Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Microbe Stage Progress Report

Go down 
+50
Inca
spacetime_dinosaur
MitochondriaBox
TheFellowWithTheHat
Dalroc
Silver Sterling
Mouthwash
meldebious
PortalFan1000
Tritium
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Jimexmore
Nimbal
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Naevius
Tarpy
FunnyGames
WJacobC
untrustedlife
NikolaAnicic007
CoolGuyChris
DawnTyrantEo
DragonX511
Armok: God of Blood
Oliveriver
Thriving Cheese
Jopetsu
WilliamstheJohn
Orygandian2
GmansWatching
penumbra espinosa
Holomanga
nziswat
Calfeggs
decelis93
Dilophoraptor
PandaVirus
Admantus
Daniferrito
Gawbad
Rorsten594
Raptorstorm
ido66667
Brennus
MeowMan1
Doggit
Seregon
~sciocont
The Uteen
NickTheNick
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Daniferrito
Experienced
Daniferrito

Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:09 pm

The Uteen wrote:
Doggit wrote:
while, for the menu, I think the song that has made Hong two years ago is perfect for the menu.
I agree, but we never actually got to making a proper loop of it. Still, we could always use it as it is - the number of people who wait in the menu of a game for 2 minutes and 54 seconds without playing it is probably quite low.

That person is either listening to the music, really really confused or away.

What about 2 or 3 songs that are played randomly? That way even if you go to the menu several times in a row it wont become repetitive.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Daniferrito wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
Doggit wrote:
while, for the menu, I think the song that has made Hong two years ago is perfect for the menu.
I agree, but we never actually got to making a proper loop of it. Still, we could always use it as it is - the number of people who wait in the menu of a game for 2 minutes and 54 seconds without playing it is probably quite low.

That person is either listening to the music, really really confused or away.

What about 2 or 3 songs that are played randomly? That way even if you go to the menu several times in a row it wont become repetitive.

I can work on 3-4 songs for the menu
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Yes I agree. Hong Chong's track is good for the menu and the other one for loading. It would be great if you could make some more menu themes!

-------

Also, however, don't let the other discussion die away. This is important.

Please any artists can you post here please. We need to start a discussion on the first tasks for art for Microbe Stage. I got Rorsten and Sciocont down, who else?

Also, to Sciocont and Rorsten, could you guys start making backgrounds based off of the link I posted and post your art here?

Current Artist List:
Rorsten
~sciocont

For all artists, here is the link to the sample backgrounds. Don't copy this, we didn't create it.

Really big link that was spreading the page

As sciocont said, E, F, G, and H are good candidates.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 3:27 pm

My computer cant load the link, idk why...
But You are right we still have a butt-load of stuff to do before we are finished with Microbial Phase.

To Doggit: More menu and loading themes, if you could; please try to make a different loading theme for each stage.
for example, The loading theme for microbial Phase would be totally different compared to the loading theme for Space Phase.

We are doing good everyone, lets keep that up.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:53 pm

I made a large simulated clay particle image, but it doesn't tile well at all. I'll be updating with better versions.

Last edited by ~sciocont on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Really good work so far scio! That's amazing.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 8:21 am

MeowMan1 wrote:

To Doggit: More menu and loading themes, if you could; please try to make a different loading theme for each stage.
for example, The loading theme for microbial Phase would be totally different compared to the loading theme for Space Phase.

We are doing good everyone, lets keep that up.

is what I was thinking. then load this song is good for what stage? creature? I think I'm good for the creature
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:30 am

I was thinking it'd be better for the space phase loading theme, but if you prefer creature phase, I have no problem with that.

When I said I could "draw" a background, I meant literally DRAW one.
Like with a pencil/pen, etc and paper.

Like I said in the cell stage graphics topic, I haven't drawn something good in a LONG time.

So prepare to be dissapointed.

I would do better, but My computer does not like google for reasons that I shall NEVER say....But if someone could post a few cell pictures on the forum, not as a link, ((Like how you click on the spoiler button and it appears would be good.)) that might allow me to get a good idea of what a cell looks like, for I have not seen one in a long time.

I do have my own microscope, so if someone wants to say where I might find a few microbes, I will search there, and if I find some, I will use My microscope to analyze them.

Sorry for triple posting, I will be more careful not to do that.
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Here are a few cell pictures I quickly found (first is yeast, second is blood cells):
Spoiler:

If you can't use Google, have you tried using another search engine (Bing, altavista, Startpage, etc.)?

And I think we probably wont be using drawn artwork, for various reasons (though I could be wrong), but it would still be good concept art.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:57 pm

~sciocont wrote:
I made a large simulated clay particle image, but it doesn't tile well at all. I'll be updating with better versions.

What program do you use for creating such images?
Back to top Go down
Admantus

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 3:38 pm

I saw the name of thrive mentioned on a forum, and I'm impressed that you all are trying to make a game that's basically what spore tried to be.

But I think this needs more attention. How about starting a kickstarter to raise money?
Back to top Go down
Brennus
Newcomer
Brennus

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 6:24 pm

@Admantus: a kickstarter has been thoroughly discussed, and the conclusion has been reached that a kickstarter wouldn't do much. I still think it's a good idea, however. We should give it a try sometime.

On another note, that forum you found thrive through is Speculative Evolution, right? I've seen you on there before, and found out about thrive through here.

As for the background, I think it should look more like boulders than anything else. Sand is pretty much eroded rocks, and at the microscopic level, sand would look like a whole bunch of rocks, would it not? the texture scio made is still really good, however.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 6:49 pm

Admantus wrote:
I saw the name of thrive mentioned on a forum, and I'm impressed that you all are trying to make a game that's basically what spore tried to be.

But I think this needs more attention. How about starting a kickstarter to raise money?

I appreciate your concern Admantus, but please ask your question in the appropriate thread.
Back to top Go down
Admantus

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 10:47 am

Brennus wrote:
@Admantus: a kickstarter has been thoroughly discussed, and the conclusion has been reached that a kickstarter wouldn't do much. I still think it's a good idea, however. We should give it a try sometime.

On another note, that forum you found thrive through is Speculative Evolution, right? I've seen you on there before, and found out about thrive through here.

As for the background, I think it should look more like boulders than anything else. Sand is pretty much eroded rocks, and at the microscopic level, sand would look like a whole bunch of rocks, would it not? the texture scio made is still really good, however.
What member are you on spec evo?

I found thrive through the spore forums and a couple youtube comments.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Guys, please keep this thread ON topic.
Back to top Go down
Brennus
Newcomer
Brennus

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:15 pm

No worries, and regarding your point from earlier, I agree that small fragmented grains of rock would look nice in a background.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 4:25 am

nick wanted to remind you that you should remove a theme that you put on the first page, but it covers a theme of multicellular phase.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Which one?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Okay, to keep things on this thread on track, please try to only talk about the two topics I will mention.

Firstly, art for the background and a list of artists in general. I want to know who here is an artist, and if you are one that can help out post here and I'll add you to the list. Please specify whether you are a concept artist, or if you can actually model and texture the cells for the game. For any concept artist, we are currently working on creating backgrounds for the Microbe Stage. If you want to learn about how the Microbe Stage will look, I highly recommend you read this thread.

Secondly, cells. Basically the most integral component of the Microbe Stage are the microbes themselves. Both concept artists and model artists are useful for this. If you are concept, draw out the different proposed appearances of the cells. If you are model, actually make it. I know this had been discussed before, but we need to specify for the artists what the cells look like. From what I know, there is a preset list of cells that start the game with you in the primordial soup. The list of cells I found was from a very useful thread that I also recommend you read. On this thread there is a lot of art and models already made for the Microbe Stage.

Spoiler:

-------------

To all current artists, please post any work you do here. To sciocont and rorsten, please specify which artist you are (both is an option).

Concept Artist List:
Gawbad
PandaVirus

Tasks:
Microbe Stage Background
Cell Concept Art

Model Artist List:

None

Tasks:
Cell Models

For all concept artists, here is the link to the sample backgrounds. Don't copy this, we didn't create it.

Really big link that was spreading the page

As sciocont said, E, F, G, and H are good candidates.

-------------

Last edited by NickTheNick on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:11 am

NickTheNick wrote:
Which one?

the antepenultimate
Back to top Go down
Gawbad
Newcomer
Gawbad

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:23 pm

It's not a definate but I can try and do some concepts. It all depends on what I have to do whether it's going out with my family or just doing a general choure. I'll be happy to do some of the many microbes you have choosen. The next post you'll see from me will most likley be my concepts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gawbad
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:24 pm

Thank you very much, that is great to hear. I'm adding you to the concept artist list, if I understood you correctly.
Back to top Go down
Gawbad
Newcomer
Gawbad

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:26 pm

I'll consider doing these concepts during my free time which is often the case with me considering im on my holidays.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gawbad
PandaVirus
Newcomer
PandaVirus

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:09 am

You can add me to the concept artist list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Microbe Stage Progress Report
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next