Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Podcast Organization Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Podcast Organization Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Podcast Organization Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Podcast Organization Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Podcast Organization Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Podcast Organization Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Podcast Organization Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Podcast Organization Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Podcast Organization Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Podcast Organization Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Podcast Organization Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Podcast Organization Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Podcast Organization Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Podcast Organization Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Podcast Organization Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Podcast Organization Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Podcast Organization Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Podcast Organization Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Podcast Organization Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Podcast Organization Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Podcast Organization

Go down 
+9
crovea
NickTheNick
PortalFan1000
Inca
Nimbal
Oliveriver
WilliamstheJohn
~sciocont
WJacobC
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

Podcast Organization Empty
PostSubject: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Okay everyone, the first Thrive Podcast was a big success. Our fan's responses have been overwhelmingly positive and it seemed to bolster everyone's spirits.

Now the time has come to start planning the next podcast (and the next, and the next, etc.). Submit any ideas/suggestions for the podcast here and tell us if you wish to participate.

Episode 2:

Topics:
- Cell Editor Concept (~sciocont)
- Handling RpAse (this'll be interesting to explain)
- New music (Oliveriver)
- The alpha map agent system
- Reddit Q/A (Everyone)
- Website updates (WJacobC)
- Seregon's prototype
- FP Current Concept
- New Version 0.2.0
- Microbe GDD
- Concept Animation (Oliveriver)

Proposals
- YouTube livestream? Maybe?
- Post to YouTube and ModDB (more on this later)

So that's all I have for now. I think the time is right for the next episode, but I couldn't think of other topics at the moment. Tell me what you think and I'll update the OP.

Last edited by WJacobC on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://WJacobC.com
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:42 pm

We still need to iron out the Alpha map agent system. I believe Nimbal or Dani was working on some fluid dynamics concepts which would determine how that would work.
Back to top Go down
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 4:52 am

I think thats good list of stuff for podcast 2, and my suggestion is info about curent FP concepts.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:37 am

Doggit's said he'll upload the current podcast to Youtube as soon as he gets some free time, so posting to Youtube isn't a problem.

For the next podcast, I'd really like to participate in the actual recording, unlike last time when confusion over time zones meant I had to pre-record my part.
Back to top Go down
http://oliverlugg.com/
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:49 pm

WilliamstheJohn wrote:
my suggestion is info about current FP concepts.
That sounds good. I'll add it to the OP.

Oliveriver wrote:
Doggit's said he'll upload the current podcast to Youtube as soon as he gets some free time, so posting to Youtube isn't a problem.

For the next podcast, I'd really like to participate in the actual recording, unlike last time when confusion over time zones meant I had to pre-record my part.
Ok, that's great. I still think we need a name that isn't Ita. Did you talk to him about that? We could make a new one using the new thrive email managed by You, ~scio, Doggit and I.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:56 pm

The difficulty with that is that most of the videos for Thrive are on Doggit's channel already, so to completely change the channel would mean a huge overhaul, possibly uploading everything again. Either that or we change the Email used for the ThriveGameIta account and change its name, which to me sounds like a better option.
Back to top Go down
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:59 pm

I talked about this to Doggit while back and we found that you cannot change a YouTube channel name. (Right, doggit?)

If thats true, my opinion is that we just rip the bandaid off now. Better to do that now than a year from now when we have a fully released microbe stage, or even further down the road.
Back to top Go down
Nimbal
Programming Team lead

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 2:05 pm

~sciocont wrote:
We still need to iron out the Alpha map agent system.

I've written a short update on where I stand with this over in the "Implementing Compound and Agent Clouds" thread.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Thanks Nimbal.
Yes, I think it is tome to make an official Thrive youtube page. Doggit's done a wonderful job with his, and I want him to continue to bring as much content out as possible, but for the sake of simplicity, a new channel with only the official updates/podcasts/releases would be appropriate.
Back to top Go down
WilliamstheJohn
Regular
WilliamstheJohn

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:29 am

I agree.
If we want to do that so much, we could discuss ''Changing our official channel'' in podcast.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:27 pm

WJacobC wrote:
I talked about this to Doggit while back and we found that you cannot change a YouTube channel name. (Right, doggit?)

If thats true, my opinion is that we just rip the bandaid off now. Better to do that now than a year from now when we have a fully released microbe stage, or even further down the road.

From fiddling around with my own channel a little, I've found that it is possible for me to change my channel name and address, but considering that Doggit's already changed his channel name to ThriveGameIta, he can't go back.

In that case, I'm in favour of creating an entirely new channel, although I would like to ask what content would be uploaded to it. Will we add all the videos already on ThriveGameIta to the new channel (my vote for the channel name is Revolutionary Games), whether all at first or over time? To have uploaded so much to the original channel but have it left there with no updates would, in my opinion, be a bad idea. We could possibly keep ThriveGameIta as a channel specifically for music, although that would be defeating half the point. Currently the process by which my themes are uploaded to ThriveGameIta is an overly complex one - I upload it to my channel, then Doggit copies it to his, which can sometimes take a while if he's busy. With a new channel, I could upload directly to it (although I'd have to come up with some other way of Doggit scrutinising my themes and judging their suitability for the game).

Furthermore, directing all ThriveGameIta's current subscribers to the new channel would be a bit of a hassle, though I suppose not too much of a problem. Just upload a video to ThriveGameIta announcing the new channel (I'll of course do the same with mine), and we could get everyone subscribed who was originally subscribed, give or take a few.

My final point is just to add that we should probably be a little more professional with a new channel, whatever we do with it. Doggit's done a brilliant job with ThriveGameIta, though the naming of some of the themes is a little inconsistent, and they aren't categorised into playlists.
Back to top Go down
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:06 pm

The new youtube channel should definitely be called Revolutionary Games, to tie in with the website. I think most subscribers would move over, its not to hard and I've seen it work (like roosterteeth moving lets plays to their new channel, everyone simply, happily followed over.

To sample the music before an official release on the channel, it could be uploaded to soundcloud first, where doggit could view it, and work with it if neccessary, download it and upload it to the youtube channel.

The channel move should be discussed in the podcast along with everything else mentioned.

Could someone link me to the first podcast and how often do we release them. We should try to maintain a schedule. Perhaps biweekly or monthly, at this stage.
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/inca_uk
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:28 pm

We currently don't have a set schedule but I think either biweekly or monthly should be good. The podcast is on iTunes, just search it under "The Thrive Podcast".
Back to top Go down
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:35 pm

Just gave it a listen, well done guys, that was really good.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 6:26 am

So what's the verdict on creating a new Youtube channel? It might be worthwhile to make a new thread to discuss it further without detracting from discussion about the podcast.
Back to top Go down
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 10:56 am

Yeah truth. I'll make one.
Back to top Go down
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:32 pm

Alright everyone, along with working on the website I've decided its definitely time for a new podcast episode seeing as its been three months since the first one. In earnest, I want some of the leaders to pick a topic in their field and make a quick script for it. (Suggestions are in the OP.)
It would be great to have more participants, so if you can come hang out with us and record that'd be great, especially people like Untrustedlife, Doggit, and Nimbal just to name a few.

I'm thinking this Saturday, the 31st or this Sunday the 1st for recording, seeing as it's labor day weekend in the US. If any of you have questions, suggestions for us to talk about or questions for the Q/A, let me know.

EDIT: I've updated the OP with more possible topics that go along with recent developments.

Last edited by WJacobC on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:34 pm

I'll handle the cell editor, unless Nimbal would rather do it.
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:47 pm

How exactly would do we participate in the podcast? Unless it's only for the major members. Do we need Skype?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 12:30 am

It is for major members.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 4:55 am

I'll talk about music and the concept animation if everyone's okay with that. Providing the timing isn't ridiculous for me, I should be able to make it on either Saturday or Sunday, although just in case I'll probably prerecord my part anyway.
Back to top Go down
WJacobC
Outreach Team Lead
WJacobC

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 4:25 pm

Sounds good so far everybody. I've updated the OP with specific roles.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 12:35 pm

I don't know which was longer: the wait for the previous podcast, or the wait for this one. :) 

By the way, you'll see I've added a customised image as the thumbnail. I've also done this to the first podcast and the preview video, although those will take a while to update. Hopefully this will keep a sense of consistency between videos.

EDIT: And I think we have a problem with the podcast on iTunes. Unless I'm mistaken, Episode 2 has completely replaced Episode 1. I really hope I'm mistaken.
Back to top Go down
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Very nice with the podcast! If i might ask, when was it recorded?
Back to top Go down
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Learner
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 4:33 pm

Very good.

I like it. .3.
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Xeno_Corporation/index/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Podcast Organization   Podcast Organization Empty

Back to top Go down

Podcast Organization
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next