Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread

Go down 
+9
Commander Keen
US_of_Alaska
~sciocont
Albalrogue
Invader
Tenebrarum
Vegemyte
2creator
Pezzalis
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Empty
PostSubject: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:54 am

Hey all,

I've made a basic draft track for thrive

Unfortunately I couldn't get the Thrive freesound account to work (The Java upload applet) so I used 4shared.

Heres the track:

Thrive.mp3

Thoughts? :] (It ain't finished... it was a 1-hour whip up without much polishing - its more or less a concept)

If anyone has there own sample tracks or music, post them here
Back to top Go down
2creator
Newcomer
2creator

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 7:36 am

Pretty good. I think it could be worked upon although I love the heartbeat. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Vegemyte
Newcomer
Vegemyte

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:14 am

Hey Pezzalis, this is really good! And that's saying something, since I *never* listen to this kind of stuff, but I can dig this

Do you have the song in separate .wav files for each track? Like "Drums.wav, synth.wav, explosions.wav, etc"? I won't lie, I think we could do something like this as a main theme, and have it evolve (or thrive?) over a period of time and each forumer does his or her thang.

Basically, what I am saying is this: Can I get my grubby little hands on it, and add to it? I promise not to change it too much! (Also, could I get the bpm)(And how did you make this? Protools with VST's? Or a physical synth and drum machine or what?)
Back to top Go down
Tenebrarum
Society Team Lead
Tenebrarum

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:03 am

It's alright, but it doesn't really have any tune to speak of. It's more a drum beat with sound effects.
Back to top Go down
Vegemyte
Newcomer
Vegemyte

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:09 am

Tenebrarum wrote:
It's alright, but it doesn't really have any tune to speak of. It's more a drum beat with sound effects.

You're right, to an extent. It's not exactly hum-able, and it's a bit on the short side, personally. It does have potential though, and it's a pretty good start (most of my starts so far have been... less than good).
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:21 am

Not quite my style, but it's good.
Back to top Go down
Albalrogue
Learner
Albalrogue

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:25 am

I don't think it suits the thrive theme. Maybe make it softer and more mysterious. Taking out the drums would help a bit.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:07 pm

What did you make this with? It's a nice concept, and I could definitely see it used as a trailer for the game, though not as actual theme music.
Back to top Go down
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:38 pm

It is just a draft 1-hour throw-together of a basic idea of what it could be like and I am relatively new to the software I've been using (Its used with a licensed Mixcraft 5)
Infact pretty much all of it is made with the stock sound files/music tracks in Mixcraft thrown together (Well theres thousands of them).

When I get round to adding possibly more of a tune to it I'll use my brothers synth and sound board (Hence the reason why I have a licensed version of Mixcraft, my brother has a synth band).

Vegemyte wrote:
Hey Pezzalis, this is really good! And that's saying something, since I *never* listen to this kind of stuff, but I can dig this

Do you have the song in separate .wav files for each track? Like "Drums.wav, synth.wav, explosions.wav, etc"? I won't lie, I think we could do something like this as a main theme, and have it evolve (or thrive?) over a period of time and each forumer does his or her thang.

Basically, what I am saying is this: Can I get my grubby little hands on it, and add to it? I promise not to change it too much! (Also, could I get the bpm)(And how did you make this? Protools with VST's? Or a physical synth and drum machine or what?)

The drumbeat and the laid back synth tune is actually one track, the sound effects were all stock files that I threw in here and there, but Mixcraft has ALOT of equalizing tools That I dont know how to properly use and Im sure someone more experienced could make something amazing with it.
Oh and you can also add virtual instrument tracks, with a in-program keyboard to add your own notes and instruments :]

Its an .mx5 file and that can only be used in Mixcraft 5...
(Its basically a file linking to all the sound files, but with Mixcraft 5 loading it up will automatically download all of the needed files, I didnt use any custom files)
The unlicensed version you can't mix it down to MP3 files so How about I upload the .mx5 file and you could try adding to it with a demo version of the software (Unlimited use but you cant save as sound files) and then re-upload to me and I'll save as an MP3...?

Anyway heres the MX5 file if you are up for that:
http://www.4shared.com/file/zXXA_jZz/evolve.html

Mixcraft 5
http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/

Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:43 pm

If i give you melodies, can you replicate them for different instruments?
Back to top Go down
2creator
Newcomer
2creator

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Is using royalty free music allowed because I made a quick track in audacity using royalty free music as long as we credit the composer.
Back to top Go down
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:57 pm

~sciocont wrote:

Sounds like a plan

Should be simple enough :]

(Also give me the themes/instruments)
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:32 am

I think this sounds best for a trailer. I definitely like it, though. Maybe if we want to play a game over it we need a less prominent or quieter drum beat?
Back to top Go down
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:34 am

US_of_Alaska wrote:
I think this sounds best for a trailer. I definitely like it, though. Maybe if we want to play a game over it we need a less prominent or quieter drum beat?

Yeah it was made more or less as a trailer track :]
(Hence the sounds of water fading to animals fading to tribal drums fading to choirs, cars, planes, guns, explosions, a spaceship and a crowd to space-esque sounds)
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:37 am

Pezzalis wrote:
US_of_Alaska wrote:

Yeah it was made more or less as a trailer track :]
(Hence the sounds of water fading to animals fading to tribal drums fading to choirs, cars, planes, guns, explosions, a spaceship and a crowd to space-esque sounds)
That's what i figured. I think it will make for fine trailer music.
Back to top Go down
2creator
Newcomer
2creator

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 3:23 pm

My take on music

http://www.4shared.com/audio/qwwOt21E/Thrive_Tune.html

Edited by me in Audacity. All music by Kevin MacLeod except the heartbeat which I added in myself.
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:44 pm

2creator wrote:
My take on music

Edited by me in Audacity. All music by Kevin MacLeod except the heartbeat which I added in myself.
It makes me want to put on an eye patch and go searching for trezh-Arr! A little too pirate theme, i believe. And the heartbeat at the end is not in time with the music. That's also a little offputting. Don't get me wrong, it sounds good. I just don't feel that it fits.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:02 pm

Pezzalis wrote:
~sciocont wrote:

Sounds like a plan

Should be simple enough :]

(Also give me the themes/instruments)
I'll see if i can lay down some melodies this weekend. Hopefully you can transpose them in the program. (they'll be in Bb trumpet)
Back to top Go down
Vegemyte
Newcomer
Vegemyte

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:35 pm

US_of_Alaska wrote:
2creator wrote:
My take on music

It makes me want to put on an eye patch and go searching for trezh-Arr! A little too pirate theme, i believe. And the heartbeat at the end is not in time with the music. That's also a little offputting. Don't get me wrong, it sounds good. I just don't feel that it fits.

Yeah, I agree, it doesn't quite fit for main theme music. I really like it though, and could see it being used as a war theme of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Albalrogue
Learner
Albalrogue

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:22 am

Vegemyte wrote:
US_of_Alaska wrote:
2creator wrote:
My take on music

Yeah, I agree, it doesn't quite fit for main theme music. I really like it though, and could see it being used as a war theme of some sort.
Maybe not, when I think of it as a war theme, I think of toys breaking each other for some reason. (music's good though)
Back to top Go down
Tenebrarum
Society Team Lead
Tenebrarum

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 4:25 pm

So far, nothing has a tune. Watch this and you should understand why a tune is so important.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 6:33 pm

Tenebrarum wrote:
So far, nothing has a tune. Watch this and you should understand why a tune is so important.
Wow, that was an excellent video.
Back to top Go down
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:34 pm

Tenebrarum wrote:

... Ok we need a tune o-o

I suck at making cool melodies... I'll see if I can come up with something though... what kinda key should it be in? Major/Minor? Hmmm I'll experiment.
Back to top Go down
Vegemyte
Newcomer
Vegemyte

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:16 am

Tenebrarum wrote:

I have a melody idea, but I haven't had a chance to record it properly yet. I'll record it when I get home and upload it.
Back to top Go down
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:02 am

Ehh had a go at composing a melody. Its a bit too minor and kinda... slow but heres a shot...

I mean trying to think of a good melody for ALL of thrive is quite hard... Im thinking something kinda spacey, ambient, inspiring yet catchy.
Spores title music was pretty good Im thinking something like that but better.

Heres a rather melancholic tune... :]

Celesta.mp3

I think I'd be better off turning tunes into full tracks...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next