Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Development troubleshooting

Go down 
+6
benjamin71113
utikawa
HariboTer
Nimbal
SuperLala
Seregon
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:24 pm

Building install doesn't resolve the issue, i can just copy the dlls manually now i know where they are, unless you'd like to debug my problem for future devs

EDIT: It is working, i was just using the exe put at root, the exe in dist/bin works fine and has the dlls

Last edited by crovea on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nimbal
Programming Team lead

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:26 pm

In case it wasn't clear, you'll need to manually go into the mentioned "dist" subdirectory and start the application. I don't know of a way to comfortably do this from inside Code::Blocks.
Back to top Go down
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Yep, got it running! it crashes right after it fullscreens though, is that related to your syntax error?

EDIT: Didn't crash on second run. I think i read about this bug somewhere on the forums
Back to top Go down
Nimbal
Programming Team lead

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Yeah, I remember someone having similar problems that disappeared the second time around. Worked fine for me a couple of hours ago in the first run. Really weird.
Back to top Go down
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Yep. Anyway thanks for all the help again! i learned a lot and i'll make sure to try and help others asking for help in here if i can!

I'll check in at all the other threads and see if i can't start tinkering a bit to get myself familiar with everything!
Back to top Go down
Nimbal
Programming Team lead

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:45 pm

You're welcome. By the way, in the "doc" subdirectory you can find some files (those ending in "dox") that contain a bit of information about how the engine is clobbered together. You could use doxygen to generate a nice HTML version (see the FAQ for some hints) or just read the raw markup, which isn't too hideous.

If those texts are unclear anywhere, let me know and I'll fill them in where possible.
Back to top Go down
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:53 pm

Yeah i built doxygen yesterday already I wonder if it got everything tho, since i didn't have things working then!

Regarding unclear things, which forum would you like me to use? or do you have an irc or alike that you prefer?
Back to top Go down
Nimbal
Programming Team lead

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:08 am

crovea wrote:
Regarding unclear things, which forum would you like me to use? or do you have an irc or alike that you prefer?
I think the best option is to create a ticket over at GitHub, that's not as prone to being burried as a forum post. Our usual IRC is posted in this thread, although it's usually not very active. I'll try and be more present in there for any questions / coordination.
Back to top Go down
HariboTer
Developer
HariboTer

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi,
trying to set up my local development environment for Thrive, I have been following the readme file for a few hours now and after resolving errors on cloning / updating the submodules (had to give admin rights to git) and running the script (which was one of the few things that didn't cause errors), I am stuck getting CMake to do what it should do. I am sure that I configured it as correct as possible so far, however, CMake doesn't find something called PkgConfig, is unable to find the requested Boost libraries or header files, can't find Bullet and has trouble with a not-contained CMakeLists.txt file. As a complete novice in all of these things, I would appreciate any help to get it working!

Full error from the tiny CMake console:

If it is of importance, my OS is Windows 7 Home Premium

(btw, crovea has already been helping me out a lot via Skype, but in this case he doesn't know a solution too)

Last edited by HariboTer on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 4:23 pm

I'm also having the same errors as HariboTer on my laptop (i had other errors that were resolved on my desktop pc).

I'll add that both him and me are running windows 7.
Back to top Go down
Nimbal
Programming Team lead

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 4:57 pm

Code:

Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing:  PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
That line is normal, don't worry about it.

Code:

Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.
That one is not. Sounds like something went wrong with the setup script and screwed up the boost installation. Can you check whether the directory C:/MinGW/install/include/boost exists and contains a whole bunch of stuff? Also see if you can find files named "libboost_XYZ-mt.dll" inside C:/MinGW/install/lib.

Can you paste the output of the setup script to Pastebin? You can use the Powershell ISE (which should already be installed on Windows 7) to get a console that remembers more than 20 lines.

Code:

The source directory

C:/Filestuff/C++/Thrive/contrib/googletest

does not contain a CMakeLists.txt file.
This looks like something went wrong with the submodules (I'm seriously considering removing them and just copying the files into our repository). Is there anything inside the directory it mentions? Maybe try initializing and updating the googletest submodule once more.

Code:

Could NOT find Bullet (missing: BULLET_DYNAMICS_LIBRARY
  BULLET_COLLISION_LIBRARY BULLET_MATH_LIBRARY BULLET_SOFTBODY_LIBRARY)
More errors that suggest that the setup script had trouble, but it's probably a follow-up error of the missing boost libraries, causing errors when building bullet.
Back to top Go down
HariboTer
Developer
HariboTer

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Nimbal wrote:

Can you check whether the directory C:/MinGW/install/include/boost exists and contains a whole bunch of stuff? Also see if you can find files named "libboost_XYZ-mt.dll" inside C:/MinGW/install/lib.
Both the lot of stuff as well as all the libboost_bla-mt.dll files exist in the described locations.
Nimbal wrote:

Can you paste the output of the setup script to Pastebin? You can use the Powershell ISE (which should already be installed on Windows 7) to get a console that remembers more than 20 lines.
Is that available somewhere after closing Powershell or do I have to let the script run again to get its output "back"?

Nimbal wrote:
Is there anything inside the directory it mentions? Maybe try initializing and updating the googletest submodule once more.
I tried updating the submodules for two more times, but the googletest directory remains empty.
Back to top Go down
Nimbal
Programming Team lead

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 3:37 am

HariboTer wrote:

Both the lot of stuff as well as all the libboost_bla-mt.dll files exist in the described locations.
Interesting. I didn't expect that (queue X-Files music). Alright, more diagnostic. Open up the CMake GUI and check the box saying "Show advanced variables" (or similar). In the table below that, there should be quite a few entries beginning with "Boost_". I'm particularly interested in the values for "Boost_INCLUDE_DIR", "Boost_LIBRARY_DIRS" and "Boost_SYSTEM_LIBRARY".

Now, delete everything in your build directory, then go through the steps with CMake again. Is it the same result?

HariboTer wrote:

Is that available somewhere after closing Powershell or do I have to let the script run again to get its output "back"?
Unfortunately, you'll have to run it again (in the ISE, not with the normal DOS window that only saves that last 50 lines or so). Note to self: Figure out how to add logging to the PowerShell scripts.

HariboTer wrote:

I tried updating the submodules for two more times, but the googletest directory remains empty.
Without an error message, I really can't help you there. I only use TortoiseGit (I assume that's what you're using) occasionally, so I'm not sure what may have gone wrong. All I can say is that the submodule hasn't been cloned properly. As a last resort, try cloning the whole project again in a fresh directory.
Back to top Go down
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 4:19 am

I will add, that i tried resolving (the same error as above) by copying the entire mingw folder (where the script put all the stuff) to my laptop and running cmake with the copied folders toolchain, which didn't help, so i assume that rules out the PS script.
Back to top Go down
Nimbal
Programming Team lead

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 4:26 am

Did you copy it to the exact same path? If not, you would also need to update the toolchain file. It might also be an issue with user permissions.

And just to clarify, you tried running the setup script on the laptop and got the errors HariboTer is describing. Then you copied the working mingw environment from your desktop over to the laptop and got the exact same error? Did you check that with a fresh, empty build directory?
Back to top Go down
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 7:18 am

My case in name of the folder might have been different, i can try again, although i imagine it would give different errors if that was the issue.

Nimbal wrote:
And just to clarify, you tried running the setup script on the laptop and got the errors HariboTer is describing. Then you copied the working mingw environment from your desktop over to the laptop and got the exact same error? Did you check that with a fresh, empty build directory?
Yep, and i just tried again: I re-copied MinGW script output folder with the exact same path as my desktop (C:\MinGW), i deleted cmakes cache and deleted everything in the build directory.

My Cmake output is:
Code:
The C compiler identification is GNU 4.7.3
The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.7.3
Check for working C compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe
Check for working C compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe -- works
Detecting C compiler ABI info
Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
Check for working CXX compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/g++.exe
Check for working CXX compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/g++.exe -- works
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
Looking for OGRE...
OGRE_PREFIX_WATCH changed.
Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing:  PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
Found Ogre Byatis (1.8.1)
Found OGRE: optimized;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/release/libOgreMain.dll.a;debug;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/debug/libOgreMain_d.dll.a
Looking for OGRE_Paging...
Found OGRE_Paging: optimized;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/release/libOgrePaging.dll.a;debug;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/debug/libOgrePaging_d.dll.a
Looking for OGRE_Terrain...
Found OGRE_Terrain: optimized;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/release/libOgreTerrain.dll.a;debug;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/debug/libOgreTerrain_d.dll.a
Looking for OGRE_Property...
Found OGRE_Property: optimized;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/release/libOgreProperty.dll.a;debug;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/debug/libOgreProperty_d.dll.a
Looking for OGRE_RTShaderSystem...
Found OGRE_RTShaderSystem: optimized;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/release/libOgreRTShaderSystem.dll.a;debug;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/debug/libOgreRTShaderSystem_d.dll.a
OIS_PREFIX_PATH changed.
Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing:  PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
CMake Error at cmake_modules/FindBoost.cmake:1192 (message):
 Â Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

Â Unable to find the Boost header files.  Please set BOOST_ROOT to the root
 Â directory containing Boost or BOOST_INCLUDEDIR to the directory containing
 Â Boost's headers.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
 Â CMakeLists.txt:88 (find_package)

Found PythonInterp: D:/Python33/python.exe (found version "3.3.2")
Looking for include file pthread.h
Looking for include file pthread.h - found
Looking for pthread_create
Looking for pthread_create - not found
Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
Looking for pthread_create in pthread
Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
Found Threads: TRUE  
CMake Error at D:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:108 (message):
 Â Could NOT find Bullet (missing: BULLET_DYNAMICS_LIBRARY
 Â BULLET_COLLISION_LIBRARY BULLET_MATH_LIBRARY BULLET_SOFTBODY_LIBRARY)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
 Â D:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:315 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
 Â cmake_modules/FindBullet.cmake:70 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
 Â CMakeLists.txt:107 (find_package)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/Users/jacob/Documents/GIT/Thrive/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "C:/Users/jacob/Documents/GIT/Thrive/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
I guess it's not the exact same error, but quite close. I also tried re-running cmake on my desktop to a new build directory (just to make sure it was still working) and it did work.

On an unrelated note, a linux "guru" friend of mine managed to build thrives yesterday (help from me made up for the lack of a readme, submodules etc) Althought he had a minor problems. The libraries in the build/dist/bin/plugins folder, the 6 .a files in there were missing a trailing '_d' that he had to add manually (make was complaining that they didn't exist). Just a minor issue you might want to look at or write to the readme.
He managed to build and run it just fine though! (His collision grids around objects, in-game, were way fancier than mine, different version of bullet/ogre perhaps?)
My linux guru friend is here now, so if you're quick to reply he can give you more details.

EDIT: Got more details of the linux error.
Back to top Go down
HariboTer
Developer
HariboTer

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 7:47 am

Nimbal wrote:

Open up the CMake GUI and check the box saying "Show advanced variables" (or similar). In the table below that, there should be quite a few entries beginning with "Boost_". I'm particularly interested in the values for "Boost_INCLUDE_DIR", "Boost_LIBRARY_DIRS" and "Boost_SYSTEM_LIBRARY".
For the first one the value is "Boost_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND", for the other two I can't find exactly those value mappings, only "Boost_DIR" ("Boost_DIR-NOTFOUND") and Boost_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_[DEBUG / RELEASE] ("Boost_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND" / "Boost_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_RELEASE-NOTFOUND").

Nimbal wrote:
HariboTer wrote:

Without an error message, I really can't help you there. I only use TortoiseGit (I assume that's what you're using) occasionally, so I'm not sure what may have gone wrong. All I can say is that the submodule hasn't been cloned properly. As a last resort, try cloning the whole project again in a fresh directory.
I'm sorry to disrupt the order, but I just ran the submodule update again and it finally generated something. As I didn't do anything inbetween other than turning my PC off yesterday and booting it today, I have no single clue why it might have worked now xD Running CMake again gives me similar (if not the same) error results though.

CMake output:

Nimbal wrote:

Now, delete everything in your build directory, then go through the steps with CMake again. Is it the same result?
Yes.

Nimbal wrote:
Unfortunately, you'll have to run it again (in the ISE, not with the normal DOS window that only saves that last 50 lines or so). Note to self: Figure out how to add logging to the PowerShell scripts.
Ok, after running in with the ISE and being informed by Pasebin that the paste exceeds the limit of 500 KB, seeing that a spoiler makes this post too long, not being able to attach it as txt-file - here is a mediafire link http://www.mediafire.com/view/hbvg1vttpe3wysw/script_output.txt ^^
Back to top Go down
Nimbal
Programming Team lead

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:02 am

crovea wrote:

I re-copied MinGW script output folder with the exact same path as my desktop (C:\MinGW), i deleted cmakes cache and deleted everything in the build directory.
Thanks for testing that. I'm honestly a little stumped here, I hope I can reproduce this somehow when I'm back home. By the way, which CMake versions are you using (both Desktop and Laptop)?

crovea wrote:

The libraries generated doing a step, im not sure which one, was missing a trailing '_d' that he had to add manually
Those were probably the Ogre libraries. I'm a little surprised that simply renaming them worked. The "_d" suffix indicates that they are debug libraries. The "proper" solution would have been to recompile Ogre as a debug build, or compile Thrive as a release build.

HariboTer wrote:

I just ran the submodule update again and it finally generated something
Hm, maybe the remote git repository was unreachable earlier (although unlikely, GitHub is pretty reliable). Anyway, do you still see the error about the missing CMakeLists.txt in the googletest directory? The other errors are unrelated to the missing submodule, but that one should definitely be gone now.

HariboTer wrote:

here is a mediafire link
Thanks. Nothing overly suspicious in there, apart from an error message about OpenCL missing. Doesn't look serious, but I'll check whether I get this too.

In the meantime, you could try and add a new entry to the CMake configuration. Name it "Boost_ROOT", make it a string value and set it to "C:/MinGW/install".
Back to top Go down
HariboTer
Developer
HariboTer

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:11 am

Nimbal wrote:
Anyway, do you still see the error about the missing CMakeLists.txt in the googletest directory? The other errors are unrelated to the missing submodule, but that one should definitely be gone now.
As far as I can tell, I can not find that error any more.

Nimbal wrote:
In the meantime, you could try and add a new entry to the CMake configuration. Name it "Boost_ROOT", make it a string value and set it to "C:/MinGW/install".
Configuring with that produced the following
error log:

and after "fixing" the spelling:
error log nr. 2:
Back to top Go down
Nimbal
Programming Team lead

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:16 am

They check for capitalization? Oh well, seems to work. Alright, do the same for BULLET_ROOT now, same path.
Back to top Go down
HariboTer
Developer
HariboTer

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:18 am

Code:
Looking for OGRE...
Found Ogre Byatis (1.8.1)
Found OGRE: optimized;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/release/libOgreMain.dll.a;debug;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/debug/libOgreMain_d.dll.a
Looking for OGRE_Paging...
Found OGRE_Paging: optimized;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/release/libOgrePaging.dll.a;debug;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/debug/libOgrePaging_d.dll.a
Looking for OGRE_Terrain...
Found OGRE_Terrain: optimized;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/release/libOgreTerrain.dll.a;debug;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/debug/libOgreTerrain_d.dll.a
Looking for OGRE_Property...
Found OGRE_Property: optimized;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/release/libOgreProperty.dll.a;debug;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/debug/libOgreProperty_d.dll.a
Looking for OGRE_RTShaderSystem...
Found OGRE_RTShaderSystem: optimized;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/release/libOgreRTShaderSystem.dll.a;debug;C:/MinGW/OgreSDK/lib/debug/libOgreRTShaderSystem_d.dll.a
Could NOT find PythonInterp (missing:  PYTHON_EXECUTABLE)
Could NOT find Doxygen (missing:  DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)
Configuring done
Seems to have worked
Now back to the next step in the readme^^
Back to top Go down
Nimbal
Programming Team lead

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:19 am

Great to hear! I'll add those two to the toolchain file so future vict... err... contributors won't face the same problem.
Back to top Go down
HariboTer
Developer
HariboTer

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:30 am

Alright, generatic from CMake worked, opening and building the project with Code::Blocks worked too (0 errors, 1 warning). Running Thrive.exe didn't
"The application can not be started, because libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll is missing on the computer. Install the program again to fix the problem" (loosely translated from german^^)
What now?
Back to top Go down
Nimbal
Programming Team lead

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:36 am

In the dropdown near the build button, select the "install" target and build it. Then navigate to the directory "your_build_dir/dist/bin" and start Thrive from there.

Explanation: Starting Thrive from within Code::Blocks runs the executable inside the build directory. Unfortunately, the files that the application needs to run (scripts, textures, models and libraries) must be in very specific paths relative to the executable. The DLLs, for example, must be in the same directory as the executable. The "install" target creates the expected directory structure and copies all required files to the right place. It also rebuilds the executable if you changed some source code, so you can leave the build target at "install".

After some research just now, I may have gotten an idea how to make this a bit easier. No promises, though.

Edit: Slightly better explanation.

Last edited by Nimbal on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:40 am

Good to hear things are working with cmake now, ill see if it worked for me aswell in a few hours, busy atm.

HariboTer run the exe inside dist/bin instead of the one at root in build. Also i recommend you use the install build target (perhaps nimbal clarify the build targets and their purpose)

EDIT: I see nimbal commented the same as me. Question: Can we run a different target that doesn't re-copy all the stuff?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Development troubleshooting   Development troubleshooting - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Development troubleshooting
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next