Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
SOPA - law Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
SOPA - law Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
SOPA - law Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
SOPA - law Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
SOPA - law Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
SOPA - law Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
SOPA - law Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
SOPA - law Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
SOPA - law Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
SOPA - law Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
SOPA - law Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
SOPA - law Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
SOPA - law Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
SOPA - law Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
SOPA - law Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
SOPA - law Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
SOPA - law Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
SOPA - law Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
SOPA - law Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
SOPA - law Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

SOPA - law

Go down 
+2
penumbra espinosa
Darkov
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkov
Newcomer
Darkov

SOPA - law Empty
PostSubject: SOPA - law   SOPA - law EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Hello,
I have not checked Thrive for a long long time. Its nice to see you have quite a lot of progress and might actually see this true eventually.

But i had to show this to as many people, because this new "law" is ridiculous.

Called the "Stop Online Piracy Act" (SOPA) in the House of Representatives and the "PROTECT IP Act" (PIPA) in the Senate, these bills are a misguided attempt to curb the illegal piracy of copyrighted content (like movies, music and games). Preventing piracy of copyrighted content is a laudable goal.

However, SOPA/PIPA goes far beyond simply addressing piracy. This proposed legislation actually threatens any website that features user-generated content. In effect, any copyright holder could file a claim that a streaming website is hosting unauthorized content (such as a song in the background of a stream). Under the law, ad networks, payment providers and internet service providers are now potentially liable for their user’s infringement. These services could then be compelled to immediately remove support for a streaming website or face a costly legal battle – at a minimum cutting off financial means, and likely shutting off the site entirely.

How would SOPA/PIPA impact some of you?

Kills streaming. If any single streamer plays copyrighted music (or alt tabs into a movie or other owned content) on their stream, there is a significant risk of the entire streaming service being taken down. In some cases, it could even result in criminal penalties for the streamer.

Threatens independent content creation. Services we all use to create and share game related content, such as YouTube, Reddit, DeviantArt, streaming websites such as Own3d and Twitch, and more would be at risk of shutting down or greatly restricting the scope of legitimate content allowed on their sites.

Other harmful effects. SOPA/PIPA undermine established intellectual property legislation like the DMCA, raise serious constitutional free speech issues, and could even compromise the basic security infrastructure of the internet.

Congress will reconvene at the end of January, and with a long roster of supporters on both sides of the aisle, SOPA/PIPA could actually pass. The likelihood is so great that technology giants including Google, Amazon, Facebook and Twitter have gone so far as to publicly consider a simultaneous blackout in protest.

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYgIvKsc

More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/

Write your congressperson today and voice your opposition to this misguided and harmful legislation: https://action.eff.org/o/9042/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=8173

Quote from a us congressmen :

Quote :
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, I’m greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

I’m particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

I’ve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action.

I wouldn't of posted this, if i didn't feel its important for everyone to know and help stop this.
Back to top Go down
penumbra espinosa
Learner

SOPA - law Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOPA - law   SOPA - law EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:57 am

its very important that the whole world knows about it, even us who aren't denizens of USA and cannot participate there at least we can give some firms online......
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

SOPA - law Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOPA - law   SOPA - law EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi Darkov, glad to see you still remember us from time to time. Yes, SOPA seems to be universally hated by all internet dwellers, but there's not much non-Americans can do, and the rest has probably done something.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

SOPA - law Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOPA - law   SOPA - law EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:19 pm

I'm an American, and I still can't do anything about it. Right now, voters have very little power over bills like this. We can plead our congressmen all we want, but the people pushing this bill (media giants) have a lot more say in the matter. All I can do is keep sending emails and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

SOPA - law Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOPA - law   SOPA - law EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Mmm. This is a pretty scary occurrence really. I've done all i can as an Australian, which is upvote relevant reddit threads and sign petitions that aren't asking for US residency. Other than that, it's really up to how hard you Yanks can push these bastards.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

SOPA - law Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOPA - law   SOPA - law EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:01 am

Well, Not that I like piracy, but... SOPA and all the other acts are just hurting the freedom in the internet.
+ They let the big crops to control the US Residents Life... I find it... Unethical.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SOPA - law Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOPA - law   SOPA - law Empty

Back to top Go down

SOPA - law
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thrive Game Development :: Development :: Outreach :: Legal-
Jump to: