Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Lbrewer (C sharp coder, amateur game designer and modeler) here

Go down 
+4
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Tenebrarum
ido66667
lbrewer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lbrewer
Newcomer
lbrewer

Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Empty
PostSubject: Lbrewer (C sharp coder, amateur game designer and modeler) here   Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:37 am

Hi im lewis!

im a part time coder and amateur game designer and modeler.
I have just over half a years experience with c-sharp and about 2 years with the unity and udk engines, plus about the same for blender, a free 3d modeling program. I loved the idea presented here the moment i saw it and i am very willing to help.

my areas of interest would definitely be either space stage or civilization(society i see its called from reading here). But i'm more than happy to be where ever if it helps, i have had some experience in modeling organic things, like trees and foliage for a game i made earlier.

Thanks in advance.
lbrewer

Last edited by lbrewer on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the half)
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Lbrewer (C sharp coder, amateur game designer and modeler) here   Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:18 am

Hey Lewis.
you definitely can help.

P.S.
I know how to use blender too
Back to top Go down
Tenebrarum
Society Team Lead
Tenebrarum

PostSubject: Re: Lbrewer (C sharp coder, amateur game designer and modeler) here   Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:41 am

Welcome to Thrive.

I'm sure you're already aware, but we're programing in C++. Currently we're working on the construction of the main game engine, after a failed attempt at Microbial Stage. We may or may not be getting help from the creater of Space Engine in regards to this. You should check in with roadkillguy, our lead programmer, if you want to know more or help with that. He's been pretty lonely lately. Give him a hug from me.

I'm the head of the Society Stage Design Team. Most people here call me Rex. If you wanna know more about it, we have a whole slew of info on it on our wiki, so that's fun. Any concerns or ideas for it can be posted, and if you're unsure about something just PM any of us, and we'll do our best to explain.

I'd introduce the rest of the team, but I'm sure they'd like to do it themselves.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Biome Team Lead
Mysterious_Calligrapher

PostSubject: Re: Lbrewer (C sharp coder, amateur game designer and modeler) here   Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:55 am

I'd say more of a 'postponed' attempt at microbial stage, but yeah, we're currently in high programming mode with the PPG and the space stage.

Oh yeah, I'm head of Biomes, and most people around here call me Calli. I can also be found running the translation team, should you know of a bored bilingual in search of something to translate. I'm also forum chemist/ecologist/science officer without pointy ears.

(You would think that a ship this big would have more than one science officer, but apperently not.)

Introductions have been made. You can toddle off to join Roadkill in engineering programming now.
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Lbrewer (C sharp coder, amateur game designer and modeler) here   Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:29 am

Welcome!

It seems everything has been said, so I'll not attempt to fill my post with random stuff with lots of words but no content. Although typing this probably has done that already, so I'm doing something I just said I wouldn't do. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Lbrewer (C sharp coder, amateur game designer and modeler) here   Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Hey, welcome to the team. I'm in charge here, with US of Alaska at my side. Right now, we need you wonderful people known as programmers, so I'm really glad you're here. As Rex said, check in with roadkill to see what you can do for programming.
Back to top Go down
lbrewer
Newcomer
lbrewer

PostSubject: Re: Lbrewer (C sharp coder, amateur game designer and modeler) here   Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:53 pm

thanks guys, your all a great help, ill go talk to him and see what i can do. With that said it also gives me a reason to start on c++!
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Lbrewer (C sharp coder, amateur game designer and modeler) here   Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:13 pm

Lbrewer, you sound like you'll fit right in here and be a valuable member of our team! It's great to finally see some interest from programmers, and we're all very grateful for it.
Back to top Go down
roadkillguy
Experienced
roadkillguy

PostSubject: Re: Lbrewer (C sharp coder, amateur game designer and modeler) here   Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:54 pm

C# isn't cross platform. (Well, not hardly) Know c++? It shares c syntax, but differs greatly when deriving classes and with pointers. Definitely worth learning.

Also, I compile straight from linux. Commander Keen has cross compiled the source code to windows for us, so we now have a working version under windows.

But yeah, welcome!
Back to top Go down
lbrewer
Newcomer
lbrewer

PostSubject: Re: Lbrewer (C sharp coder, amateur game designer and modeler) here   Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:39 pm

roadkillguy wrote:
C# isn't cross platform. (Well, not hardly) Know c++? It shares c syntax, but differs greatly when deriving classes and with pointers. Definitely worth learning.

Also, I compile straight from linux. Commander Keen has cross compiled the source code to windows for us, so we now have a working version under windows.

But yeah, welcome!

actually i don't know much c++, but all the reason to learn it i guess. So i'll start working on getting to grips with that , but while i'm doing that i could contribute through modeling and ideas i guess, plus if the engine is till being built i could use unity to throw together a few idea's and tests for game play dynamics.

edit: i've got a couple of concept models in the works for organism and cellular tests, one's already up there, so if any people know how to rig and animate or texture(not to good at it myself, dosen't look as professional as i want it to be :(.) Please pop over to the art section and there should be a topic for Models and texture topic or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
roadkillguy
Experienced
roadkillguy

PostSubject: Re: Lbrewer (C sharp coder, amateur game designer and modeler) here   Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:45 pm

Quote :
actually i don't know much c++, but all the reason to learn it i guess.

That's the spirit!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lbrewer (C sharp coder, amateur game designer and modeler) here   Lbrewer (C sharp coder,  amateur game designer and modeler) here Empty

Back to top Go down

Lbrewer (C sharp coder, amateur game designer and modeler) here
Page 1 of 1