Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Male vs Female as the dominant gender Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Male vs Female as the dominant gender

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PTFace
Learner
PTFace

Male vs Female as the dominant gender Empty
PostSubject: Male vs Female as the dominant gender   Male vs Female as the dominant gender EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:51 am

Ironically, I thought of this idea while playing Spore.

I thought about how creatures appear to be asexual, and while Spore did this to secure an E rating as well as the casualization of the game that we all saw from the 2005 demo, I am 99% sure we have discussed that we will have reproduction as a part of the organism editor.\

And this is where I lead to this topic.

I think that a male v female "slider", based on what the stronger sex is, will have a high impact on how the race acts beyond the organism section.
And to keep this quick, I will present 2 ideas on how I personally believe how it should work.

1). Player Choice
When I say choice, I mean that the player will choose to play as a male or female character (assuming your species has gender). Now when I say choice, you pick your gender as stated above. However for this to have any effect, we would have to have a stereotypical gender based bonus system. The one I think of is females are more diplomatic while males are more war-based.

2). Auto-Evo
Again, we would have to have some sort of effects for the male v female bonus effects. Auto evo would essentially determine which gender should be larger to see what survives better. Now this is just a basic factor, but female T-Rexes and Praying Mantises come to mind in species where females can be more "aggressive". In the mantis example, you could have it to the point where males are literally only used for breeding and as army levies.

Again with the auto-evo situation, the game would have to randomize which bonuses go to which gender. Look at the praying mantis again, Females could be diplomatically advanced, and the reason males are only used for breeding and army levies because they are extremely aggresive. (Not sure if male mantises are like that, just using that as an example)

Now, what are your thoughts on a system like this? I know that the programming part is far off, considering microbes will probably only be asexual.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Male vs Female as the dominant gender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male vs Female as the dominant gender   Male vs Female as the dominant gender EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:01 am

With the caste option in the OE, you can have multiple sexes and multiple derivative forms of those sexes, each with their own appearance and behavior.
Back to top Go down

Male vs Female as the dominant gender
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thrive Game Development :: Development :: Design :: Modes :: Organism-
Jump to: