Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
More ideas to make your brain hurt! Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

More ideas to make your brain hurt!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Orygandian2
Newcomer

Location : In the middle of nowhere, calling for pizza delivery.

More ideas to make your brain hurt! Empty
PostSubject: More ideas to make your brain hurt!   More ideas to make your brain hurt! EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:14 pm

I've seen people talking about a "Thrivapedia" like the Sporepedia, but there was never really a true answer for weather or not it would be implemented, or at least not one that I've seen. So, would it be put in?

Second, WHO is the leading person here? Is it sciocont? or is it the mighty ADMIN? (I'm gonna guess ADMIN, but sciocont IS the overall team lead..)

Third, something about ascension. I saw that people were going to have the "Powers" like brushes with sliders, and I like that idea, but I don't remember seeing something that could make peoples lives way easier: a drag tool.
It would be easier to throw a former enemies planet into a nearby black hole by just dragging the planet there, as opposed to using points of gravity to get it there. (I would love to practically play golf with another races planet. )
Also, would you be able to make your own "material form"? You know, make an animal that you could play as or send to a planet that would, well, do something? (kill everything, send a message, destroy a planet, etc...)
Back to top Go down
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Biome Team Lead
Mysterious_Calligrapher

PostSubject: Re: More ideas to make your brain hurt!   More ideas to make your brain hurt! EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Ascension is on the list of "Contentious things we never reached a consensus on, and have no idea how to do yet anyway."

Sciocont is ADMIN, because he made the site. We just don't invoke ADMIN's bug-crushing wrath very often, as the ADMIN only exists to smite the unworthy (like spambots.)

Thrivapedia is one of the things that got tossed around as an idea and then we realized that we didn't know exactly how we'd make it. A lot of hanging concepts are like that, especially ascension powers, which we still don't know how to implement. That's the problem with games - we can't physically make them as creative as the people who want to play them, because we can't program for every eventuality.

Back to top Go down
Orygandian2
Newcomer

Location : In the middle of nowhere, calling for pizza delivery.

PostSubject: Re: More ideas to make your brain hurt!   More ideas to make your brain hurt! EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Ah, I see. Ideas that we don't really know HOW to implement. Also, thanks for answering the ADMIN-sciocont question, ADMIN = sciocont with super-bug-smashing powers activated.

I have a one more idea for ascencion, but it is basically an editor for the "mortal form". I dunno why, but I just LOVE the idea of sending a giant worm through space to tunnel through a non-believers planet. Which brings me to another idea: If I'm supposed to be a god after ascension, can I have other races worship me? (this could also be for space stage. If you look at the spore 2006 demo, you'll see that it was in there. Sort of.)
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: More ideas to make your brain hurt!   More ideas to make your brain hurt! EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Thrive Content Library.
TCL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More ideas to make your brain hurt!   More ideas to make your brain hurt! Empty

Back to top Go down

More ideas to make your brain hurt!
Page 1 of 1