Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Permissions Restructuring Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Permissions Restructuring

Go down 
AuthorMessage
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Permissions Restructuring Empty
PostPermissions Restructuring

As of a few days ago, we have begun to implement a new permissions structure that should help us with productivity as we continue to build microbe stages. The majority of the forums are now closed to new members, and only accessible to members who fall into the "developers" group. Previously, this group was accessible by obtaining a post count of 20, but now this has changed.
Admission to the "developers" group will now be based on an application process, the details of which are currently under scrutiny. The "introductions" subforum will be a space to provide your application. Those who present applications that our mods and admins find to be interesting will be communicated with and added tom the developers group to work on the game. Admissions will be reviewed periodically, most likely on a weekly basis.

Anyone currently in the "developers" group who does not contribute towards the game will be moved back out of the group, but all are welcome to reapply to gain developer privileges again.

~sciocont
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Permissions Restructuring :: Comments

MirrorMonkey2
Re: Permissions Restructuring
Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:53 pm by MirrorMonkey2
One one hand I'm sad because I won't be able to participate anymore, but I think this is a huge and necessary step towards more professional developing. (I'm not saying it wasn't professional until now.) And maybe this will encourage fans to get into moddeling, coding, composing or whatever. Overall I second this, even if it's going to restrict the freedom of most users.
~sciocont
Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:14 pm by ~sciocont
MirrorMonkey2 wrote:
One one hand I'm sad because I won't be able to participate anymore, but I think this is a huge and necessary step towards more professional developing. (I'm not saying it wasn't professional until now.) And maybe this will encourage fans to get into moddeling, coding, composing or whatever. Overall I second this, even if it's going to restrict the freedom of most users.
You can always apply for admittance to the Developers group. If you have what we need and have been helpful in the past, it's likely you will be admitted.
Tarpy
Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:36 pm by Tarpy
I, for one, am relatively happy for the changes here. I always thought that the 20 mark was way, way too low and that admittance to the developer group should be based on productivity, not post count(some troll can easily spam messages and thus get elevated privileges).

When will the changes take effect?
NickTheNick
Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:26 pm by NickTheNick
The changes have already been implemented. The thing is, I feel like its a good change because it doesnt hinder anyone of the productive users, because they will get accepted anyway, but this way users who cannot develop cannot use the forums as a community fan site.
The Creator
Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:20 pm by The Creator
I couldn't find the introduction subforum, can someone please send me a link?
Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:19 pm by EurhythmicStarfish
So...what exactly constitutes "developing content/productivity?" I get that sitting on the forums and chatting all day isn't exactly developer-worthy, but I'm interested in what needs doing as far as game development goes. What qualifies a person to be a developer? What kind of a skillset would you need/ideally have to be a developer?
Thriving Cheese
Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:59 pm by Thriving Cheese
EurhythmicStarfish wrote:
So...what exactly constitutes "developing content/productivity?" I get that sitting on the forums and chatting all day isn't exactly developer-worthy, but I'm interested in what needs doing as far as game development goes. What qualifies a person to be a developer? What kind of a skillset would you need/ideally have to be a developer?
Ideall are skills in, I.e. programming (C and lua specificly), 3D modelling, 2d art, music composition, sound effects, etc.
NickTheNick
Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:34 pm by NickTheNick
EurhythmicStarfish wrote:

Have you not read the READ BEFORE POSTING thread at all? Read that first, you are supposed to do that before posting.
Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:40 am by EurhythmicStarfish
NickTheNick wrote:

Have you not read the READ BEFORE POSTING thread at all? Read that first, you are supposed to do that before posting.

Yes, I understand the skillsets required, but I'm just wondering what needs doing as far as concept art/modelling/ etc. How do I know what to use my skills on? Should I make an entire animatic of Multicellular Gameplay (way beyond me, mind you) just to prove my worth?
moopli
Post Thu May 15, 2014 9:01 pm by moopli
Thank you so much. As a programmer who would love nothing more than to actually get coding, the cavalier attitude this forum (or at least the necroposting that plagues every. single. thread.) often shows towards technical details makes me physically sick. Literally.. Seeing this though, I think I'll be able to stick around this time.

...as long as the github doesn't get flooded with more of the same, anyway *cough*.
Scottnov
Post Thu May 15, 2014 11:10 pm by Scottnov
Oh, darn. I really wanted to help keep this place more active.
Guess you won't hear from me for a while.
crovea
Post Sat May 17, 2014 9:00 am by crovea
Really I think you are doing good work Scottnov, I don't feel you are part of any problem.
Post  by Sponsored content

Permissions Restructuring

Page 1 of 1