Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
New Posts
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
by NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
by NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
by crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
by tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
by NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
by NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
by crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
by The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
by crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
by MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
by tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
by tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
by Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Translator to Serbian here
by Simeartherist Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:36 am

» Presentation
by Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
by crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
by Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
by Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
by Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
by TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm


Share | 
 

 New user (I can program in c++)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dr_evilification



Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-11-04
Location : 36° 52' 0 S, 174° 46' 0 E

PostSubject: New user (I can program in c++)   Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi, I can do some programming in C++ and make simple models on blender (e.g. A rock)
This project looks very interesting and I cannot wait to see what it looks like when finished!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roadkillguy
Experienced


Posts : 528
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 23
Location : Rhode Island

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Cool. Have you used mercurial? Any repositories at all?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dr_evilification



Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-11-04
Location : 36° 52' 0 S, 174° 46' 0 E

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:35 am

No I haven't, sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead


Posts : 1123
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:44 am

Don't worry, it's nothing hard. I suggest grabbing TortoiseHg as a client if you are on Windows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dr_evilification



Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-11-04
Location : 36° 52' 0 S, 174° 46' 0 E

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:55 am

Which version of it? Version 2.2, Windows 64 bit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ido66667
Regular


Posts : 366
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 102
Location : Space - Time

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:31 am

Hello
dr_evilification ( Nice name)

I am ido The Hebrew Translator.

I wish you a nice stay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead


Posts : 1476
Reputation : 70
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 20
Location : England, Virgo Supercluster

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:23 am

Welcome! I am The Uteen the British English translator! I translate what I say from English to English... But it sometimes does nut do proper transmuting. It you find anything I say hard to sponge, that'll be the translator.

And I'm the team lead of the Sandbox Mode. In case you don't know what it is, it is, in short, the part of the game that will keep coders occupied when they are short of things to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ido66667
Regular


Posts : 366
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 102
Location : Space - Time

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:15 pm

The Uteen wrote:
Welcome! I am The Uteen the British English translator! I translate what I say from English to English... But it sometimes does nut do proper transmuting. It you find anything I say hard to sponge, that'll be the translator.

And I'm the team lead of the Sandbox Mode. In case you don't know what it is, it is, in short, the part of the game that will keep coders occupied when they are short of things to do.

Stop Bragging about your fancy Sandbox Role please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BastianKraft
Newcomer


Posts : 71
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-22
Age : 23
Location : Bavaria, Germany

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Welcome on board ^^

Im the guy that comes by every once a week to see how progress is going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead


Posts : 1476
Reputation : 70
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 20
Location : England, Virgo Supercluster

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:55 pm

ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
Welcome! I am The Uteen the British English translator! I translate what I say from English to English... But it sometimes does nut do proper transmuting. It you find anything I say hard to sponge, that'll be the translator.

And I'm the team lead of the Sandbox Mode. In case you don't know what it is, it is, in short, the part of the game that will keep coders occupied when they are short of things to do.

Stop Bragging about your fancy Sandbox Role please.
But that's the only turnip I have to brag about other than my miscellaneous minor contributions of ideas and rice-cream.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead


Posts : 3406
Reputation : 138
Join date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Welcome. I'm in charge here along with US of Alaska. PM us if you have any questions.

_________________
Remember our goals: simplicity, science, and playability. Keep them in mind always.
[OE]|[FAQ]|[Wiki]|[My Blog]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Biome Team Lead


Posts : 1034
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 24
Location : Earth, the solar system, the milky way...

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:49 pm

I'm Calli. I run Biomes, though currently I'm running from biomes. I also seem to end up with anything related to chemistry, ecology, language or the kitchen sink. I also run the translation team that you can see bickering up above.

(Seriously guys, knock it off in the introduction threads, okay? You don't want to scare away the new kid, now do you?)

Welcome to our game. We always need more coders...

_________________
Environmental, Chemical and Linguistic Specialist.
If you speak or write any language that isn't English, we want you.
Now accepting biome donations here.

Please note that there is no currently scheduled time for panic.

Not actually ascended to another plane of existence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ido66667
Regular


Posts : 366
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 102
Location : Space - Time

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:41 am

The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
Welcome! I am The Uteen the British English translator! I translate what I say from English to English... But it sometimes does nut do proper transmuting. It you find anything I say hard to sponge, that'll be the translator.

And I'm the team lead of the Sandbox Mode. In case you don't know what it is, it is, in short, the part of the game that will keep coders occupied when they are short of things to do.

Stop Bragging about your fancy Sandbox Role please.
But that's the only turnip I have to brag about other than my miscellaneous minor contributions of ideas and rice-cream.

Well... most of us don't contribute nothing except some minor Ideas (like me).
that probably will not make it to the full game.
=
the truth is that A lot of us Just Slowing down the people that got a major Role (like sciocont, Roadkillguy, Calli, You, US of Alaska and Others) with our dumb Ideas
So it's Kind of depressing to be With no or minor Role (or to be with no useful Skill)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead


Posts : 3406
Reputation : 138
Join date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:20 am

ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
Welcome! I am The Uteen the British English translator! I translate what I say from English to English... But it sometimes does nut do proper transmuting. It you find anything I say hard to sponge, that'll be the translator.

And I'm the team lead of the Sandbox Mode. In case you don't know what it is, it is, in short, the part of the game that will keep coders occupied when they are short of things to do.

Stop Bragging about your fancy Sandbox Role please.
But that's the only turnip I have to brag about other than my miscellaneous minor contributions of ideas and rice-cream.

Well... most of us don't contribute nothing except some minor Ideas (like me).
that probably will not make it to the full game.
=
the truth is that A lot of us Just Slowing down the people that got a major Role (like sciocont, Roadkillguy, Calli, You, US of Alaska and Others) with our dumb Ideas
So it's Kind of depressing to be With no or minor Role (or to be with no useful Skill)
You've picked up the culture and work ethic around here pretty quickly. You're good to have because you want to organize things and make the game simple.

_________________
Remember our goals: simplicity, science, and playability. Keep them in mind always.
[OE]|[FAQ]|[Wiki]|[My Blog]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead


Posts : 1476
Reputation : 70
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 20
Location : England, Virgo Supercluster

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:55 am

~sciocont wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
Welcome! I am The Uteen the British English translator! I translate what I say from English to English... But it sometimes does nut do proper transmuting. It you find anything I say hard to sponge, that'll be the translator.

And I'm the team lead of the Sandbox Mode. In case you don't know what it is, it is, in short, the part of the game that will keep coders occupied when they are short of things to do.

Stop Bragging about your fancy Sandbox Role please.
But that's the only turnip I have to brag about other than my miscellaneous minor contributions of ideas and rice-cream.

Well... most of us don't contribute nothing except some minor Ideas (like me).
that probably will not make it to the full game.
=
the truth is that A lot of us Just Slowing down the people that got a major Role (like sciocont, Roadkillguy, Calli, You, US of Alaska and Others) with our dumb Ideas
So it's Kind of depressing to be With no or minor Role (or to be with no useful Skill)
You've picked up the culture and work ethic around here pretty quickly. You're good to have because you want to organize things and make the game simple.
All I generally do is contribute minor ideas/opinions. I wasn't trying to show off, it was just an introduction.

The wise Calli speaks truth, debates should be Thrive related. This will get nowhere except page 2 of the welcome thread... That would make a rather disappointing welcome thread, really. And as Scio said, you are a good member. Quite a few only stuck around a few days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ido66667
Regular


Posts : 366
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 102
Location : Space - Time

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:44 pm

The Uteen wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
Welcome! I am The Uteen the British English translator! I translate what I say from English to English... But it sometimes does nut do proper transmuting. It you find anything I say hard to sponge, that'll be the translator.

And I'm the team lead of the Sandbox Mode. In case you don't know what it is, it is, in short, the part of the game that will keep coders occupied when they are short of things to do.

Stop Bragging about your fancy Sandbox Role please.
But that's the only turnip I have to brag about other than my miscellaneous minor contributions of ideas and rice-cream.

Well... most of us don't contribute nothing except some minor Ideas (like me).
that probably will not make it to the full game.
=
the truth is that A lot of us Just Slowing down the people that got a major Role (like sciocont, Roadkillguy, Calli, You, US of Alaska and Others) with our dumb Ideas
So it's Kind of depressing to be With no or minor Role (or to be with no useful Skill)
You've picked up the culture and work ethic around here pretty quickly. You're good to have because you want to organize things and make the game simple.
All I generally do is contribute minor ideas/opinions. I wasn't trying to show off, it was just an introduction.

The wise Calli speaks truth, debates should be Thrive related. This will get nowhere except page 2 of the welcome thread... That would make a rather disappointing welcome thread, really. And as Scio said, you are a good member. Quite a few only stuck around a few days.


Thank you.
I'm Just Loyal to this community.
And I'm Not Going to Leave even If progress Will stop (Not like Bashi)
I'm sorry if I insulted you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead


Posts : 1476
Reputation : 70
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 20
Location : England, Virgo Supercluster

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:21 pm

ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
Welcome! I am The Uteen the British English translator! I translate what I say from English to English... But it sometimes does nut do proper transmuting. It you find anything I say hard to sponge, that'll be the translator.

And I'm the team lead of the Sandbox Mode. In case you don't know what it is, it is, in short, the part of the game that will keep coders occupied when they are short of things to do.

Stop Bragging about your fancy Sandbox Role please.
But that's the only turnip I have to brag about other than my miscellaneous minor contributions of ideas and rice-cream.

Well... most of us don't contribute nothing except some minor Ideas (like me).
that probably will not make it to the full game.
=
the truth is that A lot of us Just Slowing down the people that got a major Role (like sciocont, Roadkillguy, Calli, You, US of Alaska and Others) with our dumb Ideas
So it's Kind of depressing to be With no or minor Role (or to be with no useful Skill)
You've picked up the culture and work ethic around here pretty quickly. You're good to have because you want to organize things and make the game simple.
All I generally do is contribute minor ideas/opinions. I wasn't trying to show off, it was just an introduction.

The wise Calli speaks truth, debates should be Thrive related. This will get nowhere except page 2 of the welcome thread... That would make a rather disappointing welcome thread, really. And as Scio said, you are a good member. Quite a few only stuck around a few days.


Thank you.
I'm Just Loyal to this community.
And I'm Not Going to Leave even If progress Will stop (Not like Bashi)
I'm sorry if I insulted you.
It's okay.

And we got an epic quote box out of it.

And I'm using new lines to make it even longer...

But now it will end... It was in vain...

Now... Back to the welcoming... Feel free to quote this if you want Scio to grab a pitchfork and go on a rampage wish...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ido66667
Regular


Posts : 366
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 102
Location : Space - Time

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:51 pm

The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
Welcome! I am The Uteen the British English translator! I translate what I say from English to English... But it sometimes does nut do proper transmuting. It you find anything I say hard to sponge, that'll be the translator.

And I'm the team lead of the Sandbox Mode. In case you don't know what it is, it is, in short, the part of the game that will keep coders occupied when they are short of things to do.

Stop Bragging about your fancy Sandbox Role please.
But that's the only turnip I have to brag about other than my miscellaneous minor contributions of ideas and rice-cream.

Well... most of us don't contribute nothing except some minor Ideas (like me).
that probably will not make it to the full game.
=
the truth is that A lot of us Just Slowing down the people that got a major Role (like sciocont, Roadkillguy, Calli, You, US of Alaska and Others) with our dumb Ideas
So it's Kind of depressing to be With no or minor Role (or to be with no useful Skill)
You've picked up the culture and work ethic around here pretty quickly. You're good to have because you want to organize things and make the game simple.
All I generally do is contribute minor ideas/opinions. I wasn't trying to show off, it was just an introduction.

The wise Calli speaks truth, debates should be Thrive related. This will get nowhere except page 2 of the welcome thread... That would make a rather disappointing welcome thread, really. And as Scio said, you are a good member. Quite a few only stuck around a few days.


Thank you.
I'm Just Loyal to this community.
And I'm Not Going to Leave even If progress Will stop (Not like Bashi)
I'm sorry if I insulted you.
It's okay.

And we got an epic quote box out of it.

And I'm using new lines to make it even longer...

But now it will end... It was in vain...

Now... Back to the welcoming... Feel free to quote this if you want Scio to grab a pitchfork and go on a rampage wish...


Sico Just need to lock this topic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lbrewer
Newcomer


Posts : 56
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-11-04

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:58 pm


not before i wish Dr evilification a very very warm welcome, and say that my name is lbrewer and at the moment i am working on modeling all the function parts and odd jobs around the place.


Last edited by lbrewer on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead


Posts : 1123
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:11 pm

I know Scio has promised to shoot you if you ever continue with the quote walls, but as the resident military guy I can do it too.

Seriously guys, stop it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead


Posts : 3406
Reputation : 138
Join date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:32 pm

Commander Keen wrote:
I know Scio has promised to shoot you if you ever continue with the quote walls, but as the resident military guy I can do it too.

Seriously guys, stop it.

^Keen IRL

_________________
Remember our goals: simplicity, science, and playability. Keep them in mind always.
[OE]|[FAQ]|[Wiki]|[My Blog]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dr_evilification



Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-11-04
Location : 36° 52' 0 S, 174° 46' 0 E

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:04 pm

So, what can I do to help right now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead


Posts : 3406
Reputation : 138
Join date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:21 pm

dr_evilification wrote:
So, what can I do to help right now?
Ask roadkill what you can help him with if you want to learn some C++

_________________
Remember our goals: simplicity, science, and playability. Keep them in mind always.
[OE]|[FAQ]|[Wiki]|[My Blog]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead


Posts : 1476
Reputation : 70
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 20
Location : England, Virgo Supercluster

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:10 pm

ido66667 wrote:
People wrote:
-Insert quote tower here- -Or don't, actually, that would be a very, very bad idea-
Sico Just need to lock this topic
*facepalm* Even worse, Scio drew a picture at us! We're done for now!

*Runs off into the distance*


*Runs back out of the distance*

Hang on...
~sciocont wrote:
Also, if you two quote stack to that extent ever again, I'll shoot you both.
It wasn't actually to that extent... Surely that means we're safe... Oh, wait, it was Keen threatening to shoot us both this time! We're not safe at all!

*Runs off into the distance again*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ido66667
Regular


Posts : 366
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 102
Location : Space - Time

PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:16 pm

The Uteen wrote:
ido66667 wrote:
People wrote:
-Insert quote tower here- -Or don't, actually, that would be a very, very bad idea-
Sico Just need to lock this topic
*facepalm* Even worse, Scio drew a picture at us! We're done for now!

*Runs off into the distance*


*Runs back out of the distance*

Hang on...
~sciocont wrote:
Also, if you two quote stack to that extent ever again, I'll shoot you both.
It wasn't actually to that extent... Surely that means we're safe... Oh, wait, it was Keen threatening to shoot us both this time! We're not safe at all!

*Runs off into the distance again*



Jeez We ARE going off topic Again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New user (I can program in c++)   Today at 1:44 am

Back to top Go down
 
New user (I can program in c++)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thrive Game Development :: Development :: Get Involved-
Jump to: