Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Go down 
+102
cyborghyena
The Creator
Halowraith1
Narstak
molden
amymist
NarotizaSquared
Aquos4
Gyrukilo
JackTheBlackWolf
Mazzy_M
Xazo-Tak
Epickitty
Rorsten594
pensist
MirrorMonkey2
timetraveler
jewelofleo
Falthron
Psych0Ch3f
Quasar
Armok: God of Blood
King Plorpadeus Ex
Lightning_Scarz
SuperLala
LegoHoss
Gecko
Tanglekat33
EnergyKnife
HariboTer
the froggy ninja
crovea
Linker90X
EVanimations
Evol4fire
TriggzSP
ByterranEmpire
Totemaster
Exploronaut
Jeklig
NuklearSerpent
masternetra
spacetime_dinosaur
Y. Guillemot
ThePoisonchocolate
leila777
ccarriel
Invader
ThreeCubed
meldebious
PropTheRedstoner
Glow Cloud
Seregon
Mouthwash
Captain Mcderp
IAMBEOWULF
Atrox
Doggit
Dalroc
SchrodingersKitty
alonerhapsody
Cellular Dinosaur
Silver Sterling
Spacer
Synpho Death
Raptorstorm
Zeyrock
Orygandian2
AwesomeSiebren
TheFellowWithTheHat
penumbra espinosa
TheChubbyChihuahua
Shamanic W0lf
PortalFan1000
NikolaAnicic007
PerfectOrganismil
Inca
MitochondriaBox
DeanDactyl
Moterhead97
TheSmart_1
Oliveriver
ethroptur
Narnobie123
dinoman9877
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Jimexmore
WJacobC
Mixotroph
Madnesia19
Omnomnomable
Tritium
Daniferrito
~sciocont
Immortal_Dragon
untrustedlife
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Thriving Cheese
Tarpy
M3rox
NickTheNick
WilliamstheJohn
106 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 12:23 am

I understood that thermoplasts use heat and chloroplasts used light, but what I meant was this: what difference will each make to gameplay? Will heat be rarer? Could it boil your cell? Would light shrivel up your agents? As for the plasmids question, I was unaware that you could not get MP from the environment, thanks.(Though I think we all would secretly dig cells with telekinesis.) I also propose a leveling system that, when completed, gets you a new part and 10 MP, rather than finding parts lying around like an unorganized junkyard.(Also, just to show I learned something, my understanding is that every time you enter the editor, you have 100 MP. Leveling up would add 10 to that buget.)
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 4:53 am

Heat and light will be randomly distributed. Heat will not exist in high enough quantities to "kill" the cell, and light cannot "shrivel up" agents.

Allowing cells to level up to attain higher quantities of MP when entering the editor again goes against the concept behind mutation points, as well not making much sense (one mutation allows an equal amount of change for similar factors for any organism).
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 10:56 pm

So in other words, no? I still think players should earn parts in a non-spore way.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Ther Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 pm

Well, if you looked at the Microbe Current Concept, and if that is not outdated information, then the player will earn parts by engulfing other microbes that have the parts they want. And even then they can be removed in the editor later I think.
Back to top Go down
Rorsten594
Newcomer
Rorsten594

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:15 pm

so what happened since last may? what did i miss when i was gone?
Back to top Go down
Narnobie123
Newcomer
Narnobie123

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 6:06 pm

I haven't been on recently. Is the microbe stage finished yet?

*EDIT* Also has Landing and exiting your ship and interacting with life on the planet in space stage been talked about at all. I know space stage is a far way to go though.
Back to top Go down
MirrorMonkey2
Newcomer
MirrorMonkey2

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 9:10 am

Narnobie123 wrote:
I haven't been on recently. Razz Is the microbe stage finished yet?

No, we're still in a very early alpha stage, but we're planning to release a basic but playable prototyper around christmas, if this information still is up to date.

Rorsten594 wrote:

Since we have a rouhgly overall concept now, we're focusing on microbe stage developement. We have a few prototypes out and i think the microbe stage concept is almost in its final form.
Back to top Go down
Epickitty
Newcomer
Epickitty

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Wait, the microbe stage is being released around the holidays!? YES! How are you guys going to distribute it?

I'm the world's smartest cat, but I still can't come up with a good signature.

Grammar, ain't no smart cat got time for dat!  :cat: 
Back to top Go down
Narnobie123
Newcomer
Narnobie123

PostSubject: WOW!   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 7:20 pm

MirrorMonkey2 wrote:
Narnobie123 wrote:
I haven't been on recently. Razz Is the microbe stage finished yet?

No, we're still in a very early alpha stage, but we're planning to release a   basic but playable prototyper around christmas, if this information still is up to date.

Rorsten594 wrote:

Since we have a rouhgly overall concept now, we're focusing on microbe stage developement. We have a few prototypes out and i think the microbe stage concept is almost in its final form.

Around the Holiday's THATS WONDERFUL!!!  :D :D :D :D 
Back to top Go down
Epickitty
Newcomer
Epickitty

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Holy Belgium! The microbe stage is being released around the holidays! Man, everybody is epic to get this game done. Good luck!

I'm the world's smartest cat, yet I can't come with a good signature.

Grammar!? Ain't no cat got time for dat. :cat:
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 3:49 am

Rorsten594 wrote:

For such a question just PM someone to ask them, it's not very relevant to the forum topics.

To answer the question, the largest development is the work on the first playable release of the Microbe Stage, as in one with basic AI, metabolism, environment, etc. Anything more than that really requires looking into the forum on your own to catch up, because there is too much to report here.
Back to top Go down
King Plorpadeus Ex
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 8:29 am

Is there really any need for a microbe stage, though? Sure, it could be fun, and as I hear you are already in alpha stage, it is inevitable for there to be one. I think the problem is that it seems kind of fishy for an animal to be a direct descendant of a single cell. This means that there is no real need for a microbe stage, as it feels disconnected from the other stages. I think this problem could be fixed if your cell had several descendants, including the one you are controlling. Maybe this would lead to you even switching between different organisms. That would make for interesting gameplay, now that I think about it. If that were the case, though, it would be much easier to get multiple sapient organisms on the same planet. Maybe there would have to be a restriction. Anyway, I am getting ahead of myself.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscllaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 10:50 am

Actually, there is the Multicellular Stage between Microbe and Aware, which is the Creature Stage, where you will begin to gather more and more cells until you are a full creature. This is how the Microbe Stage is connected to the others, you are thinking of Spore's succession.
Back to top Go down
Xazo-Tak
Newcomer
Xazo-Tak

PostSubject: Entropy, expansion, and density of spacetime   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 10:52 pm

Gameplay could potentially be a hundreds of billions of in-game years long, and a universe like ours would reach a high state of entropy.
I'm aware of god powers, but how about a fully automatic system for dealing with entropy, while making a universe that is much like the one we know?
One that allows galaxies to form naturally from dense energy, and die a natural entropic death?

Well, the solution to that is to replace one of our spatial dimensions with an abstract dimension, sort of an entropic dimension.

The structure of the universe could be a cube with four looping sides, and the non-looping sides are the "birth" and "death" regions of the universe.
Near the death side, physics behave as if space is very stretched, like a universe many trillions of years old, and the meaningless mess of energy that was once galaxies is simply deleted as it goes through the death side.
Energy and dark energy is randomly created on the birth side, where physics behave as if the universe is young.

Stuff travelling from dense space to stretched space would change like all of space was stretching.

In this model the "birth" side appears to be the centre, because space isn't treated like it's been curved around despite the fact that it has been, because otherwise it wouldn't emulate an evolving universe properly.
Back to top Go down
http://xazo-tak.deviantart.com/
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 11:43 pm

Remember to first post suggestions here before moving it to its own thread.

The entire universe won't be simulated, only a galaxy. What's more, a computer would spontaneously combust trying to process something like what you are suggesting. A programmer would spontaneously combust trying to program what you are saying. Remember that at the end of the day, Thrive is still just a video game, not a limitless pandora's box that allows us to simulate the fine machinations of the entire belgiuming universe.
Back to top Go down
Psych0Ch3f
Newcomer
Psych0Ch3f

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 12:37 am

Xazo, say we HAD the possibility of programming entropy, we still wouldn't.
Why?
Because entropy and "heat death" or as you said "natural entropic death" is false. Now I'm not sure how much physics you know, but entropy isn't something you throw around lightly in physics, UNLESS your a chemist. Then entropy is much less life changing. It's true that max entropy results in black holes and that entropy is proportional to time, therefore called the "time unit". (Since second and hours do not physically exist, whereas entropy does), BUT the key fact youre forgetting is that the universe is constantly expanding, and that it expands MUCH faster than we create entropy. Hell, even light can barely keep up with it.
So all in all, entropy isn't even a valid point and discussing it any further should be avoided unless this is a philosophy and physics conference.
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Finally got home internet up for a while it seems. Anyway, I had a question that sort of got buried. Are microbes going to give nutrients to the cell that engulfs them based on their size, and if so will this affect possible time it takes to engulf them, and I read about the Slime Gland on the wiki so I don't need to ask about possible escape chances.
Back to top Go down
Psych0Ch3f
Newcomer
Psych0Ch3f

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 2:42 am

No, microbes don't give nutrients based on their size. That would not make any sense. It depends on whats INSIDE the microbe (so i guess you could say larger ones have a probability of having more). As far as time, idk, Ill let someone like Nick answer that, BUT I have my trust in the programmers. Since they are intellectual enough to write code, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that in the event of not knowing exactly what do they will make a logical decision on the spot. So Microbes just dont "disappear" when you try to absorb them. Also, we already had the discussion concerning the rates of transport across the cell membrane, so I'm sure that would be a key factor.
Back to top Go down
Mazzy_M

Mazzy_M

PostSubject: Release and Progress   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi everyone hope I'm in the right thread for this, I'm new. Looked around but couldn't find an answer. Does anyone have an idea when this project may be finished? Or how far it has come along? I've known about Thrive for only a week but I really want to see this happen and finished as I'm sure everyone here does. Thanks to those who reply!
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:32 am

Seeming as we are almost done with the microbe stage, I have two ideas for the multicellular/aware phase.

On the bottom left hand corner of the screen, there would be a UI with three layers: skin, internal organs, and skeleton. There would be tabs to switch between them. It would display what was damaged and the severity of it. Pink for minor damage(quick healing), orange for moderate damage(slow healing), and red for critical damage(no healing without regeneration). My other idea was the first four traits for the behavior editor: social, solitary, cannibalistic, and hive mind. You could only pick one, along with every other behavior evolution, to keep players from having a cannibalistic, hive minded creatures that hunt in packs of 300 trillion. Let me know if this was proposed before.
Back to top Go down
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 2:11 am

What is this "almost done" everyone keeps jabbering on about?
Have you implemented the editor already?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:21 am

Mazzy_M wrote:
Hi everyone hope I'm in the right thread for this, I'm new. Looked around but couldn't find an answer. Does anyone have an idea when this project may be finished? Or how far it has come along? I've known about Thrive for only a week but I really want to see this happen and finished as I'm sure everyone here does. Thanks to those who reply!

I merged your thread with this thread. Make sure to post questions and stuff here first, and then if necessary make new threads with them.

The project, by it's nature, will never be finished, as there is always more content and features that can be added in on a continuous basis, but how long will it take to reach a point where all of the stages are complete and playable? Probably quite a long time, but it's really hard to tell because I don't know how effective the early releases will be at attracting people in the future, to help with later development. However, it's not something that can be fully finished anytime soon, unless it receives substantially more support.

PortalFan1000 wrote:
Seeming as we are almost done with the microbe stage, I have two ideas for the multicellular/aware phase.

On the bottom left hand corner of the screen, there would be a UI with three layers: skin, internal organs, and skeleton. There would be tabs to switch between them. It would display what was damaged and the severity of it. Pink for minor damage(quick healing), orange for moderate damage(slow healing), and red for critical damage(no healing without regeneration). My other idea was the first four traits for the behavior editor: social, solitary, cannibalistic, and hive mind. You could only pick one, along with every other behavior evolution, to keep players from having a cannibalistic, hive minded creatures that hunt in packs of 300 trillion. Let me know if this was proposed before.

Almost done? Far from it. This Christmas release we want to get out is a very early version of the game with just some basic AI, movement, compound systems, metabolism, etc. There is a vast amount of the Microbe Stage that is left for us to work on that is not a part of this first major release.

There is already a system for damage using a wireframe model of the player's organism, which is highlighted with different colours on different points to show severity of injury. It's a concept ~scio and I will have to expand upon further in the Crash Course Evolution thread and on the OE GDD.
Back to top Go down
JackTheBlackWolf
Newcomer
JackTheBlackWolf

PostSubject: Well,I got an idea..   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 11:52 am

Could we chose in what climate creatures will survive?
Like some creatures survive in cold temperatures some in very hot ones,and this is how we chose them to be we could ad parts perfect for cold climates or some parts perfect for hot climates...Well if we could make chameleon kind of creatures with multiple colors to trick their enemies,sounds preety good to me.We should make creatures that fly how much they want,will be realy good some water creatures some will live in the deep of the sea other wil live in smal water,some will need very large space.Where I think some creature will need to be spawn in different places of the planet.Some in tropical forest,other in safari & other in the desert.So what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Totemaster
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 12:14 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Regarding your first question, the answer is yes, as far as I know. On many planets there will indeed be environments such as icy polar regions, mountains, deserts, tropical regions, and so on, at different temperatures, altitudes, and levels of humidity. The adaptations that you evolve on your lifeform will determine what, where, and how it can survive.
For more details, see this section of the forum: https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/f44-biomes

Now, I'm actually not sure whether or not camouflage will be implemented. I don't think chameleon-style colour changes will be, sadly. Although I'm not really sure myself. You'd need to ask someone more knowledgeable.

Well, with the automatic evolution system (Auto-Evo for short), having certain kinds of organisms spawn in specific areas won't be necessary. The organisms living in these areas should evolve adaptations to their environment naturally over time.

Last edited by Totemaster on Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JackTheBlackWolf
Newcomer
JackTheBlackWolf

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Oh,ok thx Tote I'm wolfofdoom3 on deviantart:)

Totemaster wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

Regarding your first question, the answer is yes, as far as I know. On many planets there will indeed be environments such as icy polar regions, mountains, deserts, tropical regions, and so on, at different temperatures, altitudes, and levels of humidity. The adaptations that you evolve on your lifeform will determine what, where, and how it can survive.
For more details, see this section of the forum: https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/f44-biomes

Now, I'm actually not sure whether or not camouflage will be implemented. I don't think chameleon-style colour changes will be, sadly, Although I'm not really sure myself. You'd need to ask someone more knowledgeable.

Well, with the automatic evolution system (Auto-Evo for short), having certain kinds of organisms spawn in specific areas won't be necessary. The organisms living in these areas should evolve adaptations to their environment naturally over time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next