Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Thrive Task List - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Thrive Task List

Go down 
+6
NickTheNick
AwesomeSiebren
TheRabiesGuineaPig
Tritium
crovea
Oliveriver
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
moopli
Developer
moopli

Thrive Task List - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrive Task List   Thrive Task List - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 11:55 pm

Not the place to ask that. You'll have to flesh out your question a little more though if you want anything more than a flat no-we-haven't-finalized-it-it's-too-far-away. But don't ask (or apologize for asking in the wrong place) here, do it on the thread made for questions like yours. Thanks

Tangentially related, for everyone else -- seems like this forum is also open for any forum member to post. Is it a bug or a feature? I'm guessing you can't restrict this forum without also restricting the miscellanibugs thread? Perhaps the next iteration of the thread should go in the introductions forum -- or, if we ever go through with some earlier suggestion I had, in a game-suggestions/fan-discussion subforum.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Task List   Thrive Task List - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 1:06 am

Aha, I knew I was forgetting something, and that something was a game suggestions subforum. I'll get onto that right now. We had agreed on this earlier but it was never put in place.

EDIT: Okay so the subforum is up. Should I restrict the Forum Support and Suggestions Subforum to non-Developers then (Misc. thread included)? Should I move the misc thread to the game suggestions subforum and restrict the rest of the subforum?

Last edited by NickTheNick on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:16 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Back to top Go down
moopli
Developer
moopli

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Task List   Thrive Task List - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 9:03 am

I'd suggest moving the misc thread, along with a very large number of the threads currently in here, to Game Suggestions. If we do that, the main reason to restrict Forum Support is gone, since the biggest problem here was the panoply of game suggestions, and the Game Suggestions subforum is the escape valve that'll allow us to avoid simply shutting off new-member access to Forum Support. Leaving Forum Support open has the secondary benefit of giving new members a direct path to the higher-ups when they have complaints about the forum.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Task List   Thrive Task List - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 1:20 pm

So I should probably add a few updates to the progress of the tasks outlined:

• Complete developers/newcomers split - The developer group has been split off from everything else with a newcomer group created for those who can't yet post anywhere but the introductions subforum and misc thread, so I suppose it's arguable that, for now, there's not much more that can really be done here. Completion of the item below would mean the entire developers group would have to be sorted, though, so it may require more thought by that point.
  • Create and organise separate developer groups - Usergroups corresponding to the different areas of development have been created, but no one's in them yet.
  • Move current website and other assets to a Thrive-only server - The files (bar the podcast) have been uploaded to GitHub pages courtesy of Moopli, but the domain transfer is still to come. I've looked into how it might be possible, so Moopli, if you're able to do it we can work through it on the Skype chat. I do have one related question which has come up, though - is there any security currently on the GitHub page? If not, it would probably be a good idea to limit file editing to those who have been added to the Revolutionary Games group. While this is probably a little paranoid, the fact that the current server is password protected and, as far as I can tell, GitHub isn't (correct me if it is and I'm being stupid) made me think of it.
  • Finish the updated website - With WJacobC unable to help much for the time being, this is probably going to stagnate a while longer. A website structure of some sort would be infinitely better than the current static HTML documents for our purposes, for reasons I've previously explained.
  • Contact Quasar for a joint podcast - Already in progress. The questions and podcast structure are being brainstormed, but as of yet no date or time has been set - that's going to be fairly tricky.
  • Start work on shorter development updates to post to media outlets - This is probably being handled by the outreach discussion - as soon as the next major build is released, it would probably be a good idea to plaster it over all Thrive's media outlets as soon as possible, providing it's something we're happy with releasing.
Back to top Go down
http://oliverlugg.com/
moopli
Developer
moopli

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Task List   Thrive Task List - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 10:50 pm

It seems to me we already have a pretty good sorted list of developers, courtesy of none other than you. If anyone's left over, they'll be easy to catch once we've gone through and given all developers that have done something a rank/title that fits. It'll be harmless to have some left over, anyway -- you don't absolutely need to be in a particular usergroup to contribute, after all. We all managed fine for a long while without them, if we put people in groups right now, anyone we might miss will manage too.

Oliver wrote:
correct me
Anyone can look but few can touch. The repo is open-source, so anybody can go see what the html looks like, but you have to be a project collaborator to be allowed to edit. However, anyone who wants to improve the website can. All you need is a GitHub account, and you can fork the repo, and start fiddling with the gh-pages branch -- on your own fork. Then, when you've made some good progress, make a pull request, and we can look over your changes, suggest improvements, and hopefully accept the changes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thrive Task List   Thrive Task List - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thrive Task List
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3