Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project)

Go down 
+2
AwesomeSiebren
Narstak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Narstak
Newcomer
Narstak

Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Empty
PostSubject: Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project)   Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:54 pm

As a fiew guys who discovered the Thrive project, I was really interrested to give some ideas and suggestions.
I use to study in the video game industries and I am in the right track.
So there is some technical and basic ideas. I already check the forum and the official Thrive site, so I know most of the idea list. Maybe some ideas were already suggested, but I hope you forgive me in this case.

Technical and model ideas
-The breathing system in an organism is very important, but not every animal breath from the nose, month (I don't talk about aquatic animals). The idea is to allowed to add nostrils where we want. For example, I could make a Tyrex-like creature with six nostrils on his back. Also, it would be nice to have the possibility to make the smell of sens in a other part of the body, distant from the breathing system.
-Maximum angle for articulation: the main problem in Spore that make me rage sometimes was the collision problem, most of the time with the limbs. But this isn't the main point of this suggestion. A maximum angle option could help to make the body more rigid where it should be and more wavelike with other part, like the tail end.
-Reproduction option: I don't know how you guys will make this option happened more natural, but I don't know if you thought about a option (it could be a reward of evolution) that change reproductive aspect of birth. The player could choose if he/she wants the creature to lay egg (fish-like, Shark-like, Amphibian-like, etc), gestation (placenta of a mother, or even marsupial-like with a pocket) and INFECTION (like in the Alien serie, in which there is a egg (or gestation first from a mother), then a creature that doesn't look like the parent and the little creature infecte a other creature (impregnated or the creature get inside to evolve).
-Young stage: the caste option look awesome. I don't know if this is already on the list, but in link with the precedent idea, it should be a option to modified the appearance of the young. Why? Because if a software is use for change the young, some easthetic aspect could be disapointing... By give this charge to the player, the player will appreciate is little cute baby, because he/she will feel more like the real parent! (If you already got this idea, that's cool!)
-NOISE AND VOCALS. A basic database of many animal vocals and a mixer could allow the player to personnalize the sing of his creature.

One last aspect to think about evolution. As the player creates animal and make them evolve, some animals which he/she may encounter could be animals which have a common ancestor, thus a animal created some time ago. «That creature looks like my grandfather...», they say.

This is my first post and box of ideas. I speak french first, so forgive me for mistakes.
You are the best, guys!
Back to top Go down
AwesomeSiebren
Newcomer
AwesomeSiebren

PostSubject: Wrong topic   Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 3:25 pm

You are supposed to post stuff like this in the Miscellaneous Bugs And Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread topic.

Also some of the ideas you posted, like last one about the different species with a common ancestor, havo already been discussed.

But, those are some nice ideas.
ould be handy too read around the forum first though.
Back to top Go down
crovea
Programming Team lead
crovea

PostSubject: Re: Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project)   Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:13 am

In his defense, it wouldn't make much sense to post that in the misc bugs & questions thread as it is neither a bug nor a question.

I quite like the ideas of Reproduction options, Vocals and ancestral evolution, although i think they may indeed already be planned! I don't quite agree that the breathing system is super important, you easily do a cheap simulation and have the player not notice!
Back to top Go down
Immortal_Dragon
Regular
Immortal_Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project)   Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:31 am

Suggestions are also supposed to go there rather than their own thread. Plus, the OE CC is required reading as Nick put it on the misc. thread, and it will explain these sorts of things.

Plus crovea, the respiratory system is important to how an organism is able to get oxygen into its system which will translate into energy efficiency for the organism itself during exertion, I think, not quite sure if it will do anything aside from senses of smell and what kinds of gasses the organism breathes.
Back to top Go down
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

PostSubject: Re: Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project)   Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:25 am

Immortal_Dragon wrote:
Suggestions are also supposed to go there rather than their own thread.

Not really. Small suggestions or lists of small suggestions go there. Big suggestions that would actually require some sort of extensive discussion and debate deserve their own thread.

For example, if I wanted to make a suggestion that is 3 lines long, I would certainly post in the misc. bugs and questions thread. If, however, wanted to make a huge suggestion on how the galaxy is generated, with great depth and detail, I would create a new thread for it.

However, since this is just a list of small suggestions, I have to agree that it belongs in the misc. bugs and questions thread.

Back to top Go down
Narstak
Newcomer
Narstak

PostSubject: Re: Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project)   Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 10:37 am

I can delete the post, as I realised it isn't located in the good place.
How I delete this...
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project)   Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 2:27 am

I'm pretty sure I answered this exact same post, which was on the Misc thread here, with my answers on the following page.

In that case, I'll archive this unless there are any objections.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project)   Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project) Empty

Back to top Go down

Technical ideas for Thrive (I have faith in this project)
Page 1 of 1