Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Application: English-Spanish translator Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Application: English-Spanish translator

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zymoox
Newcomer
Zymoox

Application: English-Spanish translator Empty
PostSubject: Application: English-Spanish translator   Application: English-Spanish translator EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 2:50 pm

Hello, I'm Jorge, and I'm a spanish who wants to help in te translation of both the game and the wiki to spanish.
-Knowledge of Spanish: It is my mother tongue, so I speak it very fluently.
-Knowledge of English: I have studied English for 11 years in school. I had lived with a family in Ireland in a kind of 'total immersion' for a period of two months ... three times. In the Cambridge First Certificate in English i got 77 out of 100, which is pretty good, as it is very difficult to ge a mark higher than 80. At school, I have a 9 out of 10 (which is an 'A') in English.

I don't know any programming languages. So you can send me the text which you want to be translated to spanish, and I will translate it.

I personally love this game, as it aims to make a realistic and complex Spore. I can also help you as a Theorist, as I have allways loved everything related to space, so I have knowledge about this topic. However I donĀ“t have any graduated diploma as I haven't gone to cellege yet.
In fact, in college, where I'm going on a year and a half when I have finished school, I will study Physics and Astronomy.

Thank you for taking your time to read this. I'm looking forward to receiving your reply.
Back to top Go down
Zymoox
Newcomer
Zymoox

PostSubject: Re: Application: English-Spanish translator   Application: English-Spanish translator EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 4:22 pm

I have translated all the text I could find in the 0.2.4 version to spanish. I wrote everyting on a .txt; the words in english and then the definitions. And also I have translated the help texts. If you need it, tell me and I'll send the .txt to you.
Back to top Go down
moopli
Developer
moopli

PostSubject: Re: Application: English-Spanish translator   Application: English-Spanish translator EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 6:38 pm

Hey Jorge, sorry it took us so long (a lot of us are currently busy getting 0.2.4 ready for a full release).

Great initiative on getting stuff translated! We currently don't have a translation project active, and neither do we have any l10n or i18n support in the game engine, so we can't really do much immediately with your translations. You're not the only translator to apply recently, so maybe if one of you (or someone already on the team) were interested in leading the translation team, then we could put together an organized translation effort. But my responses to the other guy still apply here -- most of the game text will probably change a lot still, so there isn't much use to having translations unless those stay up-to-date. But first we'd have to code up some support for translations.

Home-grown translations are perfectly fine though -- if you want to translate the text and put up a link to the translated version, we wouldn't mind at all.
Back to top Go down
StealthStyle L
Newcomer
StealthStyle L

PostSubject: Re: Application: English-Spanish translator   Application: English-Spanish translator EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 5:34 am

Welcome!

Well done on already translating stuff. But please don't try and translate the wiki yet as it's very incomplete and has a lot of out of date pages that will probably changed at some point in the future. Just in case you were thinking ahead.
Back to top Go down
Zymoox
Newcomer
Zymoox

PostSubject: Re: Application: English-Spanish translator   Application: English-Spanish translator EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:59 am

Thanks for answering my application.
I've already though about the language coding problem (I don't know anything about programming, but in the 0.2.4 version that I've downloaded there is no "Options" tab available). So I though that, while i18n support is being coded, another version of the game in spanish can be available for download.
But as the full 0.2.4 version is imminent, I'll juts wait for it to be released, so I can translate it.
I do not think it helps much, but this is the link to the .txt with The translations:

https://mega.co.nz/#!cQBnmAAb!gGspUGeeSehiQD5SAeOEJfpFs2ty05Dzdm3zI7Jcd6g

In addition, as new game releases are rare, if a new version of the game is released, It will be easy for me to translate it and send it to you in a short period of time, so spanish players can benefit from it until a new version is released.
Back to top Go down
cristhian361
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Application: English-Spanish translator   Application: English-Spanish translator EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 5:48 pm

i need to say that you could change toxin vacuole= vacuola toxica, to something that don't sound to literally, be creative: like productor de toxinas, pero que se entienda de manera no literal por favor o te puedo ayudar/ but it can understand by a non literally way or i can help you.
Back to top Go down
Zymoox
Newcomer
Zymoox

PostSubject: Re: Application: English-Spanish translator   Application: English-Spanish translator EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:07 pm

I have been told that translators are not needed yet, as the game is in early pre-alpha development, so the text is expected to change a lot. In fact, very probably, everyone who can get to this forum and download the game, will probably know english. Also, I think that the translation to spanish I made has not been aded to the game, and it wil not for a long period of time.
Anyways, thank you for your advice.

Here is the updated translate text:
https://mega.co.nz/#!tIAmkKiS!jE-9ETZZLgdPVLnsoypJxH0OMb21Q1W-k58kr0m7OV4
Back to top Go down
Renzope

PostSubject: Re: Application: English-Spanish translator   Application: English-Spanish translator EmptyTue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

but it need's to be literal i think. no podemos cambiar los nombres de los objetos por que no suene bien, quizas podriamos usar los nombres cientificos para definirlos.(translation: we can't change the objects name just because it "doesn't fits", maybe we could use the scientific name) And please excuse my horrible english
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: English-Spanish translator   Application: English-Spanish translator Empty

Back to top Go down

Application: English-Spanish translator
Page 1 of 1