Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Bug report thread Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Bug report thread Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Bug report thread Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Bug report thread Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Bug report thread Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Bug report thread Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Bug report thread Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Bug report thread Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Bug report thread Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Bug report thread Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Bug report thread Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Bug report thread Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Bug report thread Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Bug report thread Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Bug report thread Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Bug report thread Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Bug report thread Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Bug report thread Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Bug report thread Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Bug report thread Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Bug report thread

Go down 
+3
crovea
Scottnov
Tarpy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Bug report thread   Bug report thread EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 9:12 pm

This thread is for reporting bugs in the current version of Thrive. Your bug report should contain:

1. A description of the bug itself
2. How to produce the bug
3. [optional] For graphical bugs, a picture

Current list of known bugs:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Tarpy on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug report thread   Bug report thread EmptyFri May 02, 2014 3:11 pm

EDIT by Seregon - split this and the following posts from the release thread.

Fantastic job! I can't wait to try!

EDIT: I just got a victory. There has definitely been a lot of progress since the last version.

Last edited by Tarpy on Fri May 02, 2014 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scottnov
Learner
Scottnov

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug report thread   Bug report thread EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:05 pm

I'm not sure if I can post here, if I can, great, if not, delete my post and disregard my ignorance.
I'm going to give my feedback:
Great job! Look how far we've come already! Soon enough, the stage will be complete!
My lil' microbe has a giant "mouth" that he uses to hoard those little things that produce stuff, it gains me ATP really quick. I call him Chompy.
I've noticed a few bugs:
1: Selecting a part in the editor sometimes (only tested with mitochondria) crashes the game.
2: Going into the editor sometimes crashes the game. EDIT: This is confirmed to happen for me when you edit for the second time. It didn't happen the first time I started.
3: Not sure if this is a bug, but I cannot collect the poison vacuole, assuming it is that bubble with yellow inside?
Once again, I am truly stunned with this progress.
Back to top Go down
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug report thread   Bug report thread EmptyFri May 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Scottnov wrote:

1: Selecting a part in the editor sometimes (only tested with mitochondria) crashes the game.
2: Going into the editor sometimes crashes the game. EDIT: This is confirmed to happen for me when you edit for the second time. It didn't happen the first time I started.
3: Not sure if this is a bug, but I cannot collect the poison vacuole, assuming it is that bubble with yellow inside?

1. This hasn't happened to me
2. I can confirm this
3. I actually couldn't pick up the poison vacuole only the first time I played, but after the game crashed and I restarted it, I could pick it up
Back to top Go down
Scottnov
Learner
Scottnov

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug report thread   Bug report thread EmptyFri May 02, 2014 6:50 pm

Tarpy wrote:
Scottnov wrote:

1. This hasn't happened to me
2. I can confirm this
3. I actually couldn't pick up the poison vacuole only the first time I played, but after the game crashed and I restarted it, I could pick it up
I've tried a whole bunch... Still can't pick it up...
EDIT: One time when my game crashed, it gave me an error log. Not since, however.
EDIT NUMBER 2: This is the error log, I had to copy it manually, so forgive any minor typing errors, perhaps it will be of use:

"../scripts\microbe_editor\microbe_editor_hud.lua:113: attempt to index field 'lockedMap' (a nil value):
[C]:-1 (metamethod_index)
../scripts\microbe_editor\microbe_editor_hud.lua:113

Assertion failed!
Program: C:\Users\(my user)\Downloads\Thrive-0.2.2r(1)\Thrive-0.2.2r\bin\Thrive.exe
File: C:\minGW\temp\ogre\ogre_src_v1-8-1\OgreMain\src\OrgeLogManager.cpp, Line 43
Expression: msSingleton.
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."
Back to top Go down
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug report thread   Bug report thread EmptySat May 03, 2014 3:52 am

Ill have a look at these issues asap! Thanks for reporting

EDIT: The issues have been fixed and if you re-download the dropbox link everything should work again. The issue was due to a few things I had forgotten to handle when a new player microbe was created. People who used the "New Microbe" button were having issues, while people just editing the existing microbe did not have issues.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Release 2.2 Bugs   Bug report thread EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:00 am

Guys, this thread is for programmers/mods only to post releases. Do not post here. For discussion on bugs, use this thread:

https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t1347-bug-report-thread

Nevermind we're here now.
Back to top Go down
Alexthe666
Newcomer
Alexthe666

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug report thread   Bug report thread EmptyTue May 06, 2014 5:28 pm

Sometimes, your microbe can hit a compound produce (or whatever they are called ) then you go in editor and make your microbe a ring-shape and the protein will be inside when you play the game again. Then if you make your cell do fast movements there is a chance the emitter inside your cell will go into noclip.
Back to top Go down
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug report thread   Bug report thread EmptyTue May 06, 2014 5:52 pm

Alexthe666 wrote:
Sometimes, your microbe can hit a compound produce (or whatever they are called ) then you go in editor and make your microbe a ring-shape and the protein will be inside when you play the game again. Then if you make your cell do fast movements there is a chance the emitter inside your cell will go into noclip.

This is more of a quirk than a bug.
Back to top Go down
untrustedlife
Regular
untrustedlife

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug report thread   Bug report thread EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Alexthe666 wrote:

its not actually noclipping, the world is actually 3d and you can push the emitters up or down by moving quickly.
Back to top Go down
Alexthe666
Newcomer
Alexthe666

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug report thread   Bug report thread EmptyTue May 06, 2014 11:01 pm

untrustedlife wrote:
Alexthe666 wrote:

its not actually noclipping, the world is actually 3d and you can push the emitters up or down by moving quickly.
Wow! I never new it was 3D! Is Spores "cell" stage like that two? :?: 
Back to top Go down
Scottnov
Learner
Scottnov

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug report thread   Bug report thread EmptyTue May 06, 2014 11:33 pm

Alexthe666 wrote:
untrustedlife wrote:
Alexthe666 wrote:

Wow! I never new it was 3D! Is Spores "cell" stage like that two? :?: 
Sort of, it was graphically 3D but I'm not sure about the world being ACTUALLY 3D.
Back to top Go down
MitochondriaBox
Learner
MitochondriaBox

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Zombie Cell   Bug report thread EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 2:13 pm

I'm not sure if this is the best time for this, but just earlier, I got my cell to die of ATP depletion (just a nucleus, nothing else). When it regenerated, it had 0 health left, as well as a red nucleus but was still alive for a while and could be edited before it died again. From then on, it played as normal, but the cell still had the red "zombie" nucleus.

This was in Thrive Indev 0.2.2 (the most recent version). Hope it isn't too late for bug reports.

EDIT: The nucleus was the same shade of red as when the cell gets damaged. I also entered the editor several times before the cell died for the first time, and I think it kept the redness while it was edited, so the game probably got confused and thought it was supposed to be red. Not sure about the "0 Health" thing, though.
Back to top Go down
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug report thread   Bug report thread EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 10:01 am

Updated the OP with all the recent bugs I read on the forum. Tell me if I missed something.
Back to top Go down
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug report thread   Bug report thread EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:29 pm

MitochondriaBox wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the best time for this, but just earlier, I got my cell to die of ATP depletion

I was unable to reproduce the issue in 0.2.3 but I'll keep an eye on it!
Back to top Go down
MitochondriaBox
Learner
MitochondriaBox

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug report thread   Bug report thread EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:14 am

While in debug mode (`), the game still registers things like the movement keys as commands, as opposed to typing. Might be a problem in the future.
Back to top Go down
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug report thread   Bug report thread EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 9:46 am

Quote :
While in debug mode (`), the game still registers things like the movement keys as commands, as opposed to typing. Might be a problem in the future.

That was quite annoying but has already been fixed! It should have been in the release but simply didn't get merged into the main codebranch in time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bug report thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug report thread   Bug report thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Bug report thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thrive Game Development :: Development :: Programming-
Jump to: