Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
My mistake with thrive Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
My mistake with thrive Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
My mistake with thrive Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
My mistake with thrive Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
My mistake with thrive Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
My mistake with thrive Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
My mistake with thrive Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
My mistake with thrive Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
My mistake with thrive Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
My mistake with thrive Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
My mistake with thrive Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
My mistake with thrive Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
My mistake with thrive Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
My mistake with thrive Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
My mistake with thrive Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
My mistake with thrive Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
My mistake with thrive Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
My mistake with thrive Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
My mistake with thrive Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
My mistake with thrive Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

My mistake with thrive

Go down 
+4
MitochondriaBox
Tarpy
Totemaster
Doggit
8 posters

I abandoned this forum?
Si
My mistake with thrive Viewfull?fguid=1049e16a-dab1-102d-a9f3-0030488e168c23%My mistake with thrive Viewfull?fguid=1049e16a-dab1-102d-a9f3-0030488e168c
 23% [ 5 ]
No
My mistake with thrive Viewfull?fguid=1049e16a-dab1-102d-a9f3-0030488e168c77%My mistake with thrive Viewfull?fguid=1049e16a-dab1-102d-a9f3-0030488e168c
 77% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

My mistake with thrive Empty
PostSubject: My mistake with thrive   My mistake with thrive EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:18 pm

You may not know , though I doubt it since it was discussed in one of the main threads on the forum , that shortly after my join on this forum (which took almost 2 years ago ) I started making a big mistake .. that of having plagiarized many songs .

But first things first :

Maybe I'll write a lot, but please read it all and after decide it.

Before I start a premise: I apologize for my grammatical errors .

When I joined in April of 2012, the project was not at the levels it is now and people can confirm  the old threads or old members.

In terms of programming , there was nothing .. nothing " playable" except some vague concept and, instead , musically there was only one song, one that I will continue to consider the best , that of the old Team Lead : hongchong7 that however, when I arrived , he had already abandoned the project . Thrive without leaving a Team Lead and without any composer .

In discussions of music could be seen only occasional users ( users who were often in the forum 1-2 weeks and then abandon ) by saying " I think this would be a perfect song " " not for me would be this " posting links from youtube . In short, there was absolutely no organization that is now . And most likely, indeed certainly , if I had started to participate in Thrive a year ago ( when things started to be more organized ) I would not have made ​​these mistakes .

The project, although it was at zero , it struck me right away and tried to help in any way I could. I remember that in the beginning I helped an old administrator ( Tenebrarum ) to translate into Italian the wiki of Thrive .

But I wanted to do more. But what could I do? I was not a programmer, I did not do music and I could not help in any way.

I thought, I thought, and I came out a stupid idea.

I went on Youtube and begins searching for ambient original songs that had a few views ( max 500) and downloaded it . Knowing that I could not upload them and pass them as my ( maybe also because the owners could find ), I decided to " overthrow " the meaning of the song and I noticed a strange thing that , at the time , I was happy ... the songs not only came out with a strange sound ( lwhen overturn a song and the result is something inaudible ), but it came out almost a completely different song .. a song that probably the same owner would not have realized .

I found that this effect occurred only for the songs ambient, but only for those songs that did not have musical instruments or vocals , but it only worked with the "ambient classic ."

Happy I tried to publish a song and see the result. As I was happy when they made me compliments. So I went on. I made so many songs that I had the need to open a Youtube channel .

At the time I published an average of 2-3 songs a week if not more. On the one hand I was happy because I noticed that people interested in the project increased (probably was not just because of me , but I believe that I made ​​it my part ) on the other began to make me a little ' crap for lying to everyone, but now I was inside .

Despite all this was the only " composer " then I tried composers active in the network. I was able to find several composers who , in spite of today have abandoned us , gave us a few songs while other composers have granted us the right to use their song .

I noticed that the composition of the list was filling up. Each stage had at least 5 songs. is at this time that I became Team Lead Music.
I noticed, with happiness, that there began to be the first composers fixed, like Oliver, the first programmers fixed, and the first "organizers" of the project as Nickthenick.

I was so happy that the project was starting to become something really feasible ... something very different than when I joined myself.

After my "promotion" my YouTube channel became the official channel of the game. You can imagine how I could be happy. But a part of me was wrong for having made ​​fun of many people. I would become so "important" for the project if I had not made ​​those mistakes? Probably not ... even certainly not.

but I looked on the bright side noticeable increase in interest in Thrive (the same youtube channel had more than 400 members, of which many active ... I found it hard to respond to all the comments and private messages :)I was almost going give your password out to Oliver for help :))

Then I decided one thing. To stop doing so and start to compose my music and completely original ... but I did not know where to start. I started with FL Studio and the first songs were really something horrible does not compare to what they used to hear about other members and the team.

After a while ' testing I decided to post something that was definitely better than the first test , but not comparable to " my" old songs.

In fact, I noticed that someone said without being noticed , "It was nice , but not as my usual ." I kept on practicing , but unfortunately failed to reach the levels of before.

After that, " abandoned " the forum for a period of a little ' down for personal reasons (transfer) and when I returned I decided to tell the truth to Oliver because I could not ( really ) keep this secret.

He was shocked . He was right . But I made them promise not to tell anyone except Sciocont . I asked her to pretend nothing happened and slowly begin to replace the new songs that we would do with the old ones making them go quietly into oblivion.

But within two weeks Oliver wrote on the forum (on discussion about list of themes...you can find them) that thing I said  on the related , but I do not blame him .

First of all he had to justify why those old songs were not present in the list and, after this, Oliver knew that it was difficult to replace those songs as they were absolutely perfect and it is difficult to achieve musically speaking parts so well developed only after years of practice.

There was another period of my absence, both for personal reasons and partly because I felt like Belgium when I went on the forum.

Lately I returned , trying to stay more active , with a new song (of course this is my own) , but I noticed that I was downgraded from " Music Team Lead " to " Regular" because during my absence there was a discussion among the members " main " forum . Some wanted bannarmi , others wanted to pretend nothing happened (from what I understand ) and others wanted declassarmi . They decided to declassarmi .

I have discussed this fact today on Skype with Oliver . There are really felt bad because , even though I was wrong , I tried to do everything for the project. Perhaps my mistakes have contributed positively. The same Oliver told me ( sorry if I quote you) that if it was not for me, for my songs that he had heard at the beginning ( even though they were not mine) probably would not have committed to become a composer . And for this, I am proud .

Now I tell you that I did not write this to switch the side of reason , why I'm wrong , but I wrote all this to be honest with the whole community of Thrive .

I was uncertain whether to continue or abandon the project to be leaving the community my original composition that I did ( will not be beautiful , but they are not junk ) and use them as you think best .

From the other hand , however, I will continue to stand with you to help you as I can.

I'm really undecided.

Because I lied to the community for almost a year and a half, I'd like you to be you to decide what to do.

Doggit.
Back to top Go down
Totemaster
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: My mistake with thrive   My mistake with thrive EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:40 pm

Well, I don't really know what the others think... but I at least forgive you, Doggit.

It may be that not all your videos were honest. But it's obvious that you feel sorry for what you've done, and won't do it again. And I trust that you'll compose music honestly from now on.

Therefore, I think you should stay.
Back to top Go down
Tarpy
Strategy Team Lead
Tarpy

PostSubject: Re: My mistake with thrive   My mistake with thrive EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:56 pm

I really see no reason why you should leave. Sure, you made a stupid mistake, but it was with good intentions and you obviously decided to stop copying the songs in the end. Mistakes should be, in most cases, forgiven if we learn from them.
Back to top Go down
MitochondriaBox
Learner
MitochondriaBox

PostSubject: Re: My mistake with thrive   My mistake with thrive EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 6:28 pm

I'm not one of the elder members who were here when you were doing this, so I can't really be the one to give forgiveness, but I'll give it anyway. It's not like you rigged the forum to explode.

Besides, there's quite a bit at stake if you leave. For starters, if you leave, then we'll have one less highly contributing user. You're one of the few composers on the "main team" (the people who have done the most to make Thrive what it is now that haven't already left, which brings me to my next point).

Secondly, you're from early 2012. That may not seem to matter, but hear me out. Now, most of the users that came on board before 2013 aren't around anymore. Now, this could mirror what new users like me are up to. If there's veterans like you to look up to, then Thrive will feel like it's thriving. If all the veterans like you left, then what would that mean for Thrive? It would look less like something people poured their hearts and souls into over the years and more like a piece of belgium being passed around until someone throws it away.

Thank you for sticking around for so long. Thrive's no hot potato, it's a potato eye. Please keep watering it.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: My mistake with thrive   My mistake with thrive EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 7:21 am

Thanks you guys
Back to top Go down
Armok: God of Blood
Newcomer
Armok: God of Blood

PostSubject: Re: My mistake with thrive   My mistake with thrive EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 9:40 pm

You openly admitted to your wrongdoings and you composed original music after realizing what you did was wrong. You deserve all the kudos and I want you to stay and keep contributing! We all do stupid things, but they must be forgiven.
Back to top Go down
T0N12
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: My mistake with thrive   My mistake with thrive EmptyWed May 21, 2014 11:06 am

Don't abandon the forums we need everyone that can help us no matter how small.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: My mistake with thrive   My mistake with thrive EmptyThu May 22, 2014 5:45 pm

T0N12 wrote:
Don't abandon the forums we need everyone that can help us no matter how small.

I did not abandon the project (I've also seen that many people have voted against my exit from the forum), I will remain to help, give advice to the songs, I will publish songs (more sporadically) and will continue to manage the Italian youtube channel. As soon as there will be important news about the Thrive will publish and when there will be a playable something more I can do a sort of "gameplay".
Back to top Go down
cristhian361
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: My mistake with thrive   My mistake with thrive EmptySat May 02, 2015 7:06 pm

mm this topic is one year old, i joined to this project in a few months ago, so i don't know what happened before; and i completely forgive you and i hope that this will be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: My mistake with thrive   My mistake with thrive EmptySun May 03, 2015 1:45 am

Please don't necropost. This thread is, as you stated, a year old. You aren't accomplishing much by forgiving Doggit a year later.

I also deleted your posts on the other threads, since those necroposts were on threads that were over 2 years old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My mistake with thrive   My mistake with thrive Empty

Back to top Go down

My mistake with thrive
Page 1 of 1