Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Explosive Defense Mechanism

Go down 
+2
The Uteen
Milan0ka
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explosive Defense Mechanism   Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Commander Keen wrote:
Wait. If manual-evo is very likely to kill you, then are we just giving inexperienced players the opportunity to go extinct? Maybe we should tell them to use autoevo until they play the game enough..

I don't think it will be that difficult, when you begin there's very little to think about, then a gradual increase in what needs to be noted, the players should be able to keep up. Evolving every

And Scio... I see. I thought it was something to do with rates of mutation, so I suggested a slider for more flexibility. It still seems a good idea. Can we do it with the slider? It lets you turn the speed of mutation down, as well. And the suicide option is good if the creature is good just how it is, crocodiles and insects seem to have chosen it long ago, and they're still around.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Defense Mechanism   Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:27 pm

The Uteen wrote:
Commander Keen wrote:
Wait. If manual-evo is very likely to kill you, then are we just giving inexperienced players the opportunity to go extinct? Maybe we should tell them to use autoevo until they play the game enough..

I don't think it will be that difficult, when you begin there's very little to think about, then a gradual increase in what needs to be noted, the players should be able to keep up. Evolving every

And Scio... I see. I thought it was something to do with rates of mutation, so I suggested a slider for more flexibility. It still seems a good idea. Can we do it with the slider? It lets you turn the speed of mutation down, as well. And the suicide option is good if the creature is good just how it is, crocodiles and insects seem to have chosen it long ago, and they're still around.
The easiest way to change the rate of mutation would be to simply use your slider to tell the game how much it can change your creature. Another way would be to make generations last smaller amounts of time.
@Keen- I think players will be able to easily help or hinder their creature. The nice thing about evolution now is that there is no single foolproof way to play.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Defense Mechanism   Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:28 pm

~sciocont wrote:
The Uteen wrote:
Commander Keen wrote:

The easiest way to change the rate of mutation would be to simply use your slider to tell the game how much it can change your creature. Another way would be to make generations last smaller amounts of time.
@Keen- I think players will be able to easily help or hinder their creature. The nice thing about evolution now is that there is no single foolproof way to play.

Oh and Uteen- you might want to upgrade to something useful like 7 just messing with you mac people.
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Defense Mechanism   Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Oh yes, Scio? (clicky image, be filled with da wizdom)

Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Macs_r10

Heheheh...

Making generations last a shorter amount of time would surely be the equivalent of shortening lifespans globally. Couldn't the organisms then just adapt and re-lengthen their lives?

The more frequent edits would make sense, the shortening of generations... I'm not so sure, really.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Defense Mechanism   Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:55 pm

The Uteen wrote:
Oh yes, Scio? (clicky image, be filled with da wizdom)

Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Macs_r10

Heheheh... We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Making generations last a shorter amount of time would surely be the equivalent of shortening lifespans globally. Couldn't the organisms then just adapt and re-lengthen their lives?

The more frequent edits would make sense, the shortening of generations... I'm not so sure, really.
Generations have nothing to do with lifespan. They're just part of the way auto-evo works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Defense Mechanism   Explosive Defense Mechanism - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Explosive Defense Mechanism
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2