Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Concept video with first prototype microbe stage

Go down 
+6
MeowMan1
Commander Keen
~sciocont
roadkillguy
Theusfilipe
Doggit
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Empty
PostSubject: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Theusfilipe
Newcomer
Theusfilipe

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Wait, the prototype here doesn't have this menu nor the Thrive logo in the beggining... Is this the prototype with the AI?
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:54 pm

Theusfilipe wrote:
Wait, the prototype here doesn't have this menu nor the Thrive logo in the beggining... Is this the prototype with the AI?

No, I just glued the two videos
Back to top Go down
roadkillguy
Experienced
roadkillguy

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 9:40 am

We should really attempt to merge the two codebases... They're unfortunately two separate projects written by me and keen respectively.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:43 pm

roadkillguy wrote:
We should really attempt to merge the two codebases... They're unfortunately two separate projects written by me and keen respectively.
I'd be quite happy if you guys did that.
Also, anything you'd like to report on your work?
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Merging them shouldn't be anything hard, the architecture I used is not that different from yours and I still have that SFML ported version of your base.

Quote :

Nothing interesting from me.
Back to top Go down
roadkillguy
Experienced
roadkillguy

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:59 pm

~sciocont wrote:

I'm better than ever at c++?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 8:04 pm

roadkillguy wrote:
~sciocont wrote:

I'm better than ever at c++?
I love you more than ever, then.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:55 am

Sounds like something big is going to happen for....The Microbial Phase! As I and I believe a few others call it, this all sounds like good news, especially if Sciocont says he loves someone it's got to be great news!
I will ask my twin brother how to upload videos to Youtube, since I honestly have not done such thing a long time, just incase there is any need to do so, for this topic, or any other topic, maybe once we want to get the word out how it's going so far "but even with this great news, I doubt now, dare I say." Maybe once we have some AI in, Doggit could add the music to the new AI cell prototype, and I could post a video, or someone else could and probably would share it on the wiki, since I cannot get there because I have never actually been to our wiki, and my computer gets messed up sometimes whenever I got to wikipedia.
sorry for the long message, just very happy right now.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:43 am

Remember, we're keeping this under lock and key for a while. no one outside of these forums should see the prototype at this stage.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:48 am

Actually I said, I doubt that we would share it now, probably later, so I meant once we have the Microbial Phase, at a graphical, level: as good as we can get, so far, at a fun level: Really fun, at a scientific level: very scientific level: VERY scientific, like we want to be, and finally: at a playablility level: not too many glitches, after all, we will release the game in each phase, one by one, so with each new stage there will be even more glitches.
at a good version, just not quite finished, like a beta version I meant.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 5:05 pm

~sciocont wrote:
Remember, we're keeping this under lock and key for a while. no one outside of these forums should see the prototype at this stage.

Yes i know this video is private
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 7:34 pm

So, what now?
Back to top Go down
Grep42
Newcomer
Grep42

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 8:32 pm

I'm no programmer, but it looks great! Just need to give those circils minds of their own and your finished.
Back to top Go down
uverion
Newcomer
uverion

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:29 am

(This codebase + AI and everythign else) * epic visuals / Ogre engine = Epic microbe stage
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:42 pm

other than better graphics, and AI, I doubt we'll need antything else.
Really though, graphics are a very serious thing to me, just saying.
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:53 am

MeowMan1 wrote:
other than better graphics, and AI, I doubt we'll need antything else.
Really though, graphics are a very serious thing to me, just saying.
True, however remember the microbe current concept - we also still need assimilation, proto-cells, cell features (walls, vacuoles, etc), environmental hazards (pH, temperature), natural obstacles, and a GUI. Oh, and to include all the proto-cells & cell features we'll need to program in multicellular (i.e. the rest of the game).

But good graphics are important.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Very true.
Sorry, but what is Gui, I kinda forgot, and google's not workin' for me right now, so I can't look it up, right now
Back to top Go down
roadkillguy
Experienced
roadkillguy

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 6:38 pm

MeowMan1 wrote:
Very true.
Sorry, but what is Gui, I kinda forgot, and google's not workin' for me right now, so I can't look it up, right now

Graphical User Interface. Google wasn't working?

Will someone please inform me how we will represent assimilation with a single sprite?
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 6:48 pm

I know right, out of all things, google just stopped workin'....
anyways, how are the other microbes going to attack You?
Do cell's have "dare I say Weapons", at all, I remembered that from the spore beta, but this isn't spore, so how will other cells attck You?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:26 pm

roadkillguy wrote:
MeowMan1 wrote:
Very true.

Graphical User Interface. Google wasn't working?

Will someone please inform me how we will represent assimilation with a single sprite?
Shiiii-
Ideally we were going to release this 3D so I didn't htink much of this problem. I'm really not an expert on anything 2d, but just to go out on a limb I'd say that, for nutrients, we move the consumed sprite onto a lower layer and paste a "vescicle" sprite over it inside of the cell that absorbed it until the nutrient dissolves (by lowering its transparency to 0 and then being deleted). For things that get assimilated, once they get into the vescicle, we open up the cell editor to show then what they've gained and let the player decide how to fit it into the cell.
If that wasn't useful, perhaps we can learn more from other games- I'm sure someone has done something of the sort before. Meanwhile, here's the wikipedia page for phagocytosis, the phenomena we're trying to replicate.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:31 am

sounds interesting, I'll try to read that, but my computer, again is going a lil' nuts here
Back to top Go down
roadkillguy
Experienced
roadkillguy

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 6:05 pm

Are we planning on absorbing other cells?
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 6:19 pm

I think so, also sounds fun.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:39 pm

roadkillguy wrote:
Are we planning on absorbing other cells?
We will be absorbing the protocells as part of endosymbiosis. Other cells will be absorbed as well, but probably broken up first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concept video with first prototype microbe stage   Concept video with first prototype microbe stage Empty

Back to top Go down

Concept video with first prototype microbe stage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next