Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Finalizing Aware Concept

Go down 
+6
Grep42
The Uteen
US_of_Alaska
Commander Keen
~sciocont
Tenebrarum
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zippybomb
Newcomer
zippybomb

Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finalizing Aware Concept   Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:29 pm

MeowMan1 wrote:
Why not just be able to switch between first person and third person, for organismode, and maybe even when Your species forms a tribe, You could look through the eyes of one of Your tribe members, or watch them from afar, which would be the third person mode.
If this idea has already been suggested, I apologize.

Ièm not sure about first person in tribe, but yes, that's the idea already. It's all in the current concept.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Finalizing Aware Concept   Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Maybe in tribal, You could control one of Your tribe members, in first person mode, and say there was an alien version of a rabbit nearby, You could make him stab the rabbit, for food purposes.
I would LOVE that if we could make that happen.
Back to top Go down
zippybomb
Newcomer
zippybomb

PostSubject: Re: Finalizing Aware Concept   Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 pm

MeowMan1 wrote:
Maybe in tribal, You could control one of Your tribe members, in first person mode, and say there was an alien version of a rabbit nearby, You could make him stab the rabbit, for food purposes.

Yes, that's a good idea, I agree.

P.S. I think we should try focusing on microbe stage for now. We haven't even finalized the microbe stage yet and that's the first one to be released. There's a thread about finalizing by uverion now.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Finalizing Aware Concept   Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:58 pm

MeowMan1 wrote:
Why not just be able to switch between first person and third person, for organismode, and maybe even when Your species forms a tribe, You could look through the eyes of one of Your tribe members, or watch them from afar, which would be the third person mode.
If this idea has already been suggested, I apologize.
Take time to read the thread. We'd have to be idiots to have not already covered that.
Back to top Go down
Holomanga
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Finalizing Aware Concept   Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:35 am

MeowMan1 wrote:

That would be possible since you can switch between Organism and Strategy. Although this discussion is mainly about the Awakening stage.

Also, how will the game decide when you are able to communicate (with language) to the rest of your species? Will it be automatic when your intelligence reaches a certain point or is there some kind of other criteria?
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Finalizing Aware Concept   Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:16 am

Probably once You reach a certain level of sentience.
Atleast, that's how I think it should be.
Back to top Go down
Tenebrarum
Society Team Lead
Tenebrarum

PostSubject: Re: Finalizing Aware Concept   Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Please stay on topic.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Finalizing Aware Concept   Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:27 am

Was thy not on topic?
I do apologize, fellow Thriver.
Has anyone got some new Ideas?
Back to top Go down
GreatGranpapy
Newcomer
GreatGranpapy

PostSubject: Re: Finalizing Aware Concept   Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Here is my idea for the pack/herd system, herd being for herbivores and pack for carnivores. If you're in a herd, it's simply a large group of your species that stay together for protection as it isn't hard to get food. You play as the herd's matriarch/patriarch and are responsible for finding places to get food, water, and all that jazz. If you're in a pack, you play as the alpha. You're job is to conduct hunting "missions" and to locate the other resources.
Herd game play would just be like regular game play, but with "friends" and I feel doesn't need in-depth explaining. For pack though, it would be a lot like a squad-based shooter. you could direct you pack mates to different tasks and positions. For instance, while you were prowling about with two other pack mates, another pack mate comes to from the watch duty you assigned it to, "telling" you that there is some possible prey in the vicinity. When you find the species of interest, you would tell you pack mates which of the creatures to target if they are in a group, and task you pack mates to creep there way into a circle around the group/solitary creature. When you start the attack, they will follow your example, and then successfully take down the beast.
Back to top Go down
MeowMan1
Regular
MeowMan1

PostSubject: Re: Finalizing Aware Concept   Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Very nice idea!

What do You guys think of it though?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Finalizing Aware Concept   Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 12:54 pm

GreatGranpapy wrote:
Here is my idea for the pack/herd system, herd being for herbivores and pack for carnivores. If you're in a herd, it's simply a large group of your species that stay together for protection as it isn't hard to get food. You play as the herd's matriarch/patriarch and are responsible for finding places to get food, water, and all that jazz. If you're in a pack, you play as the alpha. You're job is to conduct hunting "missions" and to locate the other resources.
Herd game play would just be like regular game play, but with "friends" and I feel doesn't need in-depth explaining. For pack though, it would be a lot like a squad-based shooter. you could direct you pack mates to different tasks and positions. For instance, while you were prowling about with two other pack mates, another pack mate comes to from the watch duty you assigned it to, "telling" you that there is some possible prey in the vicinity. When you find the species of interest, you would tell you pack mates which of the creatures to target if they are in a group, and task you pack mates to creep there way into a circle around the group/solitary creature. When you start the attack, they will follow your example, and then successfully take down the beast.
Agreed.
The only problem I can see with herds is processing power- they'll have to be small enough as to not lag the computer. This shouldn't be hard though, as everything in the game is scaled down slightly because of the size of planets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finalizing Aware Concept   Finalizing Aware Concept - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Finalizing Aware Concept
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2