Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum

Go down 
+5
US_of_Alaska
Poisson
koiboi59
DragonEye4
Invader
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Invader
Experienced
Invader

Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Empty
PostSubject: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:23 am

Okay, so I am currently an active member on a free-to-play 3rd person shooter called "Battlefield: Heroes". It is currently in "Open Beta" stage, but has a MASSIVE player base.

Now, there are over three million players there, and many go to the forums actively- and not just to discuss Heroes, but to talk about other things as well.

Now, I want to put an ad up there, in the Other section, but we need to custom-fit it, because this isn't quite our target audience. I'm sure we'll find some new members there.

Heck, a few months ago they had a contest where people on the Spore forums would create some realistic creatures, and the people on the Heroes forums would vot on their favorites, and then their favorites were turned into items you could have ride on your shoulder in battle.

So, I'll draft something up here:

Me wrote:

Hey guys, I know this has nothing to do with this forum, but I am currently neck-deep in a videogame development project called Thrive, where we aim to improve on the weak points of an existing game, Spore. I would like to promote this project to you guys.

Spore was a game where a player would be able to start a new species, and evolve them from tiny cells to whatever they wanted. They said they were going to make it a great, extremely realistic evolution game.

But they failed. Miserably.

You see, where Spore went wrong is that they were going to make the game completely realistic- a perfect evolution game. However, they managed to ruin it in the process- turning it into some sort of... cartoon (unlike in Heroes, Spore didn't do a very good job with the "cartoony" thing). Sure, you could evolve a creature and build cities and whatnot, but it was all done in an illogical manner- the planets were ridiculously small. The evolution didn't match any current evolution theory. Every city on every planet looked almost exactly the same, while in reality alien cities would be dramatically different from any other alien's city- let alone OUR cities. The ecosystem of an entire planet would be about nine species (there are millions on Earth, of course). Cells had eyes- and ultra cartoony ones, too. The way that the species would get smarter was a joke- you would learn by killing other creatures and destroying other countries- or by making friends with everyone and having super cartoony dance parties (yes, DANCE PARTIES T_T). Also, the galaxy that the game took place in was extremely tiny compared to a real galaxy- though the Spore galaxy was still big enough to make sense for the game.

However, we aim to do better. We aim for a great and as realistic as possible evolution game, minus the cartooniness and all the ridiculous things in Spore- and it will be completely FREE and open-souce!

We aim to make Thrive as realistic as modern computers will allow. We will have very complex, realistic planets with vast amounts of things to explore. You could venture the depths of the ocean, brave the deepest, darkest caves, and attempt to survive in the most harsh conditions. We aim at as close to total realism as we can possibly get, and fun gameplay.

You will have a few different ways to play the game:

Organism Mode: You play as and completely control one member of your species. It is like Spore's "Creature" Stage, except it can be played at any time. It can be viewed from the 1st or 3rd person, and you can play as anyone you want. Office worker? Done. King? Done. Warrior? Done. You would be able to control this alien's life from start to finish.

Strategy Mode: Much like an RTS. You are able to manage and control the faction of your choosing, and do whatever the heck you want with it. You can set out to make your entire country rich, conquer the world (or the galaxy), or try to keep relations good with other countries. You can completely set up the way your government treats its civilians: are they free? Are they slaves? Do they just run wild? How much freedom do they have with their money- what religions can they have?

Observation Mode: Perfect for making machinima, this mode is where you can simply move your camera about the world, and look at everything. You can, of course, take pictures or make movies in this mode.

Then we will have the God Tools, that you will let you alter the universe around you. You can spawn mountains with it, summon asteroids, destroy worlds- anything.

Now, we are currently in conceptual stage- which means we are really just putting together ideas so that our coders know just what they need to do when they start writing code. We currently have a couple of coders, Bashinerox and PaperGrape- but we could certainly use more help!

Here's what we need:

- Graphic Artists
- 3D Artists
- Legal Advisors
- Project Managers & Coordinators
- Software Developers (Games)
- Scientific Advisors
- Composer (Soundtracks)
- Sound Effects Engineer
- Promoters
- People with cool ideas and visions for the biggest game ever conceived!

Anyone who is interested can join! Here is a link to the front page: https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/forum.htm Feel free to have a look-see.

Please remember that this game will be FREE TO DOWNLOAD, and OPEN-SOURCE- anyone and everyone can pitch in somehow to help create this game!

Also remember that we are still just beginning the coding process- it'll be a while until this game is out, but the participation of anyone willing to help will likely speed things up!

I know you guys are not quite simulation game people, but if you are interested, take a look around!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you are interested!

There's a LOT to improve on, but it's a start. Please note that this has not been posted on their forums.

Last edited by InvaderZim on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:15 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:20 am

Explain what Spore is, what it did wrong, and what Thrive will do better.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 12:43 pm

DragonEye4 wrote:
Explain what Spore is, what it did wrong, and what Thrive will do better.

Will do.
Back to top Go down
koiboi59
Learner
koiboi59

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:06 pm

explain the level of realism we are trying to get.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:46 pm

koiboi59 wrote:
explain the level of realism we are trying to get.

Will also do.
Back to top Go down
Poisson
Regular
Poisson

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:45 pm

Moved to marketing.
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:22 pm

That was good, except for spelling 'have' 'gave'.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Poisson wrote:
Moved to marketing.

Thanks.

I'll fix that typo Alaska.
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:39 pm

InvaderZim wrote:

*WARNING: ONLY MAKES SENSE IF YOU'VE PLAYED SPORE BEFORE*

You should make it sense to people who have not played Spore Before.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:13 pm

DragonEye4 wrote:
InvaderZim wrote:

Added a few paragraphs to make up for that.

EDIT: I just read the Battlefield forum rules. I thought that the fact we are freeware would put us in the green, but NO... They say no advertising whatsoever. So this is useless- except for the fact that we can edit it slightly to be able to be posted on non-evolution, non-programmer websites.
Back to top Go down
Noitulove
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:52 am

InvaderZim wrote:
DragonEye4 wrote:
InvaderZim wrote:

EDIT: I just read the Battlefield forum rules. I thought that the fact we are freeware would put us in the green, but NO... They say no advertising whatsoever. So this is useless- except for the fact that we can edit it slightly to be able to be posted on non-evolution, non-programmer websites.

Oh.

What a letdown. Maybe you could post it somewhere else? I don't think Battlefield-goers would be that interested in our game anyway.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:31 am

Noitulove wrote:
InvaderZim wrote:
DragonEye4 wrote:
InvaderZim wrote:

Oh.

What a letdown. Maybe you could post it somewhere else? I don't think Battlefield-goers would be that interested in our game anyway.

They probably wouldn't, but they had an enourmous community and I thought we could get at least one new person.

Well, yeah. We could edit it a bit and post it somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 12:21 pm

I agree, edit it a bid and put it some place else.
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:12 pm

Agree, now that we have this ad, why would we throw it into thrashbin? I know a few sites with good community, I only have to look at their rules.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:13 pm

I'll edit the ad to work for any forum.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:06 pm

Tomorrow I will do write up. This is good, but we need to sound a little more professional, and, not to put myself in the spotlight, but I've been told that's one of my stronger points.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:14 pm

~sciocont wrote:
...I've been told that's one of my stronger points.

Yep, it is.

Spoiler:

I agree it needs to sound more professional. Otherwise, we'll attract NOONE!

Also, remember, guys, to post a thread before you put up any ads so that the community can give the ad, and the place you're posting the ad in the seal of approval.

Last edited by InvaderZim on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:13 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:59 am

Zim wrote:

Hey guys, I know this has nothing to do with this forum, but I am currently neck-deep in a videogame development project called Thrive, where we aim to improve on the weak points of an existing game, Spore. I would like to promote this project to you guys.

Spore was a game where a player would be able to start a new species, and evolve them from tiny cells to whatever they wanted. They said they were going to make it a great, extremely realistic evolution game.

But they failed. Miserably.

You see, where Spore went wrong is that they were going to make the game completely realistic- a perfect evolution game. However, they managed to ruin it in the process- turning it into some sort of... cartoon (unlike in Heroes, Spore didn't do a very good job with the "cartoony" thing). Sure, you could evolve a creature and build cities and whatnot, but it was all done in an illogical manner- the planets were ridiculously small. The evolution didn't match any current evolution theory. Every city on every planet looked almost exactly the same, while in reality alien cities would be dramatically different from any other alien's city- let alone OUR cities. The ecosystem of an entire planet would be about nine species (there are millions on Earth, of course). Cells had eyes- and ultra cartoony ones, too. The way that the species would get smarter was a joke- you would learn by killing other creatures and destroying other countries- or by making friends with everyone and having super cartoony dance parties (yes, DANCE PARTIES T_T). Also, the galaxy that the game took place in was extremely tiny compared to a real galaxy- though the Spore galaxy was still big enough to make sense for the game.

However, we aim to do better. We aim for a great and as realistic as possible evolution game, minus the cartooniness and all the ridiculous things in Spore- and it will be completely FREE and open-souce!

We aim to make Thrive as realistic as modern computers will allow. We will have very complex, realistic planets with vast amounts of things to explore. You could venture the depths of the ocean, brave the deepest, darkest caves, and attempt to survive in the most harsh conditions. We aim at as close to total realism as we can possibly get, and fun gameplay.

You will have a few different ways to play the game:

Organism Mode: You play as and completely control one member of your species. It is like Spore's "Creature" Stage, except it can be played at any time. It can be viewed from the 1st or 3rd person, and you can play as anyone you want. Office worker? Done. King? Done. Warrior? Done. You would be able to control this alien's life from start to finish.

Strategy Mode: Much like an RTS. You are able to manage and control the faction of your choosing, and do whatever the heck you want with it. You can set out to make your entire country rich, conquer the world (or the galaxy), or try to keep relations good with other countries. You can completely set up the way your government treats its civilians: are they free? Are they slaves? Do they just run wild? How much freedom do they have with their money- what religions can they have?

Observation Mode: Perfect for making machinima, this mode is where you can simply move your camera about the world, and look at everything. You can, of course, take pictures or make movies in this mode.

Then we will have the God Tools, that you will let you alter the universe around you. You can spawn mountains with it, summon asteroids, destroy worlds- anything.

Now, we are currently in conceptual stage- which means we are really just putting together ideas so that our coders know just what they need to do when they start writing code. We currently have a couple of coders, Bashinerox and PaperGrape- but we could certainly use more help!

Here's what we need:

- Graphic Artists
- 3D Artists
- Legal Advisors
- Project Managers & Coordinators
- Software Developers (Games)
- Scientific Advisors
- Composer (Soundtracks)
- Sound Effects Engineer
- Promoters
- People with cool ideas and visions for the biggest game ever conceived!

Anyone who is interested can join! Here is a link to the front page: https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/forum.htm Feel free to have a look-see.

Please remember that this game will be FREE TO DOWNLOAD, and OPEN-SOURCE- anyone and everyone can pitch in somehow to help create this game!

Also remember that we are still just beginning the coding process- it'll be a while until this game is out, but the participation of anyone willing to help will likely speed things up!

I know you guys are not quite simulation game people, but if you are interested, take a look around!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you are interested!

Mix and match, proofread, suggest improvements.
Me wrote:

Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Thrivesig-1

<original first paragraph>
Thrive is a game about the universe- It has no definite goals, no story, no characters. What Thrive has is life.
In thrive you will control one or many organisms, controlling them as individuals, groups, nations, and empires. You will build around you a universe full of wonder, beauty, complexity, and life. And you will Thrive there. Whether you choose to play for eternity as a single cell, or to become a ruling species, building empires and technology you have never dreamed of, Thrive will reward you.

Thrive is built upon one of the simplest constants in the universe- change. In thrive, everything around you will be constantly changing- mountains being thrown up by the force of tectonic collisions, meteors crashing to the ground, rivers carving deep canyons in their wake. But the most important thing in Thrive is life's most basic mechanism for change- Evolution. As an organism you will evolve, and the others around you will evolve as well. Once sapience is reached, your culture, technology, and people will continue to change, through your interference, or through natural progression.

Thrive is a game about the universe, about complexity, change, and life, so how will it work? Through simplicity and science. Thrive has realistic goals, and our development team knows the limits of computers today, and wants to make a realistic game with realistic requirements. It will be a messy process, but one that will end in achievement. Please join us in our journey to create the most awe-inspiring software you have ever seen.

Our game probably seems to you like the game Spore, and that's good, because Spore inspired most of our team to create this game. We were disappointed with the approach spore took to the idea of an evolution-sim, and thought we could do better. The project has gone through a few incarnations, but we have arrived now at what seems to be a good base point: we have a lot of the concept down for how the game will work, how it will play, and how it will look. In this stage of development, we are ready to start building.

How does our game work?

First, we have the different modes of gameplay. These take you through the game however you want, whether you wish to Reign fiery death upon your creatures, or simply sit back and watch a beautiful alien planet grow and flourish.

God Tools: a panel of tools that will let you alter the universe around you. You can spawn mountains with it, summon asteroids, destroy worlds- anything.

How will the player be able to change things in their universe?

The player will have access to a number of editors in which they can create just about anything- single-celled parasites and other tiny organisms in the microbe editor; gigantic plants and animals, even plant/animal hybrids in the organism editor; spaceships, vehicles, cities, buildings, weapons, wristwatches, and any other technology in the universe in the tech editor; and entire planets, including both rocky and gas bodies, in the planet editor.

All of these are designed to give as much freedom as possible to the player- in the end, the only restriction on the game will be the laws of physics themselves, and even they can be defied using god tools.

Right now, the first component of our game, the Organism editor, is being coded by our lead programmer. Despite his great abilities, we still need more programmers, and we hope to draw in anyone with programming skills.

People we need:
Programmers
Graphic artists
3d modelers
legal advisors
scientific advisors
composers
sound engineers
promoters
anyone with great ideas!

Please take time to visit our forums and see if you can help us.
Thrive Development Forums

Will be continued...

Last edited by ~sciocont on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
koiboi59
Learner
koiboi59

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:23 am

instead of saying microbe parasites, giant plants and animals (insert the vehicles and technology here, go with from single celled parasites to plant-animal hybrids and all the technology in the universe. although thats just my opinion, everything else seems perfect.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:39 am

koiboi59 wrote:
instead of saying microbe parasites, giant plants and animals (insert the vehicles and technology here, go with from single celled parasites to plant-animal hybrids and all the technology in the universe. although thats just my opinion, everything else seems perfect.
done
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:23 pm

Since the point of the forum has to do with making games, the first paragraph might need to be changed.
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Spell and Grammar Checker (also tried to improve the clarity of some phrases):

Quote :
Thrive is a game about the universe - It has no preset goals, no story, no characters. What Thrive has is life.
In thrive you will control one or many organisms, as individuals, groups, nations, and empires. You will build around you a universe full of wonder, beauty, complexity, and life. And you will Thrive there. Whether you choose to play for eternity as a single cell, or to become a ruling species, building empires and technology you have never dreamed of, Thrive will reward you.

Thrive is built upon one of the simplest constants in the universe - change. In thrive, everything around you will be constantly changing - mountains being thrown up by the force of tectonic collisions, meteors crashing to the ground, rivers carving deep canyons in their wake. But the most important thing in Thrive is life's most basic mechanism for change - Evolution. As an organism you will evolve, and the others around you will evolve as well. Once sapience is reached, your culture, technology, and people will continue to change, through your interference, or through natural progression.

Thrive is a game about the universe, about complexity, change, and life, so how will it work? Through simplicity and science. Thrive has realistic goals, and our development team knows the limits of computers today, and wants to make a realistic game with realistic requirements. It will be a difficult process, but one that will end in achievement. Please join us in our journey to create the most awe-inspiring software you have ever seen.

Our game probably seems to you like the game Spore, and that's good, because Spore inspired most of our team to create this game. We were disappointed with the approach Spore took to the idea of an evolution-sim, and thought we could do better. The project has gone through a few incarnations, but we have arrived now at what seems to be a good base point: we have a lot of the concept down for how the game will work, how it will play, and how it will look. In this stage of development, we are ready to start building.

How does our game work?

First, we have the different modes of gameplay. These take you through the game however you want, whether you wish to rain fiery death upon your creatures, or simply sit back and watch a beautiful alien planet grow and flourish.

Strategy Mode: Much like an RTS. You are able to manage and control the faction of your choosing, and do whatever the heck you want with it. You can set out to make your entire country rich, conquer the world (or the galaxy), or try to keep relations good with other countries. You can completely set up the way your government treats its civilians: are they free? Are they slaves? Do they just run wild? How much freedom do they have with their money? What religions can they have?

God Tools: a panel of tools that will let you alter the universe around you. You can spawn mountains with it, summon asteroids, destroy worlds. Do anything.

The player will have access to a number of editors in which they can create just about anything - single-celled parasites and other tiny organisms in the microbe editor; gigantic plants and animals, even plant/animal hybrids in the organism editor; spaceships, vehicles, cities, buildings, weapons, wristwatches, and any other technology in the universe in the tech editor; and entire planets, including both rocky and gas bodies, in the planet editor.

All of these are designed to give as much freedom as possible to the player- in the end, the only restriction on the game will be the laws of physics themselves, and even they can be defied using god tools.

Right now, the first component of our game, the Organism editor, is being coded by our lead programmer. Despite his great abilities, we still need more programmers, and we hope to draw in anyone with programming skills.

People we need:
Programmers
Graphic artists
3d modelers
legal advisors
scientific advisors
composers
sound engineers
promoters
anyone with great ideas!

Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 9:52 pm

US_of_Alaska wrote:

Quote :
Thrive is a game about the universe - It has no preset goals, no story, no characters. What Thrive has is life.
In thrive you will control one or many organisms, as individuals, groups, nations, and empires. You will build around you a universe full of wonder, beauty, complexity, and life. And you will Thrive there. Whether you choose to play for eternity as a single cell, or to become a ruling species, building empires and technology you have never dreamed of, Thrive will reward you.

Thrive is built upon one of the simplest constants in the universe - change. In thrive, everything around you will be constantly changing - mountains being thrown up by the force of tectonic collisions, meteors crashing to the ground, rivers carving deep canyons in their wake. But the most important thing in Thrive is life's most basic mechanism for change - Evolution. As an organism you will evolve, and the others around you will evolve as well. Once sapience is reached, your culture, technology, and people will continue to change, through your interference, or through natural progression.

Thrive is a game about the universe, about complexity, change, and life, so how will it work? Through simplicity and science. Thrive has realistic goals, and our development team knows the limits of computers today, and wants to make a realistic game with realistic requirements. It will be a difficult process, but one that will end in achievement. Please join us in our journey to create the most awe-inspiring software you have ever seen.

Our game probably seems to you like the game Spore, and that's good, because Spore inspired most of our team to create this game. We were disappointed with the approach Spore took to the idea of an evolution-sim, and thought we could do better. The project has gone through a few incarnations, but we have arrived now at what seems to be a good base point: we have a lot of the concept down for how the game will work, how it will play, and how it will look. In this stage of development, we are ready to start building.

How does our game work?

First, we have the different modes of gameplay. These take you through the game however you want, whether you wish to rain fiery death upon your creatures, or simply sit back and watch a beautiful alien planet grow and flourish.

Strategy Mode: Much like an RTS. You are able to manage and control the faction of your choosing, and do whatever the heck you want with it. You can set out to make your entire country rich, conquer the world (or the galaxy), or try to keep relations good with other countries. You can completely set up the way your government treats its civilians: are they free? Are they slaves? Do they just run wild? How much freedom do they have with their money? What religions can they have?

God Tools: a panel of tools that will let you alter the universe around you. You can spawn mountains with it, summon asteroids, destroy worlds. Do anything.

The player will have access to a number of editors in which they can create just about anything - single-celled parasites and other tiny organisms in the microbe editor; gigantic plants and animals, even plant/animal hybrids in the organism editor; spaceships, vehicles, cities, buildings, weapons, wristwatches, and any other technology in the universe in the tech editor; and entire planets, including both rocky and gas bodies, in the planet editor.

People we need:
Programmers
Graphic artists
3d modelers
legal advisors
scientific advisors
composers
sound engineers
promoters
anyone with great ideas!

That was great. I love it.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:03 pm

InvaderZim wrote:
US_of_Alaska wrote:

Quote :

How does our game work?

People we need:
Programmers
Graphic artists
3d modelers
legal advisors
scientific advisors
composers
sound engineers
promoters
anyone with great ideas!

That was great. I love it.
lewks gewd. I can't even point out what you changed, really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum   Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Ad to Be Put on a Game Forum
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next