Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Go down 
+102
cyborghyena
The Creator
Halowraith1
Narstak
molden
amymist
NarotizaSquared
Aquos4
Gyrukilo
JackTheBlackWolf
Mazzy_M
Xazo-Tak
Epickitty
Rorsten594
pensist
MirrorMonkey2
timetraveler
jewelofleo
Falthron
Psych0Ch3f
Quasar
Armok: God of Blood
King Plorpadeus Ex
Lightning_Scarz
SuperLala
LegoHoss
Gecko
Tanglekat33
EnergyKnife
HariboTer
the froggy ninja
crovea
Linker90X
EVanimations
Evol4fire
TriggzSP
ByterranEmpire
Totemaster
Exploronaut
Jeklig
NuklearSerpent
masternetra
spacetime_dinosaur
Y. Guillemot
ThePoisonchocolate
leila777
ccarriel
Invader
ThreeCubed
meldebious
PropTheRedstoner
Glow Cloud
Seregon
Mouthwash
Captain Mcderp
IAMBEOWULF
Atrox
Doggit
Dalroc
SchrodingersKitty
alonerhapsody
Cellular Dinosaur
Silver Sterling
Spacer
Synpho Death
Raptorstorm
Zeyrock
Orygandian2
AwesomeSiebren
TheFellowWithTheHat
penumbra espinosa
TheChubbyChihuahua
Shamanic W0lf
PortalFan1000
NikolaAnicic007
PerfectOrganismil
Inca
MitochondriaBox
DeanDactyl
Moterhead97
TheSmart_1
Oliveriver
ethroptur
Narnobie123
dinoman9877
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Jimexmore
WJacobC
Mixotroph
Madnesia19
Omnomnomable
Tritium
Daniferrito
~sciocont
Immortal_Dragon
untrustedlife
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Thriving Cheese
Tarpy
M3rox
NickTheNick
WilliamstheJohn
106 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Totemaster
Newcomer

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 12:28 pm

JackTheBlackWolf wrote:

Oh,ok thx Tote I'm wolfofdoom3 on deviantart:)

Yep. I noticed.
Back to top Go down
JackTheBlackWolf
Newcomer
JackTheBlackWolf

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 12:35 pm

Totemaster wrote:
JackTheBlackWolf wrote:

Oh,ok thx Tote I'm wolfofdoom3 on deviantart:)

Yep. I noticed.

Becouse of the avatar?
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:16 pm

I have a thread for you to look at, if it is up to date information on the plan as it is, that is unknown. Stages later than the Microbe Stage are not set in stone.

https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t700-camouflage?highlight=camouflage
Back to top Go down
JackTheBlackWolf
Newcomer
JackTheBlackWolf

PostSubject: Think a bit..   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 3:29 pm

Well,I think we may need some good colors for Thrive,it mat be realy be useful for survive during some changes of climates,like for winter,this just for camuflage more useful will be the fur for winter,but we are don't only talking about winter and also other events.This will depend on parts use but also colors,an adaptable organism will be usefull to survive during changes.The plants may need to be adaptable to,some will live only in some conditions other in diferent conditions of temperature(cold,hot,ect).That's all I have to say.I hope it helped :|
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:20 pm

I'm no coder, but I have a slight suspicion that it would be difficult to code how colors affect heat. Thrive is an evolution simulator, not a reality simulator, nobody needs those.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:38 pm

PortalFan1000 wrote:
I'm no coder, but I have a slight suspicion that it would be difficult to code how colors affect heat. Thrive is an evolution simulator, not a reality simulator, nobody needs those.
While you're correct that coding heat absorption/reflection would probably be difficult and unnecessary, we could quantize the color-to-heat relationship to a certain degree to avoid doing the actual calculations (basically, we match the greyscale value of a color to a certain range and then apply a heat absorption/reflection stat tpo the animal based on that). It probably won't be necessary though.
Back to top Go down
EVanimations
Newcomer
EVanimations

PostSubject: Temporary Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:25 pm

Ah, I like this build with the AI microbes.

When do we get to slowly-but-surely implementing graphics to replace the placeholders?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 6:02 am

As soon as the coders get to it. Basically, with the important engine work done, (I don't know how much of that is still left) more focus can be put on game features and making it look nice. It also helps to have a easily accessible repository of Art Assets for them to use.
Back to top Go down
Gyrukilo
Newcomer

PostSubject: Vehicle Weapon Suggestions    Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 5:02 am

I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet but I'm going go on anyways. When you guys actually start on this part of the game I assume we will be able to build our own vehicles like in Spore. One of the things that bothered me about Spore was no matter what type of weapon you had on your creation Tanks and ships would shoot a missle upward no matter which way your weapon was facing so if your weapon was arched straight you would still have a missle shooting out of the top which make no since and ruins the experience. So make it were the round fires in the direction the gun is facing not spawning a missle out of the top. Now aircrafts they shoot green lasers even if you only have missles equiped do I need to say anymore. So when it comes to weapons make the type of ammo coming out of them and direction they come out of the vehicle make since. Mini guns shoot bullets ray guns shoot lasers and flamethrowers well thats self explanatory same with missles.
Back to top Go down
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:41 am

I think you should seriously look around the forum a bit before you post. Thrive will have a completely different system of making vehicles than Spore.
Back to top Go down
Gyrukilo
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 1:47 pm

So I've done some digging around and this is how I understand it. The TOs aren't made by throwing blocks and pieces to gather like in spore instead you have to research FPs and combine them to get TOs such as Stone + Stick + Leather Strips = Stone Axe. What I'm asking is do you only get to make what TOs are put into the game. So if someone wanted to try to replicate a vehicle in another game or movie they like they couldn't?
Back to top Go down
Jimexmore
Newcomer
Jimexmore

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Gyrukilo wrote:
So I've done some digging around and this is how I understand it. The TOs aren't made by throwing blocks and pieces to gather like in spore instead you have to research FPs and combine them to get TOs such as Stone + Stick + Leather Strips = Stone Axe. What I'm asking is do you only get to make what TOs are put into the game. So if someone wanted to try to replicate a vehicle in another game or movie they like they couldn't?
you wanna make a baneblade don't you?
Back to top Go down
Gyrukilo
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 4:15 pm

Maybe..... >:)
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:32 pm

Actually, you get to use generic FPs to use, and can most likely craft their shape and the like, there are preset objects that will be in the TE for AI to use at first (or people that don't want to make their own stuff just yet), but the player will get to make their own stuff, not just generic items. The TE is planned to be like the OE with a good bit of freedom, but we aren't that far along yet so nothing is set in stone and it is rather unproductive to ask about these things at this point in time.
Back to top Go down
Aquos4

PostSubject: Game Engine?   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:03 am

Okay, so after some looking around, I finally found where to download the latest playable version. Problem is...I don't know how to make the game start up. What is the program I use to open the .zip in order to play it? Or is there a .exe hidden somewhere within the .zip? Help wanted ASAP. Thanks in advanced.
Back to top Go down
Gyrukilo
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 3:39 am

Sorry didn't mean to be unproductive I don't know much about genetics biology or zoology so I couldn't make any useful suggestions concerning the current stages of the game. I am most interested in the industrial stage and beyond mostly because I love technology especially science fiction technology. I have told my friends about the game and they are interested in helping develope the game. So Go Team!!! No need to reply to my post unless you want.
Back to top Go down
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:52 am

A zip file is like a small package! You use zip files as they are smaller than what is actually inside them and because many sites dont let you upload a folder. What you need to do is unpack the file which you should be able to do, out of the box, if you are running windows by opening the zip file and dragging the Thrive folder inside, out to your desktop or whereever. Once you have the Thrive folder you can simply double click the icon with the gears called Thrive (a .bat file) and the game will run! (the bat file is simply running the .exe file in the bin subfolder).

Hope that helps!

btw. this isn't really a programming topic, if you have questions like this feel free to ask them in thive misc. questions thread https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t1226-miscellaneous-bugs-and-questions-that-don-t-deserve-their-own-thread-thread

Also if you're curious! A game engine isn't actually the exe file, it's the core part of how the game is made
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 12:01 pm

Actually, it doesn't have to be a suggestion, even a question that spawns discussion is useful.
Back to top Go down
Gyrukilo
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:15 pm

Do you guys think Thrive will be completed before 2020 or at least close?
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:38 pm

Considering the type of project Thrive is and what the team leads like ~sciocont have said, Thrive will never officially be "completed", since there will always be something that could be added into the game.
Back to top Go down
Gyrukilo
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:02 pm

What I meant by completed was the main part of the game microbe stage to space stage. Do you guys have an idea or at least an estimate of what year the main game might be done? Key words MIGHT BE DONE not WILL BE done.
Back to top Go down
MirrorMonkey2
Newcomer
MirrorMonkey2

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:09 pm

We plan to release our phases yearly, so microbe stage should be pretty much completed at the end of the year i think. But I'm not sure if this time schedule is up to date or if we already have another. However, for a project like Thrive, the future is very difficult to predict. Maybe we'll lose all our programmers, or maybe Thrive will be discovered by the masses in a few months or years. Projects like this are like snowballs rolling down a hill, the bigger they get, the more likely they become to get even bigger. But as said, the future is difficult to predict.
Back to top Go down
Gyrukilo
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:28 pm

I have noticed a lot of people I've talked to don't know about Thrive. I only discovered it three days ago on an old post in the Sporum. I think I should mention it on the Steam network and other gamesites.
Back to top Go down
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 3:26 pm

We don't want too much attention at this moment since we only have a very simple microbe stage and that is it. Your average gamer would not be impressed at all and we would end up with a bad reputation as "vaporware".
Back to top Go down
Gyrukilo
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 3:28 pm

Okay I'll just keep it within my circles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread   Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next