Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

I need to introduce myself? Whoops.

Go down 
+5
Oliveriver
Inca
Immortal_Dragon
Jimexmore
dinoman9877
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dinoman9877
Newcomer
dinoman9877

Location : The Jurassic Period, fighting an allosaurus using a spear.

I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Empty
PostSubject: Words of encouragement and offers for help   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 2:02 am

I love how the development team has picked itself up after the split, and how we have a nice little community, even if many aren't on when I come to check the progress.

And I just thought I should let you guys know, the ones running the project, that if you give up on this game, I will personally track each and every one of you down and make you regret the day you were born.

Ok, I'm just joking there, but what I can tell you that this game is a dream come true for me, just seeing the flying lizard when I first looked at the forum got me excited.

Spore, while fun, was a let down when I discovered the 2005 footage, and there was another game series that held for a while, but let me down. Not pointing any fingers (Andy Schatz, Pocketwatch Games, the Venture series), but again, no fingers being pointed.

This game is what I have hoped for since I first saw Spore, this isn't close to Spore, it's so much more, Spore wasn't even very realistic in 2005, and this is just so...Beautiful...

As for helping you out...I'm not a big hotshot on youtube, (I can ONLY make Spore videos, go me and using two minute footage since I don't have a recording device) so it's hard for me to spread the word (though I tried on the 2005 GDCe video of Spore).

What I can do is use my strange and not at all messed up brain to come up with ideas, some of which I've already posted, this is basically all I can do for you guys, but I'm fifteen and I know the scientific name of the lion off the top of my head...Most other students in my school think tigers live in Kenya from some video on youtube.

But all I can say is for you guys to keep doing what you're doing. I understand that it must be hard, putting time and effort into this for no money, just to see how you do against EA, but do know that you have made me one of the happiest people ever, just with this game in planning stage. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Just...Thank you.

I'd do best for helping in the stages where the species are multicellular, but not sapient, just so you guys know, because I love the natural world and want to know more about it.

Sincerely, your resident lizard man. :alien: <---(He's going in each of my posts from now on...)
Back to top Go down
dinoman9877
Newcomer
dinoman9877

PostSubject: I need to introduce myself? Whoops.   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 2:24 am

Hello everyone, I'm dinoman9877. Nerd, social outcast, and proud of it, coming to you currently from a six year old laptop that can't run a game of the same age, please don't make me explain it, I'll just say I had a decent laptop and now I had to downgrade.

I'm a highschool student in the greater Cincinnati, Ohio area, and every one of my fellow classmates like to act like they have three brain cells...That's two schools with students like that now.

I don't remember how I came across Thrive, exactly. (smart, but memory of an ant)

I believe I was scavenging around the Spore forums, now long abandoned, and found a post on this. I had to investigate.

As can be seen, I joined last year, so happy anniversary? :confused: And I did a quick skim around the website before I declared it a lost cause, just because I thought it too good to be true.

Then I start looking at Spore, a year later, which lead me to Species, Quasar, I need that bug report.

Then I remembered Thrive, so I searched until I found it again, and here I am now. I've already made a few posts, not read often, or...at least...not replied to often.

So, I just thought you all should know that you guys are stuck with the lizard man, and I'll be watching you developers veeeeeery closely, reasons are in another post so I won't say them here.

So I hope my time and suggestions will prove fruitful in any way, shape or form, because I'd love to play this game and think, "Wow...I helped make this. I was a particle in this bright, blazing star." Forgive me for a bad metaphor, I don't use them often.

I hope we'll all get along swimmingly.

Sincerely, the resident lizard man
Back to top Go down
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Re: I need to introduce myself? Whoops.   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:10 am

dinoman9877 wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm dinoman9877. Nerd, social outcast, and proud of it, coming to you currently from a six year old laptop that can't run a game of the same age, please don't make me explain it, I'll just say I had a decent laptop and now I had to downgrade.

I'm a highschool student in the greater Cincinnati, Ohio area, and every one of my fellow classmates like to act like they have three brain cells...That's two schools with students like that now.

I don't remember how I came across Thrive, exactly. (smart, but memory of an ant)

I believe I was scavenging around the Spore forums, now long abandoned, and found a post on this. I had to investigate.

As can be seen, I joined last year, so happy anniversary? :confused: And I did a quick skim around the website before I declared it a lost cause, just because I thought it too good to be true.

Then I start looking at Spore, a year later, which lead me to Species, Quasar, I need that bug report.

Then I remembered Thrive, so I searched until I found it again, and here I am now. I've already made a few posts, not read often, or...at least...not replied to often.

So, I just thought you all should know that you guys are stuck with the lizard man, and I'll be watching you developers veeeeeery closely, reasons are in another post so I won't say them here.

So I hope my time and suggestions will prove fruitful in any way, shape or form, because I'd love to play this game and think, "Wow...I helped make this. I was a particle in this bright, blazing star." Forgive me for a bad metaphor, I don't use them often.

I hope we'll all get along swimmingly.

Sincerely, the resident lizard man

Can you model or beta test. do you like tyranids?
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I need to introduce myself? Whoops.   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:04 am

Hi, welcome back. The more people that can get into discussions, the better, I say.

The only other thing I can say is :study: up and find what you want to contribute to.
Back to top Go down
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: I need to introduce myself? Whoops.   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:51 am

Welcome back and good luck getting involved :).
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/inca_uk
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: I need to introduce myself? Whoops.   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:06 am

Welcome! :D 

Here are some links to relevant threads on different topics if you have any specific skills:
Ideas and questions: https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t680-miscellaneous-bugs-and-questions-that-don-t-deserve-their-own-thread-thread
Programming: https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t885-programmer-coordination-thread
Game art: https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t1131-art-team-we-need-you
Concept art: https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t4-concept-art-thread
Music: https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t1186-music-list-thread-post-new-themes-here

I see myself as a nerd too, and I think I'd be right in guessing that many other members here are too (I mean, come on - we're discussing astrophysics and cell biology as if it was everyday conversation :) ), so you're certainly not a social outcast here.
Back to top Go down
http://oliverlugg.com/
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Biome Team Lead
Mysterious_Calligrapher

PostSubject: Re: I need to introduce myself? Whoops.   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:45 am

Hello and welcome a-board. (Someday soon I will get tired of that pun.)

If the top ten of the dev team aren't on, assume we're working. (To be fair, a large number of us are starting or finishing college, and/or have been relocated to the real world, wherein jobs are a necessity.)

The more the merrier around here, especially when they're willing to learn. :cyclops: 
Back to top Go down
Captain Mcderp
Newcomer
Captain Mcderp

PostSubject: Hello everyone   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 1:28 pm

I am Captain McDerp, Rugbyplayer and videogame lover. I have been following thrive for a while (about a year). I came across thrive on some deserted forum and i saw a post that talked about this "amazing project that is gonna remake spore" or something. I was really interested and searched for thrive and i found the website. Thats basically how i got here. Ofcourse I was (and still am!) really excited about a project like this. Because spore was a little disappointing.

About a month ago I asked if I could help and Oliveriver told me that i maybe could help with the drumbeats for the soundtrack.:D 

That's all I can tell about myself.

Sincerely, Captain Mcderp, cap'n of the StarExplorer
Back to top Go down
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: I need to introduce myself? Whoops.   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 1:35 pm

Welcome man, good to have you on the team. This is actually someone else's introduction thread, but it doesn't matter! Have a look around and get stuck in where you fancy. Just PM someone if you are not sure how to get involved.
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/inca_uk
dinoman9877
Newcomer
dinoman9877

PostSubject: Re: I need to introduce myself? Whoops.   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Thank you all for the kind words of greeting.

As for the double post...I don't know how that got there.:alien: 
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: I need to introduce myself? Whoops.   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 3:37 pm

That was me. You started two new threads for introducing yourself, so I merged them into one.

Welcome to the project!
Back to top Go down
dinoman9877
Newcomer
dinoman9877

PostSubject: Re: I need to introduce myself? Whoops.   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Technically, the other one wasn't an introduction, at least I didn't intend it that way, but okay then.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: I need to introduce myself? Whoops.   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Words of encouragement and offers for help are usually part of one's introduction, not a separate thread.
Back to top Go down
Thriving Cheese
Art Team Lead
Thriving Cheese

PostSubject: Re: I need to introduce myself? Whoops.   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 5:07 pm

Hello and welcome a-board. (I stole your pun Mysterius_Calligrapher! :twisted: )
Hello and welcome Dinoman9877!
Back to top Go down
http://thrive-game.deviantart.com/
dinoman9877
Newcomer
dinoman9877

PostSubject: Re: I need to introduce myself? Whoops.   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:23 am

NickTheNick wrote:
Words of encouragement and offers for help are usually part of one's introduction, not a separate thread.

Another whoops on my part. Anyway, I'll see what I can do for the project, like the point on defining creature movement I brought up in the miscellaneous bugs thread.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Biome Team Lead
Mysterious_Calligrapher

PostSubject: Re: I need to introduce myself? Whoops.   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi Cap!

Shame on you, Cheese, all you had to do was ask.

I'm the resident nicknamer, in addition to running Biomes, and I get around to questions (as does most of the senior dev team, at least when not on leave or having finals,) within an acceptable amount of time, should you have any. Welcome to the team: we are eager to absorb any and all skills which you may have. Yes, like sponges.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need to introduce myself? Whoops.   I need to introduce myself? Whoops. Empty

Back to top Go down

I need to introduce myself? Whoops.
Page 1 of 1