Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread]

Go down 
+3
Commander Keen
Noitulove
FrogEmpire
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FrogEmpire
Newcomer
FrogEmpire

Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Empty
PostSubject: Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread]   Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 6:47 am

Hello. I posted a few of my ideas in the Sporum thread, but i have a feeling some of them may be *outdated*. I have lots of somewhat great ideas which I will share with you lot... if you'll *take me onboard*.

What I have:

-Ideas in general
-Lists of awesome music
-DarkBasic Game Development Kit - The whole works
-No experience in programming whatsoever
-Enthusiasm/Wild Imagination/Always wanted to make a game

I'd love to make the game soundtrack if anyone knows some sort of music editor/creator program for windows. I know mac has the awesome garageband, but unfortunately, I don't have mac

I love Frogs.

I also love sci-fi and aliens and all that stufferooney so I'll most likely contribute alot to the space stage of the game.

If it is true that Sketchup can be used as a modelling program I'd also love to do some modeling! I'm not that experienced at modeling, though so... yeah.

I could also do some concept art [maybe - unlikely though] as well as 'border art', that is, the 2d heads up display in almost any game. I could maybe do some sort of prototypes of the HUD or something...

One last idea of mine [for this thread/post]. In Civ stage, we could have the option of going for power sources ect that damage the environment [like humans using coals and all that jazz] that has a huge and very tempting up side, like quick advancing in technology, rapid expansion or whatever, but at the expense of eventully destroying the planet. So the tech tree could have two main sub sections - power over sustainablility.
Back to top Go down
Noitulove
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread]   Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:43 am

FrogEmpire wrote:
Hello. I posted a few of my ideas in the Sporum thread, but i have a feeling some of them may be *outdated*. I have lots of somewhat great ideas which I will share with you lot... if you'll *take me onboard*.

Welcome!

What I have:

-Ideas in general
-Lists of awesome music

Made by yourself? Your friends? Or other people?

-DarkBasic Game Development Kit - The whole works

Heard of this.. sadly, I'm pretty sure we're making our own engine from scratch. On the upside that means awesome graphics and gameplay, specialized just for us! You can still share ideas, anyway.

-No experience in programming whatsoever

It's alright. At least we have another member on board.

-Enthusiasm/Wild Imagination/Always wanted to make a game

Interesting.

I'd love to make the game soundtrack if anyone knows some sort of music editor/creator program for windows. I know mac has the awesome garageband, but unfortunately, I don't have mac

If you do a bit of searching around you'll probably find one.

I love Frogs.

Seemed obvious.

I also love sci-fi and aliens and all that stufferooney so I'll most likely contribute alot to the space stage of the game.

Good! I think the game could be sci-fi oriented in some instances. But for the most part it's a sim.

If it is true that Sketchup can be used as a modelling program I'd also love to do some modeling! I'm not that experienced at modeling, though so... yeah.

Well, in truth most buildings, or angular/manufactured objects overall in-game, are planned to be generated procedurally with parameters set in to determine a species' architectural style (is it round? Vertical? Horizontal? Does it float or have lots of green lights?)

I could also do some concept art [maybe - unlikely though] as well as 'border art', that is, the 2d heads up display in almost any game. I could maybe do some sort of prototypes of the HUD or something...

Hmm.. sounds like something we'd like to see (I'm probably not the only one)!

One last idea of mine [for this thread/post]. In Civ stage, we could have the option of going for power sources ect that damage the environment [like humans using coals and all that jazz] that has a huge and very tempting up side, like quick advancing in technology, rapid expansion or whatever, but at the expense of eventully destroying the planet. So the tech tree could have two main sub sections - power over sustainablility.

Sounds like something we might want to explore further.

So there's my comments. All in all, welcome to the Thrive project!
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread]   Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:45 am

Welcome FrogEmpire! Feel free to post any ideas you might have.

Unfortunately, we are not using Sketchup, as we can't integrate it effectively into the game.

As to your last idea, it would probably take a while until the species would realize fossil fuels are dangerous and ecology could kick in.
Back to top Go down
Tenebrarum
Society Team Lead
Tenebrarum

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread]   Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:47 am

First off: Welcome!

Secondly:
Noitulove wrote:
Well, in truth most buildings, or angular/manufactured objects overall in-game, are planned to be generated procedurally with parameters set in to determine a species' architectural style (is it round? Vertical? Horizontal? Does it float or have lots of green lights?)

Uhhhh... No. There is still no true AI, and as such no computer generated building would have ANY consistant aesthetic appeal.
Back to top Go down
Noitulove
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread]   Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:36 am

Tenebrarum wrote:
First off: Welcome!

Secondly:
Noitulove wrote:

Uhhhh... No. There is still no true AI, and as such no computer generated building would have ANY consistant aesthetic appeal.

Ooh.

Darn.

It'd be a pain to design everything by hand but, thinking about it, it'd really pay off.

But think of how many buildings there are in the world.
Back to top Go down
Xenopologist
Learner

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread]   Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Commander Keen wrote:
Unfortunately, we are not using Sketchup, as we can't integrate it effectively into the game.

Still, maybe we could use it for 3D concept art? Nothing to be used in the actual game, but some basic ideas "sketched out" in 3D.

@FrogEmpire: Welcome to Thrive!
Back to top Go down
FrogEmpire
Newcomer
FrogEmpire

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread]   Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 6:19 pm

Thanks guys...

@Noitulove: The music's just by other companies [ppl like Audiomachine, X-Ray-Dog] just for some ideas we could use when we make our own or something. Also, I did once find this decent music making program but it was basically just sticking pre-made pieces of music together, like in garageband when you are using the loops. I made a few songs on that but they aren't that... flashy.
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread]   Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 3:05 am

Noitulove wrote:
It'd be a pain to design everything by hand but, thinking about it, it'd really pay off.

But think of how many buildings there are in the world.

That's why we have set that there will be template buildings provided by us, with random variations provided by the computer.

Back to top Go down
FrogEmpire
Newcomer
FrogEmpire

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread]   Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:36 am

I made some concept soundtrack tracks and posted them in the music section. Please, have a listen and tell me what you think!
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread]   Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 1:27 am

It appears i have missed the party, but welcome nonetheless!
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread]   Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 9:42 pm

I second Alaska's notion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread]   Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread] Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Guys! [I posted in the Sporum Thread]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thrive Game Development :: Development :: Get Involved-
Jump to: