Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
helo fellas..... Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
helo fellas..... Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
helo fellas..... Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
helo fellas..... Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
helo fellas..... Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
helo fellas..... Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
helo fellas..... Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
helo fellas..... Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
helo fellas..... Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
helo fellas..... Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
helo fellas..... Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
helo fellas..... Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
helo fellas..... Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
helo fellas..... Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
helo fellas..... Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
helo fellas..... Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
helo fellas..... Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
helo fellas..... Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
helo fellas..... Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
helo fellas..... Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

helo fellas.....

Go down 
+6
Invader
YourBreakfast
Commander Keen
~sciocont
DragonEye4
penumbra espinosa
10 posters
AuthorMessage
penumbra espinosa
Learner

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:30 pm

hi everybody. im penumbra espinosa......old member of the project. wow have passed a long time until i found the new forum.

hope to keep contact with the project.

im working im my own project too. its an mmorpg, i have a little staff but we are making first steps. anyways, must focus on this one too.

glad to found you people..
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:27 pm

Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:48 pm

Hey, welcome back. it's rerally great to have you here.
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:12 am

Welcome back!

I don't want to flame or anything, but MMORPG? Seems like a quite big deal for me.
Back to top Go down
penumbra espinosa
Learner

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:17 pm

what happen?, i have an staff who really wants it, and have programmers. so im not lost. maybe i just started. but well see on a couple of mounts how its going the project. in fact. i have a marketing person. so the game could be commercial.........but it will be a F2P.......with item bank....or at least it would be.

anyways.
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 3:51 pm

penumbra espinosa wrote:
what happen?, i have an staff who really wants it, and have programmers. so im not lost. maybe i just started. but well see on a couple of mounts how its going the project. in fact. i have a marketing person. so the game could be commercial.........but it will be a F2P.......with item bank....or at least it would be.

anyways.

If you trust yourself, then all's fine, continue. I don't want to discourage you. You will find the truth the hard way... Like me.
Back to top Go down
YourBreakfast
Learner
YourBreakfast

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:09 pm

penumbra espinosa wrote:
hi everybody. im penumbra espinosa......old member of the project. wow have passed a long time until i found the new forum.

hope to keep contact with the project.

im working im my own project too. its an mmorpg, i have a little staff but we are making first steps. anyways, must focus on this one too.

glad to found you people..

Welcome back! Yo're french IIRC??
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:03 pm

penumbra espinosa wrote:

anyways.
Not to discourage you, but making an mmorpg = impossible without funding.
Back to top Go down
penumbra espinosa
Learner

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:08 pm

always the problem of the money. we arent going to make a masterpiece on graphics and that. just a cheap and funny game.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:50 pm

Welcome back, comrade! Glad to see the old faces returning.

Good luck on your MMO, by the way. If you say it's going to be F2P and have an item bank-type thing, look to Battlefield: Heroes. It's a military MMO (not MMORPG) and it's almost exactly like what you're describing. Just RPG-ify that concept and you've got your game.
Back to top Go down
penumbra espinosa
Learner

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:35 pm

anyways, if someone is interested, this is the link http://mar16cris.foros-gratuitos.com/forum.htm

you need to register if you want to participate, and unfortunately the forum in in spanish, so it could be difficult. anyways, i cant traduce thhings and also theres traductors on the browsers so dont need to be so hard to understand.
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:04 am

Welcome back, penumbra!
Back to top Go down
GamerXA
Regular
GamerXA

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 3:51 am

Welcome back, I think I remember you from the Sporum Topic.
Back to top Go down
eumesmo
Regular
eumesmo

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:20 am

welcome to the new forums
Back to top Go down
penumbra espinosa
Learner

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:49 pm

well, so since there's not an off topic forum here, i'll post my project in this little thread

B] the direction of the forum is at the bottom of the post [/ b]

[B] The CEA PROJECT [/ b]

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------

[Font = Arial] features: [/ font]

staff members (so far): 25 members, including the leader.

Project start date: the idea has been in mi mind for years but the project and the collecting of members began in September.

Platform: PC Windows, im thinking it would for MAC and LINUX also.

genre: MMORPG, retrofuturistic type. to break the classic games Tolkien or Star Wars style

Language: Spanish for now thinking on english

Project status: conceptualization. there is not even an alpha of the game. just beginning. but we already have a few concept art

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

historical background:

Cea's world is undergoing a period of great change. the entry of civilization to a new era of innovation and the industrial era have led to new discoveries. the known world isnt excluded to a single supercontinent. but two, missing many lands and islands yet to be discovered. But just as the new land pose challenges and wonders. the old world has begun to uncover its secrets. New empires have formed. with advances in steam technology. and others through the magic so poorly understood. some of these giving rise to races incredibly ephemeral. who have made the planet Cea a world inhabited by different types of intelligent beings, each with their stories and special features. but the world is about to unravel an ancient secret. with new explorers and archaeologists. the history of primitive civilization, a threat out of this world, and the chaos caused by a titanic battle that would end with the rebirth of civilization and life around the world.

theme of the game:

the world:

Cea's world is a world that will expand as they ride the global history. ie that when the history is discovered a new island or continent, this will be added to the game to be explored by players. each new place will come with their own mobs, bosses and wonders. for the moment, the only explorable world raised in that land. once the project is released, will go to raise the idea of an expansion into the underwater world, once it has reached the age of submarines. and so when we reach the age of the aircraft. following the historical sense of the game.

races:

races are currently in the process of revision, since most of them, the plot style is fantastic. undeads, humans, orcs, two types of elves, dwarves, gnomes, goblins, trolls and other ......... and yeah we seek a game that is more original. personally it would also be great to include not only new races. but also to remember the old classics. for players who have nostalgia for traditional breeds.

currently we have 13 races conceptualized and other more in test:

1. humans who never fail to be representative of analogies to Western Europe and Asia.
2Y3. Alphen like the elves, which are divided into two classes, Shadari Arab or Egyptian style. Xeneca and style of pre-Hispanic cultures
4y5. orgrum that divide the two races. some are like ogres, and represent a barbaric and nomadic race. while others like the orcs, live more sedentary and civilized. perhaps the style of the Huns or the Mongols.
6y7. Thrags that divide the two races in a style of dwarves and other gnome style and reminding the kingdoms of Eastern Europe.
8 and 9. a special breed descended from the Alphen differently. first leading to a race like the trolls, and then one that is inspired by the goblins. being analogous to the cultures of Oceania. as Maori.
10. the Automacci inspired steam mechanical beings are a sort of "retrobots" (so retro robot.) representatives of the new era of mechanization.
11. apes also called beastmen represent tribal breeds that exist worldwide, and its most representative, the elephant (India), eagles (American Indians), bulls (Greece and Rome, including Spain). among other types. but generally different species could do so for the character style.
12. vampire race we are developing.
13. the mandrake. are supposed to represent the plant kingdom. bone men who are like plant.
14. the Zenoarg an alien race that evolved on the planet in isolation.
15. race Centaur (under development).

about the characters:

is expected to allow a complete customization of character, the evolution of char levels is not to win, but to develop their own talents as both the team and with their skills. would be free to choose their class. and ranges would win when they meet the required skill levels. The team is also customizable. both aesthetically and in bonuses.

classes: under development.
work: in development. Archaeology would be an option but is more BIEM as part of the progression of PJ as well the skills of survival.

regard to the story: Cea events are so far in era of change, the world is in a transition from Renaissance to Baroque (Renaissance and the Enlightenment to the industrial revolution and maybe even the 1st World War). The world is in an environment of both technological discoveries of exploration and development. so that the missions or stories would come to the exploration of the world by the character. BIEM lore and more would go to appear as players discover ancient secrets. practically are an explorer in the world.

singularities:

1. pets for everyone. the pj can learn a talent for raising wild beasts. which would go to grow and to reach the adults could serve both to fight fellow mounts. but would require a talent for riding too.
2. the character grows. ie as your PJ is more encouraging and earn ranks and grows in age. obviously not becoming elderly.
3. transport. the world for now you have trains, automobiles, bicycles and motorcycles also, and steamboats. then will come submarines and airships. and may make them struggle. to make sense of the battle.
4. possibility of aligning or create factions. BIEM if there are certain factions in the game, players can form clans that can then form their own factions. is expected to create zones for players to make their own cities or towns. and make struggles for dominance of the zones. with administration of economy and work for the clan community
5. system needs. the pj will be a dummy not autonomous, but its development will require the address certain needs such as sleeping and eating. which impose positive or negative bonuses in the game. also add more needs arise.
6. home, pj may create their own home and send him to build. if BIEM gather your materials and send them to buy all. may place furniture supply their needs and may also set up small businesses.

and now a few pictures, concept art are basically nothing more. we have nothing of the game already, but I hope that some bring to the game becomes something real:

[IMG] [URL = "https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/alienbird.jpg/"] [img] https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img52/8610/alienbird.th.jpg [/ img ] [/ URL] [/ IMG]
[IMG] [URL = "https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/alienhorse.jpg/"] [img] https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img255/8589/alienhorse.th.jpg [/ img ] [/ URL] [/ IMG]
[IMG] [URL = "https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/draco.jpg/"] [img] https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img259/913/draco.th.jpg [/ img ] [/ URL] [/ IMG]
[IMG] [URL = "https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/grifox.jpg/"] [img] https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img822/9561/grifox.th.jpg [/ img ] [/ URL] [/ IMG]
[IMG] [URL = "https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/insectalien.jpg/"] [img] https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img828/121/insectalien.th.jpg [/ img ] [/ URL] [/ IMG]
[IMG] [URL = "https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/npcq.jpg/"] [img] https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img823/5857/npcq.th.jpg [/ img ] [/ URL] [/ IMG]
[IMG] [URL = "https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/protautomacci.jpg/"] [img] https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img209/8806/protautomacci.th.jpg [/ img ] [/ URL] [/ IMG]
[IMG] [URL = "https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/imagen1yt.jpg/"] [img] https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img72/4818/imagen1yt.th.jpg [/ img ] [/ URL] [/ IMG]
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -----------------

sorry for the bad spelling and words the traduction is too long for being revised sentence for sentence. for those who want to join the staff. this is the direction of the project's forum

[URL] http://mar16cris.foros-gratuitos.com/forum.htm [/ URL] [b] [/ b]

Back to top Go down
2creator
Newcomer
2creator

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:54 pm

Bienvenido de nuevo

Good luck on that MMoRPg and have fun here.

PS: I love google translate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

helo fellas..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: helo fellas.....   helo fellas..... Empty

Back to top Go down

helo fellas.....
Page 1 of 1