Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Censor Menu - Page 4 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Censor Menu

Go down 
+18
MrIdeaMan
Xenon
Darkov
Waap
Albalrogue
~sciocont
YourBreakfast
Noitulove
Lukas99
Commander Keen
Bashinerox
Poisson
roadkillguy
Invader
US_of_Alaska
eumesmo
GamerXA
DragonEye4
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Censor Menu - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 9:56 am

Commander Keen wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
If you guys read the updated OE concept on organs, you may understand this better. Basically, you have many different modes of transmission, which can be mixed and matched as your creature evolves.

I have already seen it, I am just trying to show that designing an "original alien", not inspired in any way by Earth life, is near to impossible.
Of course it is, but that's not really relevant.

As for silicon life, we really don't know how it would work, so i'm saying no to that, for now at least.
Back to top Go down
eumesmo
Regular
eumesmo

PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:29 am

obviously silicon based lifeforms are not a thing to consider right now. what i was pointing out is that we need a base that works to start with, and then get alien, or else it's like getting to the speed of light; it requires infinite energy.
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:43 pm

Commander Keen wrote:
DragonEye4 wrote:
You mean sexual reproduction. There are other methods, such as budding, and splitting, and there may be other ones that are not on earth! We cannot think so earth-centered.

We cannot think so Earth-centered? Excuse me, but I'm a human from Earth and I never met any alien life-forms. How could I know how exactly could aliens reproduce? It's very hard find new original (not just a copy or mix of Earth's) methods for anything, let alone reproduction.

Almost all life on earth does not use sexual reproduction. Billions of bacteria within your body spit in two, while billions of sponges bud within the ocean. There are fungi within your yard which are reproducing by using spores. To imagine all life uses the sperm/ovum method is not only earth-centric, but anthropocentric.
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 3:27 am

DragonEye4 wrote:
Almost all life on earth does not use sexual reproduction. Billions of bacteria within your body spit in two, while billions of sponges bud within the ocean. There are fungi within your yard which are reproducing by using spores. To imagine all life uses the sperm/ovum method is not only earth-centric, but anthropocentric.

I was reffering specifically to this statement:

Quote :
there may be other ones that are not on earth! We cannot think so earth-centered.

Splitting, pollen, spores, these are all on Earth.
Back to top Go down
Albalrogue
Learner
Albalrogue

PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 1:46 pm

Commander Keen wrote:
DragonEye4 wrote:

I was reffering specifically to this statement:

Quote :
there may be other ones that are not on earth! We cannot think so earth-centered.

Splitting, pollen, spores, these are all on Earth.

How about this? Hermaphrodit species stab a lumb on their back witch is some sort of woom. They stab eich other with a sting or claw covered with a liquid. It fills up the bubble with that liquid and then wait's for fertilisation (slightly earthcentered but alienistic). Or female creatures sray poweder on to the ground in large areas, then male creatures spray a liquid on top of this powder like substance, then waits for fertilisation and formation of eggs.
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:44 am

Or what about a species where the males are a lot smaller than the females, small enough for the females to swallow them whole, and then when they are digesting they release a chemical that causes the female to become pregnant?
Back to top Go down
Albalrogue
Learner
Albalrogue

PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:50 am

DragonEye4 wrote:
Or what about a species where the males are a lot smaller than the females, small enough for the females to swallow them whole, and then when they are digesting they release a chemical that causes the female to become pregnant?

Wow, poor males.
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 am

Albalrogue wrote:
DragonEye4 wrote:

Wow, poor males.
Better than what the angler fish do...
Back to top Go down
Albalrogue
Learner
Albalrogue

PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:19 am

DragonEye4 wrote:
Albalrogue wrote:
DragonEye4 wrote:

Wow, poor males.
Better than what the angler fish do...

Yeah, anyway there are infinit possibilities of breeding, you just need to think a bit, and you will find that most of you'rs ideas aren't earthbased, if not similar to earth based ways of breading.
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:45 pm

So, anyways, I still find it ludicrous that, because our culture has the mentality to find our reproductive process taboo that people are considering censoring cells splitting.
Back to top Go down
MrIdeaMan
Newcomer

PostSubject: Reproduction   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:45 pm

Why not make it when a creature mates, it shows them sniffing the female and then the screen goes black, after that they got babies/eggs.
Back to top Go down
nziswat
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:48 pm

MrIdeaMan wrote:
Why not make it when a creature mates, it shows them sniffing the female and then the screen goes black, after that they got babies/eggs.
Well this thread is over 3 years old so....
Back to top Go down
jman12351
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:23 pm

The prudes who get offended by the content can burn in Hell for all I care. To those offended by swearing, as well, I'd like to issue a heartfelt "Belgium you!" A cuss word is just that: a word. It's harmless. In your mind, at least, you'd probably pronounce the Thai city of Phucket as "fuh-kit". The residents will quickly tell you it's pronounced "foo-ket". Likewise, there's a place in New Zealand called Whakapapa (Belgium-a-papa), so neither spelling nor pronunciation make a word profane, so it must lie within the context. For example, "My dog is a Shih-Tzu." is not profane, but "This animal park is a Belgium zoo." is. "I'm going to Whakapapa, because I like skiing." is not the same as "I'm going to Belgium a papa, because I like banging old blokes." I could say that America will grow into a great country, but if I were to say that a vagina-bush will grow into a great Belgium-tree, all of a sudden there's a problem.
Back to top Go down
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:59 pm

(my humblest apologies for bumping an ancient thread)

@jman12351 I don't think it's really right to call someone a "prude" and telling them the F you word just because he or she is offended by swearing or mating content. I personally don't feel offended by swearing nor the latter, but people have different opinions, and you should acknowledge and respect that fact.

The reason I think we currently have censorship is because we must stay professional. Certain people would be offended by swearing, so censorship on the other hand prevents that, while on the other hand, if swearing was censored, I really see no reason why someone who doesn't mind swearing would be offended.

Please, just please, keep politics away from this project. I am not american nor am I a big fan of the US, but calling the US the way you call it is really, really offensive.

Also, this thread is 3 years old, and aside from that, you're completely going OT. This thread is about censoring mating in the game (as far as I can tell), and not about censorship on the forum.

Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:03 pm

As Tarpy said. Stay on topic and constructive.
Back to top Go down
jman12351
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:35 pm

Tarpy wrote:
(my humblest apologies for bumping an ancient thread)

@jman12351 I don't think it's really right to call someone a "prude" and telling them the F you word just because he or she is offended by swearing or mating content. I personally don't feel offended by swearing nor the latter, but people have different opinions, and you should acknowledge and respect that fact.

The reason I think we currently have censorship is because we must stay professional. Certain people would be offended by swearing, so censorship on the other hand prevents that, while on the other hand, if swearing was censored, I really see no reason why someone who doesn't mind swearing would be offended.

Please, just please, keep politics away from this project. I am not american nor am I a big fan of the US, but calling the US the way you call it is really, really offensive.

Also, this thread is 3 years old, and aside from that, you're completely going OT. This thread is about censoring mating in the game (as far as I can tell), and not about censorship on the forum.

Neither explicitly nor implicitly did I call America a vagina-bush. I was simply demonstrating how changing the context of a sentence changes an innocent phrase into something dirty. Sorry for necroposting even more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Censor Menu   Censor Menu - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Censor Menu
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4