Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Microbe Stage Progress Report

Go down 
+50
Inca
spacetime_dinosaur
MitochondriaBox
TheFellowWithTheHat
Dalroc
Silver Sterling
Mouthwash
meldebious
PortalFan1000
Tritium
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Jimexmore
Nimbal
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Naevius
Tarpy
FunnyGames
WJacobC
untrustedlife
NikolaAnicic007
CoolGuyChris
DawnTyrantEo
DragonX511
Armok: God of Blood
Oliveriver
Thriving Cheese
Jopetsu
WilliamstheJohn
Orygandian2
GmansWatching
penumbra espinosa
Holomanga
nziswat
Calfeggs
decelis93
Dilophoraptor
PandaVirus
Admantus
Daniferrito
Gawbad
Rorsten594
Raptorstorm
ido66667
Brennus
MeowMan1
Doggit
Seregon
~sciocont
The Uteen
NickTheNick
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:18 pm

Okay just uploaded the two new microbe themes to the OP! Big thanks to Doggit for composing them!
Back to top Go down
Raptorstorm
Newcomer
Raptorstorm

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:42 am

Has any programming been completed yet? If so, what parts have.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:02 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
Okay just uploaded the two new microbe themes to the OP! Big thanks to Doggit for composing them!

ei nick where do you upload themes?

P.S. regarding the background sound;) I'll tell me what you need to do ... the sound of bubbles?
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:23 pm

Raptorstorm wrote:
Has any programming been completed yet? If so, what parts have.
The programmers have recently finished discussion about how they are going to program the game (microbe stage in particular), and I think they are now in the process of reviewing some of the programming resources they are more unfamiliar with in preparation for writing the actual code. For more information, see the Programmer Coordination Discussion thread. (I'd recommend the IRC chat logs, if you're patient enough to read through all of it; they are very detailed )
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Doggit wrote:
ei nick where do you upload themes?

P.S. regarding the background sound;) I'll tell me what you need to do ... the sound of bubbles?

I just upload links to the themes to the original post.

I'm not sure what we need exactly for sound, because I only speak for myself. I would wait and decide with the others what sounds we need. If you want you could start your own thread and start to list the different ambient sounds we would need for the Microbe Stage.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Hey Doggit if you have any new themes or sounds you have made for the Microbe Stage, could you PM them to me? I'll add them to the OP.

Also don't forget to include the sources for the sounds.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:43 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
Hey Doggit if you have any new themes or sounds you have made for the Microbe Stage, could you PM them to me? I'll add them to the OP.

no new theme .. I'm very busy at this time
In any case, I have included three sources of sounds, while for the bubbles do not remember the source ... I guess I'll make another.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Okay thanks a bunch Doggit! I'll add your sounds to the OP.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Ok, so new task on the list guys. Any artists out there, one of our new objectives is to create some backgrounds for the top down 3D of Microbe Stage. As sciocont suggested,

~sciocont wrote:
Check out pictures of different surfaces under high(~400x) magnification and draw inspiration from there. Remember that our first surfaces will likely be stone and clay.

So anyone willing and able to get started on this, please post here to get a discussion going, and then once you are ready start working on the backgrounds!

-----------

As a side note to HellKnightDan, once you finish the revised UI that is scaled down and such, could you please send me the link and I'll add it to the Report.

Last edited by NickTheNick on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rorsten594
Newcomer
Rorsten594

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 3:58 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
Ok, so new task on the list guys. Any artists out there, one of our new objectives is to create some backgrounds for the top down 3D of Microbe Stage. As sciocont suggested,
So anyone willing and able to get started on this, please post here to get a discussion going, and then once you are ready start working on the backgrounds!

im a artist (not the greatest but still one)
what look are you going for?

Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 4:51 pm

I'm looking for exactly what I wrote above. We need some backgrounds of magnified stone/clay to be the backdrop for Microbe Stage.

EDIT: Here is an example. Don't copy it for copyright purposes, but make something along these lines. In colour of course.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:42 am

NickTheNick wrote:
I'm looking for exactly what I wrote above. We need some backgrounds of magnified stone/clay to be the backdrop for Microbe Stage.

EDIT: Here is an example. Don't copy it for copyright purposes, but make something along these lines. In colour of course.
e,f,g and h there are good candidates.
Back to top Go down
Rorsten594
Newcomer
Rorsten594

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:55 pm

NickTheNick wrote:

how big does it have to be because im using paint.net and howdo i post stuff like pics on the site?

Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 6:14 pm

I'm not sure how big, but to upload it find the button in the post reply editor that says "host image". Click on it and click on browse to upload a picture from your computer. Then click "host it", which is in the same box that the browse button was in. Clicking "host it" should give you a link to the picture, which you then use for the "insert image" button back in the editor.
Back to top Go down
Rorsten594
Newcomer
Rorsten594

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 6:57 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
I'm not sure how big, but to upload it find the button in the post reply editor that says "host image". Click on it and click on browse to upload a picture from your computer. Then click "host it", which is in the same box that the browse button was in. Clicking "host it" should give you a link to the picture, which you then use for the "insert image" button back in the editor.

i can't insert image because its only on my pc not on the internet and can't get devianart because my parents said no
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 7:17 pm

That's why you need to host the image first like I said. That way it will create a link for the picture.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:22 am

Yes I do agree, stone/clay would be a nice background.
And maybe a little puddle of water in those rocks would make sense, as a microbe you wil evolve in a tiny drop of primordial soup.

this whole background would take place underwater, right?

If not please do corect me.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:30 am

NickTheNick wrote:

I asked Doggit for a theme yesterday, a theme to encourage a feel of discovery and exploration.

So he said he will work on that.

If you want a certain type of theme, or whatever, om him.

I also usually am the one to tell him what themes/sounds to create, so either tell him your ideas, or tell me theme and I shall tell him.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Firstly, please don't triple post, you could just as easily put all three of those posts into one.

I'm pretty sure the background is underwater in some geothermal vent.

Got it.

I haven't heard of any new prototypes. I'm pretty sure if there was one ready right now we would all know of it.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:04 pm

Wow, here I go contradicting what I just said, but just as a notice, can all artists post here so I can get a working list. There are also some tasks for you guys.

So I think it is safe to say Rorsten is one. MeowMan? HellKnightDan?

(I'll update this list to be, hence the term, up to date)

Artists:
Rorsten
~sciocont

Last edited by NickTheNick on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm an artist.
As for image size, we'll need images that are quite large, which we'll probably tile across the background plane. If we run the game in 1024*768, I'd say make any image tilable and four times that size. 4096*3072 id the goal.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 12:01 am

Got it scio. You guys heard what the man, images of 4096*3072.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:11 am

MeowMan1 wrote:
NickTheNick wrote:

I asked Doggit for a theme yesterday, a theme to encourage a feel of discovery and exploration.

So he said he will work on that.

If you want a certain type of theme, or whatever, om him.

I also usually am the one to tell him what themes/sounds to create, so either tell him your ideas, or tell me theme and I shall tell him.

The soothing music that I made about the expectation that occurs during the loading of the game.

while, for the menu, I think the song that has made Hong two years ago is perfect for the menu.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Gawbad
Newcomer
Gawbad

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:54 am

Personaly I think there both very fitting, and what i like is there simular so it makes the transition from the menu to the loading more smooth,
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gawbad
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:34 pm

Doggit wrote:
while, for the menu, I think the song that has made Hong two years ago is perfect for the menu.
I agree, but we never actually got to making a proper loop of it. Still, we could always use it as it is - the number of people who wait in the menu of a game for 2 minutes and 54 seconds without playing it is probably quite low.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage Progress Report   Microbe stage - Microbe Stage Progress Report - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Microbe Stage Progress Report
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next