19 pm

You still can't post links? I thought 20+ posts allowed link posting...
zippybomb wrote:
Paradise theme: /watch?v=cyb16BXQfEE&feature=plcp

Civ Theme: /watch?v=8_JClFlZCzY&feature=plcp

Alibi Theme: /watch?v=jHZY_JJuPVA&feature=plcp

It's blocked in the UK... Odd.

Those are certainly civilised jellyfish.

A theme for alibis? That's more random than even I could manage. Why is proving you were elsewhere at a given time so dramatic?



Good themes. A little odd in some ways, but that's unrelated the the actual music. I'd say the second (civ theme) is more appropriate than the overdramatic third one (the 'alabi' theme? ), and I can't comment on the first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zippybomb
Newcomer


Posts : 73
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-06-13
Age : 18
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Trailers!   Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:25 pm

The Uteen wrote:
You still can't post links? I thought 20+ posts allowed link posting...
zippybomb wrote:
Paradise theme: /watch?v=cyb16BXQfEE&feature=plcp

Civ Theme: /watch?v=8_JClFlZCzY&feature=plcp

Alibi Theme: /watch?v=jHZY_JJuPVA&feature=plcp

It's blocked in the UK... Odd.

Those are certainly civilised jellyfish.

A theme for alibis? That's more random than even I could manage. Why is proving you were elsewhere at a given time so dramatic?



Good themes. A little odd in some ways, but that's unrelated the the actual music. I'd say the second (civ theme) is more appropriate than the overdramatic third one (the 'alabi' theme? ), and I can't comment on the first.



I don't know why it's called alibi, that's just the name of the song. And the first is Paradise by Coldplay, but for some reason most people can't use that one, probably because of the music being blocked. That one is my favorite, but seeing as that's the actual theme, and the other one is blocked, I'll use the civ theme. Now, is there anywhere you guys want me to post these? It might help us attract programmers or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead


Posts : 3406
Reputation : 138
Join date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Trailers!   Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm

zippybomb wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
You still can't post links? I thought 20+ posts allowed link posting...
zippybomb wrote:
Paradise theme: /watch?v=cyb16BXQfEE&feature=plcp

Civ Theme: /watch?v=8_JClFlZCzY&feature=plcp

Alibi Theme: /watch?v=jHZY_JJuPVA&feature=plcp

It's blocked in the UK... Odd.

Those are certainly civilised jellyfish.

A theme for alibis? That's more random than even I could manage. Why is proving you were elsewhere at a given time so dramatic?



Good themes. A little odd in some ways, but that's unrelated the the actual music. I'd say the second (civ theme) is more appropriate than the overdramatic third one (the 'alabi' theme? ), and I can't comment on the first.



I don't know why it's called alibi, that's just the name of the song. And the first is Paradise by Coldplay, but for some reason most people can't use that one, probably because of the music being blocked. That one is my favorite, but seeing as that's the actual theme, and the other one is blocked, I'll use the civ theme. Now, is there anywhere you guys want me to post these? It might help us attract programmers or something.
Nope, just keep them under lock and key.

_________________
Remember our goals: simplicity, science, and playability. Keep them in mind always.
[OE]|[FAQ]|[Wiki]|[My Blog]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zippybomb
Newcomer


Posts : 73
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-06-13
Age : 18
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Trailers!   Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:39 pm

~sciocont wrote:
zippybomb wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
You still can't post links? I thought 20+ posts allowed link posting...
zippybomb wrote:
Paradise theme: /watch?v=cyb16BXQfEE&feature=plcp

Civ Theme: /watch?v=8_JClFlZCzY&feature=plcp

Alibi Theme: /watch?v=jHZY_JJuPVA&feature=plcp

It's blocked in the UK... Odd.

Those are certainly civilised jellyfish.

A theme for alibis? That's more random than even I could manage. Why is proving you were elsewhere at a given time so dramatic?



Good themes. A little odd in some ways, but that's unrelated the the actual music. I'd say the second (civ theme) is more appropriate than the overdramatic third one (the 'alabi' theme? ), and I can't comment on the first.



I don't know why it's called alibi, that's just the name of the song. And the first is Paradise by Coldplay, but for some reason most people can't use that one, probably because of the music being blocked. That one is my favorite, but seeing as that's the actual theme, and the other one is blocked, I'll use the civ theme. Now, is there anywhere you guys want me to post these? It might help us attract programmers or something.
Nope, just keep them under lock and key.



Ok, they don't have any Thrive footage by the way, although i'm not sure if we even have any of that, they're just clips of animals and microbes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MeowMan1
Regular


Posts : 255
Reputation : -7
Join date : 2012-03-04
Age : 17
Location : Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Trailers!   Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:18 am

post the Youtube videos on here, like Doggit did.
I cannot go to Youtube, google, and a few other sites, because My computer is jacked-up.
So if You could do that, I would be very grateful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zippybomb
Newcomer


Posts : 73
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-06-13
Age : 18
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Trailers!   Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:14 pm

MeowMan1 wrote:
post the Youtube videos on here, like Doggit did.
I cannot go to Youtube, google, and a few other sites, because My computer is jacked-up.
So if You could do that, I would be very grateful.


I can't because it hasn't been 7 days since I joined.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MeowMan1
Regular


Posts : 255
Reputation : -7
Join date : 2012-03-04
Age : 17
Location : Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Trailers!   Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:21 pm

ok then
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holomanga
Newcomer


Posts : 83
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 18
Location : Earth

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Trailers!   Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:12 pm

I like it, but the latter half should be alien-looking creatures (the future is wild and stuff) instead of terrestrial animals. The microbes, jellyfish and sponges can stay though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zippybomb
Newcomer


Posts : 73
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-06-13
Age : 18
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Trailers!   Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Holomanga wrote:
I like it, but the latter half should be alien-looking creatures (the future is wild and stuff) instead of terrestrial animals. The microbes, jellyfish and sponges can stay though.

I just kind of based it off earth, because, well, it's been doing pretty well until we came along.


Also, because some people couldn't access the first trailer, which I personally think is the best, I redid it with a music file that I think should work:

/watch?v=Uqa5P1G6HPw

Just add that onto your youtube url and enjoy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doggit
Regular


Posts : 444
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2012-04-28
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Trailers!   Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:21 am

zippybomb wrote:
Holomanga wrote:
I like it, but the latter half should be alien-looking creatures (the future is wild and stuff) instead of terrestrial animals. The microbes, jellyfish and sponges can stay though.

I just kind of based it off earth, because, well, it's been doing pretty well until we came along. <span class='tooltiptrolol'><img src='https://s3.amazonaws.com/TrollEmoticons/lol.png' /><span>lol</span></span>


Also, because some people couldn't access the first trailer, which I personally think is the best, I redid it with a music file that I think should work:

/watch?v=Uqa5P1G6HPw

Just add that onto your youtube url and enjoy!

not bad

_________________

My Themes: Here

You are a music composer and you can help us? Three simple rules:
1) Have or create a youtube channel
2) Publish the music on youtube (with a picture that relates to the song)
3) Publish it in the appropriate section of the forum.

Then I and Oliveriver will evaluate the song. :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tjblazer85
Newcomer


Posts : 53
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-06-04
Age : 16

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Trailers!   Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:08 am

Hey Guys I was wondering if I could also do a trailer for Thrive. I love editing videos and I want to give it a shot! I think I'll make two trailers an animated one and one made like zippybombs where multiple clips of life are put together. Oh and great job on the Paradise Trailer zippy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead


Posts : 579
Reputation : 59
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 18
Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Trailers!   Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:43 am

Ideally any trailer at the moment needs to feature gameplay - it's no use rendering an amazing animated video which showcases the wonders of life if the gameplay itself doesn't live up to that standard yet.

_________________
All Thrive Music
My Thrive Music
Download Thrive's Soundtrack

Devoted member of the Society for Having David Attenborough Narrate the Opening Cutscene
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://oliverlugg.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Thrive Trailers!   Today at 1:42 am

Back to top Go down
 
Thrive Trailers!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thrive Game Development :: Development :: Graphics-
Jump to: