Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
hunting and  fighting Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
hunting and  fighting Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
hunting and  fighting Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
hunting and  fighting Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
hunting and  fighting Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
hunting and  fighting Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
hunting and  fighting Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
hunting and  fighting Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
hunting and  fighting Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
hunting and  fighting Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
hunting and  fighting Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
hunting and  fighting Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
hunting and  fighting Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
hunting and  fighting Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
hunting and  fighting Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
hunting and  fighting Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
hunting and  fighting Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
hunting and  fighting Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
hunting and  fighting Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
hunting and  fighting Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

hunting and fighting

Go down 
+3
YourBreakfast
~sciocont
mike roberts
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mike roberts
Learner

hunting and  fighting Empty
PostSubject: hunting and fighting   hunting and  fighting EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 4:26 pm

how r u going to show combat in like organism stage because combat in spore was a joke and this game is going to be realistic so i hope in combat u put in account for armor plated enemy's ones with spikes enemy's with many limbs and a whole lot of other things that would change fighting let me hear ur thought bout this ok
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: hunting and fighting   hunting and  fighting EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:08 pm

THIS is the topic I was going to make. Thank you. I was working on a concept for this a while ago, I'll post it soon.
As a side note, if at all possible, please use a little punctuation. I know English may not be your first language, so it's ok.
Back to top Go down
YourBreakfast
Learner
YourBreakfast

PostSubject: Re: hunting and fighting   hunting and  fighting EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:55 pm

I've proposed a combat scheme in my controls method, found in 'Controls' (<= lol)
It's basically similar to The Sims in the sense that you click on an organism, click 'Combat' then a range of combat attacks are listed. I'd imagine they'd be linked to the attacking parts of your body. You'd also highlight the parts of the victim for you to attack.

If you want to do quick attacks (eg. bite, claw) you can manually do this bu using hotkeys.

I'm very tired ATM so tomorrow I'll post more info.
Back to top Go down
roadkillguy
Experienced
roadkillguy

PostSubject: Re: hunting and fighting   hunting and  fighting EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:09 pm

mike roberts wrote:
how r u going to show combat in like organism stage because combat in spore was a joke and this game is going to be realistic so i hope in combat u put in account for armor plated enemy's ones with spikes enemy's with many limbs and a whole lot of other things that would change fighting let me hear ur thought bout this ok

You can't be for real...

But if you are, here's my suggestion.

I would think to do fighting the same way I think we should do simple movements and actions. Basically, each limb has a target. The target can be to push against something, drag something, or just simply to move. With each target, there comes some additional data such as desired velocity, direction, or something else.

Thus, a strike would have an appendage move with high velocity towards the other animal.

A bite would have a fast movement with the mouth towards the other animal.

A walking action would consist of pushing at the ground in a forward direction.

I think it would be fairly simple
Back to top Go down
mike roberts
Learner

PostSubject: Re: hunting and fighting   hunting and  fighting EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:47 pm

i don't know much bout programing I'm 15 just giving ideas or suggestions and from a person who pretty much went crazy for spore as a scientific game and was let down just saying what would be nice to add. your welcome sciocont just saying what would make this game epic and i just wanted to start a thread to talk about it ok but i do feel that if my creature has whole bunch of armor it should make that creature hard to kill that would definite make tha game realistic combat wise
Back to top Go down
roadkillguy
Experienced
roadkillguy

PostSubject: Re: hunting and fighting   hunting and  fighting EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:04 pm

Doesn't your profile say you're 14?

mike roberts wrote:

Hooray!
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: hunting and fighting   hunting and  fighting EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:56 pm

mike roberts wrote:
i don't know much bout programing I'm 15 just giving ideas or suggestions and from a person who pretty much went crazy for spore as a scientific game and was let down just saying what would be nice to add. your welcome sciocont just saying what would make this game epic and i just wanted to start a thread to talk about it ok but i do feel that if my creature has whole bunch of armor it should make that creature hard to kill that would definite make tha game realistic combat wise
Take time to read the Organism editor current concept thread. It will tell you all you need to know. we will be handling everything in a realistic way.
Back to top Go down
gvd72
Newcomer
gvd72

PostSubject: Re: hunting and fighting   hunting and  fighting EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:11 pm

mike roberts wrote:

Maybe it could be like other games while instead of the Spore attack system, you push a button and it does the attack. There are many buttons on a keyboard, so each key could do a certain ability. From moving to complicated attacks. Also like other games it shouldn't be were one person hits, then the next. It should be like every other game (attack wise at least) were two things could hit at once. Just an idea
Back to top Go down
Daniferrito
Experienced
Daniferrito

PostSubject: Re: hunting and fighting   hunting and  fighting EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:09 am

gvd72 wrote:
Maybe it could be like other games while instead of the Spore attack system, you push a button and it does the attack. There are many buttons on a keyboard, so each key could do a certain ability. From moving to complicated attacks. Also like other games it shouldn't be were one person hits, then the next. It should be like every other game (attack wise at least) were two things could hit at once. Just an idea

Taking into acount that creatures can can have a very wide variety of parts, having hotkeys for them would be hard. Even more, there are multiple ways of moving parts. Think of boxing, complete movement from two parts would alredy fill the whole keyboard.

My vote is for a more simplistic aproach, where the game decides the way to atack for you.
Back to top Go down
M3rox
Newcomer
M3rox

PostSubject: Re: hunting and fighting   hunting and  fighting EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:33 pm

What about being able to "create" your own attacks with your own animations and hotkeys in the OE?
Just an idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hunting and fighting   hunting and  fighting Empty

Back to top Go down

hunting and fighting
Page 1 of 1