Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
New user (I can program in c++) Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

New user (I can program in c++)

Go down 
+5
The Uteen
ido66667
Commander Keen
roadkillguy
dr_evilification
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dr_evilification

New user (I can program in c++) Empty
PostSubject: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi, I can do some programming in C++ and make simple models on blender (e.g. A rock)
This project looks very interesting and I cannot wait to see what it looks like when finished!
Back to top Go down
roadkillguy
Experienced
roadkillguy

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Cool. Have you used mercurial? Any repositories at all?
Back to top Go down
dr_evilification

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:35 am

No I haven't, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:44 am

Don't worry, it's nothing hard. I suggest grabbing TortoiseHg as a client if you are on Windows.
Back to top Go down
dr_evilification

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:55 am

Which version of it? Version 2.2, Windows 64 bit?
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:31 am

Hello
dr_evilification ( Nice name)

I am ido The Hebrew Translator.

I wish you a nice stay.
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:23 am

Welcome! I am The Uteen the British English translator! I translate what I say from English to English... But it sometimes does nut do proper transmuting. It you find anything I say hard to sponge, that'll be the translator.

And I'm the team lead of the Sandbox Mode. In case you don't know what it is, it is, in short, the part of the game that will keep coders occupied when they are short of things to do.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:15 pm

The Uteen wrote:
Welcome! I am The Uteen the British English translator! I translate what I say from English to English... But it sometimes does nut do proper transmuting. It you find anything I say hard to sponge, that'll be the translator.

And I'm the team lead of the Sandbox Mode. In case you don't know what it is, it is, in short, the part of the game that will keep coders occupied when they are short of things to do.

Stop Bragging about your fancy Sandbox Role please.
Back to top Go down
BastianKraft
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Welcome on board ^^

Im the guy that comes by every once a week to see how progress is going.
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:55 pm

ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:

But that's the only turnip I have to brag about other than my miscellaneous minor contributions of ideas and rice-cream.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Welcome. I'm in charge here along with US of Alaska. PM us if you have any questions.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Biome Team Lead
Mysterious_Calligrapher

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 6:49 pm

I'm Calli. I run Biomes, though currently I'm running from biomes. I also seem to end up with anything related to chemistry, ecology, language or the kitchen sink. I also run the translation team that you can see bickering up above.

(Seriously guys, knock it off in the introduction threads, okay? You don't want to scare away the new kid, now do you?)

Welcome to our game. We always need more coders...
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:41 am

The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:

But that's the only turnip I have to brag about other than my miscellaneous minor contributions of ideas and rice-cream.

Well... most of us don't contribute nothing except some minor Ideas (like me).
that probably will not make it to the full game.
=
the truth is that A lot of us Just Slowing down the people that got a major Role (like sciocont, Roadkillguy, Calli, You, US of Alaska and Others) with our dumb Ideas
So it's Kind of depressing to be With no or minor Role (or to be with no useful Skill)
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:20 am

ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:

=
the truth is that A lot of us Just Slowing down the people that got a major Role (like sciocont, Roadkillguy, Calli, You, US of Alaska and Others) with our dumb Ideas
So it's Kind of depressing to be With no or minor Role (or to be with no useful Skill)
You've picked up the culture and work ethic around here pretty quickly. You're good to have because you want to organize things and make the game simple.
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:55 am

~sciocont wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:

=
You've picked up the culture and work ethic around here pretty quickly. You're good to have because you want to organize things and make the game simple.
All I generally do is contribute minor ideas/opinions. I wasn't trying to show off, it was just an introduction.

The wise Calli speaks truth, debates should be Thrive related. This will get nowhere except page 2 of the welcome thread... That would make a rather disappointing welcome thread, really. And as Scio said, you are a good member. Quite a few only stuck around a few days.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:44 pm

The Uteen wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:

=
All I generally do is contribute minor ideas/opinions. I wasn't trying to show off, it was just an introduction.

The wise Calli speaks truth, debates should be Thrive related. This will get nowhere except page 2 of the welcome thread... That would make a rather disappointing welcome thread, really. And as Scio said, you are a good member. Quite a few only stuck around a few days.

Thank you.
I'm Just Loyal to this community.
And I'm Not Going to Leave even If progress Will stop (Not like Bashi)
I'm sorry if I insulted you.
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:21 pm

ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:

=

Thank you.
It's okay.

And we got an epic quote box out of it.

And I'm using new lines to make it even longer...

But now it will end... It was in vain...

Now... Back to the welcoming... Feel free to quote this if you want Scio to grab a pitchfork and go on a rampage wish...
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:51 pm

The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:

=

Thank you.
It's okay.

And we got an epic quote box out of it.

And I'm using new lines to make it even longer...

But now it will end... It was in vain...

Now... Back to the welcoming... Feel free to quote this if you want Scio to grab a pitchfork and go on a rampage wish...

Sico Just need to lock this topic
Back to top Go down
lbrewer
Newcomer
lbrewer

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:58 pm

not before i wish Dr evilification a very very warm welcome, and say that my name is lbrewer and at the moment i am working on modeling all the function parts and odd jobs around the place.

Last edited by lbrewer on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:11 pm

I know Scio has promised to shoot you if you ever continue with the quote walls, but as the resident military guy I can do it too.

Seriously guys, stop it.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:32 pm

Commander Keen wrote:
I know Scio has promised to shoot you if you ever continue with the quote walls, but as the resident military guy I can do it too.

Seriously guys, stop it.
New user (I can program in c++) Point_blank_by_sciocont-d3gv8ni
^Keen IRL
Back to top Go down
dr_evilification

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:04 pm

So, what can I do to help right now?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:21 pm

dr_evilification wrote:
So, what can I do to help right now?
Ask roadkill what you can help him with if you want to learn some C++
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:10 pm

ido66667 wrote:
People wrote:
-Insert quote tower here- -Or don't, actually, that would be a very, very bad idea-
*facepalm* Even worse, Scio drew a picture at us! We're done for now!

*Runs off into the distance*

*Runs back out of the distance*

Hang on...
~sciocont wrote:
Also, if you two quote stack to that extent ever again, I'll shoot you both.
It wasn't actually to that extent... Surely that means we're safe... Oh, wait, it was Keen threatening to shoot us both this time! We're not safe at all!

*Runs off into the distance again*
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:16 pm

The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
People wrote:
-Insert quote tower here- -Or don't, actually, that would be a very, very bad idea-
*facepalm* Even worse, Scio drew a picture at us! We're done for now!

*Runs off into the distance*

*Runs back out of the distance*

Hang on...
~sciocont wrote:
Also, if you two quote stack to that extent ever again, I'll shoot you both.
It wasn't actually to that extent... Surely that means we're safe... Oh, wait, it was Keen threatening to shoot us both this time! We're not safe at all!

*Runs off into the distance again*

Jeez We ARE going off topic Again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   New user (I can program in c++) Empty

Back to top Go down

New user (I can program in c++)
Page 1 of 1