Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

How to Broadcast to the WORLD

Go down 
+5
Solveitman
GmansWatching
PTFace
Doggit
NickTheNick
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:04 am

PTFace wrote:
I also reccomend contacting deliciouscinnamon

Who is this guy?
Back to top Go down
GmansWatching
Newcomer
GmansWatching

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:01 pm

Tomorrow i go back to school so ill be able to talk to one of the coders.

Also, if youre going to let a youtuber announce Thrive. Pay attention to their audience. We wouldn't want trolls, idiots, etc kinds of people coming here.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Good point.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 1:24 am

I don't think that youtubers will really notice this game, I mean, How can they present a game that even not in alpha...
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:55 pm

ido66667 wrote:
I don't think that youtubers will really notice this game, I mean, How can they present a game that even not in alpha...
They could probably talk about how excited they are... But unless they're really good at making people excited about stuff (in a Steve Jobs sort of way), it might put people off.
We should wait until we have something that would make a good demo before we do this sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
GmansWatching
Newcomer
GmansWatching

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Id recommend before we make Thrive publicly known, we have a demo of the game like a stage or a concept video. Which would show the what the game would look and be like. Such as a microbe growing quickly into an organism, then that organism grows more and multiplies and makes a civilization and so on. If it is good enough, it would surely grab the public's attention. (being in a marketing class does help! )

Also, I told one of the coders about Thrive and he said he'd be glad to.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Very good point, but I think any time we take making a teaser video is time not spent making the Microbe Stage, so I think just an alpha of the Microbe Stage for fans to play would be much better.

Wonderful! I'll make sure to tell Seregon once this guy joins and hopefully he has the commitment to stay as a regular programmer. Great job GMan!

I hate to sound demanding, but what about the other 1-2 people? Any word yet?
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:04 am

NickTheNick wrote:
Very good point, but I think any time we take making a teaser video is time not spent making the Microbe Stage, so I think just an alpha of the Microbe Stage for fans to play would be much better.

Wonderful! I'll make sure to tell Seregon once this guy joins and hopefully he has the commitment to stay as a regular programmer. Great job GMan!

I hate to sound demanding, but what about the other 1-2 people? Any word yet?

Nick, Please note that programing is not magic... Canifex and Sergen ETA is 2 - 4 years to alpha and 5 - 7 years to first stable/
But, Still happy there is a new programer.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:33 am

It's not magic?! Don't tell me Santa isn't real either!

Seriously, I know that. However ETA 2-4 years is WAY longer than I think it would take to finish Microbe Stage Alpha. Btw, there are more programmers than Carnifex and Seregon (Note that that is the way to spell his name). We should be finished an alpha by tops a year from now...

Last edited by NickTheNick on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:38 am

NickTheNick wrote:
It's not magic?! Don't tell me Santa isn't real either!

Seriously, I know that. However ETA 2-4 years is WAY longer than I think it would take to finish Microbe Stage Alpha. Btw, there are more programmers than Carnifex and Seregon (Not that that is the way to spell his name). We should be finished an alpha by tops a year from now...

Well, Maybe, But It will be VERY BUGGY.
Not like the minecraft Alpha... Our alpha would probly will be Bearly playeable... So showing people a bunch of prototypes is not going to help, We need to make a conspect vido, Again.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:42 am

Not at all. By the end of one year we should have a solid Microbe Stage. That is if we go at the rate we are currently at. I prefer having decent gameplay to show other people than concept videos. We really need to concentrate what talents our team has on the game's development.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:54 am

NickTheNick wrote:
Not at all. By the end of one year we should have a solid Microbe Stage. That is if we go at the rate we are currently at. I prefer having decent gameplay to show other people than concept videos. We really need to concentrate what talents our team has on the game's development.

I would like to point out that programing IS VERY HARD.
And people don't work around the clock to finish the game...
Back to top Go down
Carnifex
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:00 am

It's not particularly nice to ask for my opinion (you asked me when I thought the game would be prototyped and/or finished) and claim it as fact on the forums.
Don't quote me on everything I say, I just joined the project and I am not a developer (yet) so I can only state my opinion on things. As for an ETA, does it really matter?
Either way, you can't expect such an elaborate game to be finished within a few years. We're writing the engine, the game's editors and the game itself which is a huge undertaking.
Even developing a simple engine can take several years to complete and then you still have to connect everything to the game's components and make it all run smoothly.

There's a lot more to it than most people think. That's all I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 12:24 pm

Carnifex wrote:
It's not particularly nice to ask for my opinion (you asked me when I thought the game would be prototyped and/or finished) and claim it as fact on the forums.
Don't quote me on everything I say, I just joined the project and I am not a developer (yet) so I can only state my opinion on things. As for an ETA, does it really matter?
Either way, you can't expect such an elaborate game to be finished within a few years. We're writing the engine, the game's editors and the game itself which is a huge undertaking.
Even developing a simple engine can take several years to complete and then you still have to connect everything to the game's components and make it all run smoothly.

There's a lot more to it than most people think. That's all I'm saying.

I just qouted you cus... You are kind of a pro at developing... To make a point, Developing is hard, It is not some magic, The dev don't have a C++ Wand, That why Sico said, no ETA, so let's just don't give any ETA.

BTW, Alpha virsiones are very buggy, Most times they are bearly playable.
The minecraft Alpha acted like a beta.

BTW, Think about it... What is thrive.
It is...
Sins of the solar empire + spore + simcity + Tons of science concepts + Rise of nations = Thrive.
If there is ETA, It will make you cry blood, We want to implent tons of ideas that people worked on countless years in other games... And we don't use our own engine, Add the fact that the budget is Zero, Are we Aiming to high?
Back to top Go down
GmansWatching
Newcomer
GmansWatching

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:12 pm

He'll inform me via facebook when he has made an account. I told a few others about Thrive and one of them creates music, another wrote said he could do HTML (i know nothing D: ) and others. All intrigued on the game ( you lost). I'll post here when they've joined the forum.

I also want to be able to assist more, since i dont feel as though im contributing enough or at all. :/
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:28 pm

Don't worry you've contributed greatly!

You're doing a wonderful job getting all these people!
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:05 am

GmansWatching wrote:
He'll inform me via facebook when he has made an account. I told a few others about Thrive and one of them creates music, another wrote said he could do HTML (i know nothing D: ) and others. All intrigued on the game ( you lost). I'll post here when they've joined the forum.

I also want to be able to assist more, since i dont feel as though im contributing enough or at all. :/

Who lost, I don't see any game in here.
BTW, Thanks for the effort, But I am not sure if it will complete the game.
We can't only count on youtubers.
Back to top Go down
GmansWatching
Newcomer
GmansWatching

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:00 pm

NickTheNick wrote:

But I want to do more than recruit people. It seems... purpose-less, its just me.

Also. @ido66667
http://losethegame.com/
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:23 am

GmansWatching wrote:
NickTheNick wrote:

But I want to do more than recruit people. It seems... purpose-less, its just me.

Also. @ido66667
http://losethegame.com/

Please note that people lose the game when they think about it, I did not thought about the game first, you did...
The game is a universal game, everybody play it, You can not win the game, If you lose it, you still play it, but you did lose it once...

Anywho, Your game is childlish, so... Please, be mature.
Back to top Go down
GmansWatching
Newcomer
GmansWatching

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:28 am

Anyways, my friend checked out our forums and is intrigued. He either has an account and is wandering about the forums or hasn't made one yet.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:18 am

GmansWatching wrote:
Anyways, my friend checked out our forums and is intrigued. He either has an account and is wandering about the forums or hasn't made one yet.

Hope he will create one, But I did not see any new welcome threads Lately, Exept Silver Sterling.
Back to top Go down
GmansWatching
Newcomer
GmansWatching

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:04 pm

He thought we would steal his IP lol. I convinced him otherwise. He'll be with us shortly
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:27 am

GmansWatching wrote:
He thought we would steal his IP lol. I convinced him otherwise. He'll be with us shortly

Good, new member, Also, What his IP will help us for?
Unless we want to dos him for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Broadcast to the WORLD   How to Broadcast to the WORLD - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Broadcast to the WORLD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2