Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry).

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sundu
Newcomer

Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Empty
PostSubject: Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry).   Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:04 pm

So, yeah I'm just a run of the mill nerd that stumbled onto this place after searching for games like spore. I eventually found this forum, and looked around. Got exited when I saw releases (demo's, I was expecting, not an actual game as I know all of you are still working on it). And.... quickly, I got bored with pushing the bubble (don't know how your releases work exactly. All I managed to figure is that there's this avatar and a wierd bubble thingy, and that the controls from what I gather is... (W,A,S,D) for moving side to side 2D like, and (R,F) up, and down). Other than that, I'm lost, scared... don't what's what yet. I post an idea on the materials thread for those looking.

Let's see: I'll post interest rather than talents. As I'm not particularly talented, but interested in a lot of things.

Art: I'm not much past stick figures with living moving creatures, but I have drawn some trees and such. I've also drawn my own fighter jet recently...

Music: I like music, im not past dabling in actual musical instruments. I like singing... not if I'm actually talented....

Knowledge: I'm good with random knowledge. I'm actually interested in Chemistry, Biology... and I'm currently pursuing a career in both.

That's me in a nutshell, if I get into game making and such I may pitch in where needed. But I now know nothing of coding and such as of yet.

Back to top Go down
Daniferrito
Experienced
Daniferrito

PostSubject: Re: Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry).   Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Well, sadly thats everything there is on the latest release. There is nothing that you missed. We are working on it, and more focused on the species at the moment, which will take some time to get any playable details.

Anyways, welcome. We are glad to have you here.
Back to top Go down
Sundu
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry).   Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:48 am

I looked around little more here... There are so many ideas bouncing around its easy to get lost.

Like I said, I'd like to help in anyway... I would love to see another spore. Cheap nock-off or not, paid or not.

I took a look at chemistry, and it looks promising. A lot of it I agree with, I'm out of school, and I have no life soo....

I'm going to try to add some ideas. I know you guys have a lot om your plate for the time being, so i know my ideas "if accepted" would be likely an afterthought and aren't going to be implemented while you are still working on stepping past push the bubble ;-)

I'm going to be trying to tinker with game making myself, like programming and such. So I'll try to step in somepoint.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry).   Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Welcome to Thrive Sundu!

There's a lot to do with the various different skills you mentioned. The GET INVOLVED thread will show you all the significant threads and links for, as the name implies, getting involved. It's always useful to take the initiative and practice modelling, SFX, code, etc. It would also greatly help towards your abilities in the future, and give a sense of the means of implementation of the game.

Also, as Dani pointed out, what you played was just an early release, so there is nothing special yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry).   Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry). Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi guys... (nothing special about me, sorry).
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thrive Game Development :: Development :: Get Involved :: Applications-
Jump to: