Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Microbe Stage First Build Concept

Go down 
+9
Calfeggs
NickTheNick
jaws2blood
PTFace
MeowMan1
GamerXA
Carnifex
ido66667
~sciocont
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Calfeggs wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
The background is static, you will interact with other cells and objects in your environment, the ones that are in the midground.

Oh darn, so no moving background? What about ambient noise or anything?
You'll be moving across the background layer. You will see it move under you.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:19 am

I understand that we need to discuss this in order to make the cell phase, but I think we have discussed quite enough.

I think it's time to get to work and actually MAKE the cell phase.

Because lately I have been wondering, how will we get anywhere if all we do is talk?

I do not mean to offend anyone by this comment, if anyone feels offended I am sorry.

I cannot wait much longer, to see a prototype that I can actually play.

Also, when someone does make a prototype, try to make sure that I do not need winzip to play it, other wise I won't be able to play it.

ThankYou.
Back to top Go down
jaws2blood
Newcomer
jaws2blood

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:13 pm

MeowMan1 wrote:
I understand that we need to discuss this in order to make the cell phase, but I think we have discussed quite enough.

I think it's time to get to work and actually MAKE the cell phase.

Because lately I have been wondering, how will we get anywhere if all we do is talk?

I do not mean to offend anyone by this comment, if anyone feels offended I am sorry.

I cannot wait much longer, to see a prototype that I can actually play.

Also, when someone does make a prototype, try to make sure that I do not need winzip to play it, other wise I won't be able to play it.

ThankYou.

Don't worry, there's guys working on it.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:31 pm

And who might they be?
Back to top Go down
jaws2blood
Newcomer
jaws2blood

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:33 pm

MeowMan1 wrote:
And who might they be?

the programmers silly
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:35 pm

MeowMan1 wrote:
And who might they be?
Roadkill, Seregon, I think jaws is a programer too, Carnifex... Amm, Don't remeber more names.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:37 pm

How far along are You?

Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Specifications are being decided upon for the coding. Different tasks are being assigned to different coders so that there is no repeated code. The second programmer meeting was held about 3 hours ago. It's all progressing smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:57 pm

I heard yesterday themes microbe I did before, and I noticed that the first two versions are not musically good (especially for an annoying background noise) so I decided to work again on the music of this stage as it is close to realization of this phase.

I'm going to do another 2-3 songs on this stage in order to allow developers the right choice in the selection of themes and avoid that the songs are repetitive after a while.

I hope you like this theme because I worked a lot. Tell me what you think.

Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:24 pm

That sounds very good. I just worked on kind of a spacey/main title theme yesterday- it's basically just built on some big, complex chords and a simple repeated progression. I'll probably upload a demo tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
RagingBeaver
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:21 am

i have been stalking this project for a lot of time, and it needs serious help so i've dedicated my free time to learning c++ and a little bit of blender (i like to mess around in blender )... i know it will take ages to train myself but hopefully i will be good enough to help with latter stages.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 6:51 am

~sciocont wrote:
That sounds very good. I just worked on kind of a spacey/main title theme yesterday- it's basically just built on some big, complex chords and a simple repeated progression. I'll probably upload a demo tomorrow.

Good;). Then if that's okay (and if necessary) I can do some editing of this song?
Back to top Go down
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Biome Team Lead
Mysterious_Calligrapher

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:12 am

RagingBeaver wrote:
i have been stalking this project for a lot of time, and it needs serious help so i've dedicated my free time to learning c++ and a little bit of blender (i like to mess around in blender )... i know it will take ages to train myself but hopefully i will be good enough to help with latter stages.

Well, hi there! Good on you and welcome to the team. As you can see, we're working on cell stage, but you're more than welcome to join. No really. We tend to glom onto people with any hint of programming experience.

Doggit: I like it. It sounds orchestral and very classical, good for the dawn of a new world.

Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:41 pm

RagingBeaver wrote:

Hey, Welcome.

Seregon and roadkillguy are the development team leads, If you need to ask something about the development, Feel free to P.M. them.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:45 pm

Doggit wrote:
~sciocont wrote:

Good;). Then if that's okay (and if necessary) I can do some editing of this song?
Of course. I'm building it in LMMS (Linux MultiMedia Studio) which is free for all OSes. I don't know if it can be converted piece by piece into your program, but I think I can save it as a MIDI file that you can then plug in to whatever program you're using.
Back to top Go down
RagingBeaver
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:22 am

Mysterious_Calligrapher wrote:
RagingBeaver wrote:

Well, hi there! Good on you and welcome to the team. As you can see, we're working on cell stage, but you're more than welcome to join. No really. We tend to glom onto people with any hint of programming experience.

Doggit: I like it. It sounds orchestral and very classical, good for the dawn of a new world.

thanks a lot as soon as i think i have some skills in programming i will contact the other devs ... until then i will be busy studying
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:02 pm

On this track I worked hard because I wanted it long and also because I wanted to conclude the themes concerning the phase microbe.

The style is very quiet and allows the player to identify himself well in a microscopic way.

I believe that even without playing, now, you can take this feeling.

I hope this last (I think) song you like.

P.S. think that I have to work even musically on stage microbe or we can close it for now here?

Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Very nice, Doggit.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Amazing work!
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:54 pm

Hey, scio, to bring this well-deserving thread back on track and on topic, I think something you need more on is the function of the organelles. Now of course You can't be expected to do all that work, so I suggest that we get some people working on getting a list of organelles up as well as their functions for the cell. This is an essential step for the thread "Building Microbe Stage", and is necessary for propulsion, consumption, and the compound system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microbe Stage First Build Concept   Microbe Stage First Build Concept - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Microbe Stage First Build Concept
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2