Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?

Go down 
+18
Djohaal
MassimoV
Agrestrife
Albalrogue
DragonEye4
Mysterious_Calligrapher
fredpie
Xenopologist
caekdaemon
Noitulove
Redstar
Commander Keen
The Uteen
US_of_Alaska
Pezzalis
~sciocont
Poisson
Invader
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?   Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 2:14 pm

Listen to me, stop fighting over this!

Some examples of zombies in films, and games etc. is the living dead, some are alive but with what is basically a zombie infection. We need to decide on one type of zombie!
Back to top Go down
Tenebrarum
Society Team Lead
Tenebrarum

PostSubject: Re: Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?   Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 6:52 pm

I've been trying to ignore this thread for a while, but I'm gonna butt in here just to blurt a couple things out:

1. Disease itself deserves a thread, summerizing what has been decided here.

2. Zombies exist, by modern meaning of the word, in only one realistic form: Rabbies. A disease that causes drastic behaivioral changes, including increased aggresion, and has a number of visible symptoms.

I will now return to ignoring this thread as best as I can.
Back to top Go down
Djohaal
Learner
Djohaal

PostSubject: Re: Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?   Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 10:38 pm

Tenebrarum wrote:
I've been trying to ignore this thread for a while, but I'm gonna butt in here just to blurt a couple things out:

2. Zombies exist, by modern meaning of the word, in only one realistic form: Rabbies. A disease that causes drastic behaivioral changes, including increased aggresion, and has a number of visible symptoms.

I think I'll follow that last line.

Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?   Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 2:52 pm

Tenebrarum wrote:

Rabies is not zombies

ZOMBIES ARE DEAD PEOPLE WHO HAVE COME BACK TO LIFE. NOT PEOPLE WITH RABIES.
Back to top Go down
YourBreakfast
Learner
YourBreakfast

PostSubject: Re: Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?   Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 3:39 pm

DragonEye4 wrote:
Tenebrarum wrote:

Rabies is not zombies

Then what about those films where zombies bite other 'living' people and turn into zombies?

Zombification, realistically, isn't possible. No disease can act as fast as a couple of seconds; and even if it could, it wouldn't be able to turn people into flesh-eating monsters who love brains. ¬.¬
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?   Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 4:07 pm

YourBreakfast wrote:
it wouldn't be able to turn people into flesh-eating monsters who love brains.

Zombification doesn't have to take seconds, it could be hours or even days. Also, some sort of virus could affect certain portions of brain to make the host constantly hunger for meat, but I don't see a possibility of such disease naturally evolving. Bioengineering would stand a bigger chance though.
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?   Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 4:16 pm

YourBreakfast wrote:
DragonEye4 wrote:
Tenebrarum wrote:

Rabies is not zombies

Then what about those films where zombies bite other 'living' people and turn into zombies?

Zombification, realistically, isn't possible. No disease can act as fast as a couple of seconds; and even if it could, it wouldn't be able to turn people into flesh-eating monsters who love brains. ¬.¬
Normally, even then, the zombies start rotting and other forms of being dead.

Rotting while being alive would mean instant death.

Plus... http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?   Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 5:20 pm

So, here's what I've gathered: zombies could never occur on their own, but could be biologically engineered as a chemical superweapon. It would be effective for taking down an enemy city, but the odds of the infected individuals surviving long enough to infect other cities is slim.

So, you would have to research chemical weapons for quite a while before zombies are possible.
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?   Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 1:54 pm

I'd prefer that these came in some little separate add-on thing, I'm not downloading a game that claims to be scientific but includes zombie outbreaks in them.
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?   Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 12:52 pm

No naturally occurring zombie outbreaks, but it can happen with advanced enough technology to allow a type of super-bacteria to be created, although this still may not be a perfect zombie.

Well, that just about finishes this thread. Should we lock it?
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?   Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:23 pm

The Uteen wrote:
No naturally occurring zombie outbreaks, but it can happen with advanced enough technology to allow a type of super-bacteria to be created, although this still may not be a perfect zombie.

Don't lock it, in case someone has something important to say later on. Just ignore it.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?   Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 8:58 pm

InvaderZim wrote:
The Uteen wrote:

Don't lock it, in case someone has something important to say later on. Just ignore it.
No lock, but still, for now-
[/thread]
Back to top Go down
bill2505
Learner

PostSubject: Re: Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?   Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:16 pm

something not entirely relevant with zombies what about a civ LIKE zerg in starcraf 2
Back to top Go down
Hallowed_Are_The_Ori
Newcomer
Hallowed_Are_The_Ori

Location : Whatsitcalled... the Ori planet... yeah... that one...

PostSubject: Re: Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?   Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 8:09 am

Talking of diseases, there's a game called Pandemic [1&2], and that's all about diseases so we could get ideas from that. Just go take a look at it. It's one of those flash games on kongregate and armour games and all that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?   Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zombies- Specifics, Likelihood, and Do We Even Want 'Em?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thrive Game Development :: Development :: Get Involved-
Jump to: