Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Microbe Stage Progress Report

Go down 
+50
Inca
spacetime_dinosaur
MitochondriaBox
TheFellowWithTheHat
Dalroc
Silver Sterling
Mouthwash
meldebious
PortalFan1000
Tritium
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Jimexmore
Nimbal
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Naevius
Tarpy
FunnyGames
WJacobC
untrustedlife
NikolaAnicic007
CoolGuyChris
DawnTyrantEo
DragonX511
Armok: God of Blood
Oliveriver
Thriving Cheese
Jopetsu
WilliamstheJohn
Orygandian2
GmansWatching
penumbra espinosa
Holomanga
nziswat
Calfeggs
decelis93
Dilophoraptor
PandaVirus
Admantus
Daniferrito
Gawbad
Rorsten594
Raptorstorm
ido66667
Brennus
MeowMan1
Doggit
Seregon
~sciocont
The Uteen
NickTheNick
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 7:50 am

Thriving Cheese wrote:
NickTheNick wrote:
Looks good, but the tentacle thingies that protrude from the head area look stiff and straight, they need to be looser and softer.

P.S. NO one turn that into an inappropriate joke.
like this?:
Spoiler:
here's a link that's only missing the www thingey
Spoiler:
it IS transparent even if it does'nt seems so in the editor or with a one-coloured grey background.
It has 2 armatures: 1 for the whole body and 1 for the mouth-like(I guess) thingey

QUESTIONS: have the holder been made or not? And wich microbes/cells are left to do?

wow awesome
Back to top Go down
Thriving Cheese
Art Team Lead
Thriving Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:20 am

Doggit wrote:
Thriving Cheese wrote:
NickTheNick wrote:
Looks good, but the tentacle thingies that protrude from the head area look stiff and straight, they need to be looser and softer.

like this?:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
it IS transparent even if it does'nt seems so in the editor or with a one-coloured grey background.
It has 2 armatures: 1 for the whole body and 1 for the mouth-like(I guess) thingey

QUESTIONS: have the holder been made or not? And wich microbes/cells are left to do?
Thanks!

wow awesome
Back to top Go down
http://thrive-game.deviantart.com/
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:01 am

Thriving Cheese wrote:
Doggit wrote:
Thriving Cheese wrote:
NickTheNick wrote:

like this?:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Thanks!

wow awesome

But the file to download if you open it what you can see?
Back to top Go down
Thriving Cheese
Art Team Lead
Thriving Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 11:58 am

Doggit wrote:
Thriving Cheese wrote:
Doggit wrote:
Thriving Cheese wrote:
NickTheNick wrote:

like this?:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Thanks!

wow awesome

But the file to download if you open it what you can see?
EDIT: the microbe will look like this
Spoiler:
but less spucular (when you renders it the transparensy and textures(all texture are made in blender) and real specularity will appear, they're just not shown in the editor press F12 to render if you wanna see how the microbe really looks)and there will be a lot of windows but you will see the microbe in the middle widow (the reason I did'nt send any screenshot from blender is cause I does'nt have any program for doing such)
EDIT: in the upper left corner there's a button called "file" in wich you can export the file to other formats
Back to top Go down
Thriving Cheese
Art Team Lead
Thriving Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Doggit wrote:
- I need a person who knows how to play the piano well or guitar. If you play it, contact me and u can help me to make new theme for the game. -

my brother plays the piano and could maybe help you create a new theme for the game.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:25 pm

Thriving Cheese wrote:
Doggit wrote:
- I need a person who knows how to play the piano well or guitar. If you play it, contact me and u can help me to make new theme for the game. -

my brother plays the piano and could maybe help you create a new theme for the game.

If he can write notes he could screen his music and send it to doggit.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: New Microbe Themes   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Two news themes:

Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 3:01 pm

Wow, great work on those themes Doggit!

p.s. I moved your posts from the last thread to here, because that one was for models, images, and textures.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 3:26 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
Wow, great work on those themes Doggit!

p.s. I moved your posts from the last thread to here, because that one was for models, images, and textures.

Ok perfect
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:45 pm

I like the desert theme, but the first one seems a bit... mechanical, maybe? Good work though.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Doggit, now that I listen to it again, is the desert theme based off of the Civilization III theme?
Back to top Go down
Daniferrito
Experienced
Daniferrito

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:31 pm

I actually see it more similar to the age of empires intro theme. The first age of empires.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Daniferrito wrote:
I actually see it more similar to the age of empires intro theme. The first age of empires.

can u link it?
Back to top Go down
Daniferrito
Experienced
Daniferrito

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Sadly, i can't find it. Either it is hiding from me or my memories fail me. Probably the second one, i was quite young when i played that game.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:37 am

I would just like to point out that I composed those themes first, then gave them to Doggit for a little tweaking. Sorry if this feels a little bitter or anything, but I just felt that I wasn't mentioned anywhere and wasn't getting any credit for it. And I never realised the desert theme sounded so similar to any others. I'll have to go and listen to the Civ III theme now.

You can see some more themes I've composed here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1xZFxatUbjNmRaq7LHY-TLzKjbOF45-Z&feature=view_all
Back to top Go down
http://oliverlugg.com/
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:02 am

Oliveriver wrote:
I would just like to point out that I composed those themes first, then gave them to Doggit for a little tweaking. Sorry if this feels a little bitter or anything, but I just felt that I wasn't mentioned anywhere and wasn't getting any credit for it. And I never realised the desert theme sounded so similar to any others. I'll have to go and listen to the Civ III theme now.

You can see some more themes I've composed here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1xZFxatUbjNmRaq7LHY-TLzKjbOF45-Z&feature=view_all

Sorry after i add credits
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:33 pm

I know music for the microbe stage has been moved to complete, and with the amazing themes Doggit's composed I have to agree, but I would like to add one of my compositions:

The desert theme and the removal/anxiety theme are also mine, although I don't think they're as good.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:35 pm

I really enjoyed that.
Back to top Go down
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:55 am

Oliveriver wrote:
I know music for the microbe stage has been moved to complete, and with the amazing themes Doggit's composed I have to agree, but I would like to add one of my compositions:

The desert theme and the removal/anxiety theme are also mine, although I don't think they're as good.
You sir, win 10 internets.
Bravo!
Back to top Go down
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 2:45 am

Oliveriver wrote:

Great work!
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 2:56 am

Very soothing, it works perfectly in my imagined atmosphere of the finished Microbe Stage. Excellent.
Back to top Go down
DragonX511

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:40 pm

The theme is very good. I can actually picture myself playing the game listening to the music.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:10 am

I agree, I can imagine playing this stage while hearing this music, as always, great work Doggit!
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:09 am

Here's a new theme, which is probably appropriate for jungle areas more than anything else, although this label doesn't seem quite right. It's based on oriental music, so something relating to that might work.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:41 am

Wow, that's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Microbe Stage Progress Report
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next