Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread

Go down 
+9
Commander Keen
US_of_Alaska
~sciocont
Albalrogue
Invader
Tenebrarum
Vegemyte
2creator
Pezzalis
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 2:49 am

US_of_Alaska wrote:
Loving this Tech Editor music, Pezz. Really nice work.

Heres a Spacey melody that I've thrown together, possibly as a concept for title screen music.

Thrive Title Theme

What is the title screen gonna be like btw? The galaxy in spore was cool perhaps it could be a procedurally generated space phenomenon ie Random every time, it could be a nebula one time, a galaxy another time. Ok enough off topic chatter
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 3:21 am

Pezzalis wrote:
Heres a Spacey melody that I've thrown together, possibly as a concept for title screen music.

Thrive Title Theme

What is the title screen gonna be like btw? The galaxy in spore was cool perhaps it could be a procedurally generated space phenomenon ie Random every time, it could be a nebula one time, a galaxy another time. Ok enough off topic chatter
I like it. Maybe try using the same melody for a tribal tune or a pre-sapience danger tune? Just to see if it can fit elsewhere, to make a tune that Thrive players will always have in their head.

I think we can worry about that much later, when we are closer to having something.
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 5:56 am

Pezzalis wrote:
Thrive Title Theme

Good song, I think it would fit more as Spectator mode music, when the scene is calm.

Alaska wrote:
Just to see if it can fit elsewhere, to make a tune that Thrive players will always have in their head.

Music players like to have in their head must be good, not frequently repeated, that makes music annoying.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 2:49 pm

Pezzalis wrote:

Thrive Title Theme
I'm not really digging that... sounds too synthesized and happy for my taste.
Back to top Go down
Tenebrarum
Society Team Lead
Tenebrarum

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Pezzalis wrote:

Thrive Title Theme

Quite good! I'd say keep it, but change the insturments. Pick up the pace a bit and introduce a few variations. Do that and we're pretty dang good here!
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 12:41 am

Commander Keen wrote:
Music players like to have in their head must be good, not frequently repeated, that makes music annoying.
But isn't the point of having a theme tune to have it be repeated with slight alterations? Something that the player can hear any variation of and go "Hey! That's the Thrive music!"?
Back to top Go down
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 7:22 am

Well I think first we need an epically intriguing inspiring theme tune that doesn't really get boring.

Its hard to do but we should get one before we begin to make other tracks.
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 9:09 am

US_of_Alaska wrote:
But isn't the point of having a theme tune to have it be repeated with slight alterations? Something that the player can hear any variation of and go "Hey! That's the Thrive music!"?

Players should recognize and like all our songs, not just the theme one. The theme should just be the one that people always point to if someone asks them for Thrive music.
Back to top Go down
eumesmo
Regular
eumesmo

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 7:35 pm

recognising all our songs is a bit too much maybe, but the main one, indeed, it's important they do
Back to top Go down
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 2:23 am

Well played around with a few styles of the tune....
And made 3 time-era based theme tunes...

~Tribal~

~Industrial~

~Digital~

In my opinion we need a good tune, the one I got here doesn't quite cut it for me =/
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 10:10 am

eumesmo wrote:
recognising all our songs is a bit too much maybe, but the main one, indeed, it's important they do

We should not have music just to fill silence, but to induce the right feeling. And that makes players remember the music.

Pezzalis wrote:
~Tribal~

I like the begginning of the song. but at 0:09 it starts to sound too happy. Tribemen had rough living, try to aim for something colder.

Pezzalis wrote:
~Industrial~

I'm sorry, but I don't like this one at all. At first it seems like a classical military tune but then you mix it with a peacful melody, and that did not came out well.

Pezzalis wrote:
~Digital~

Again, too happy melody. This time, shiftining it halftone down might help alot.
Back to top Go down
Tenebrarum
Society Team Lead
Tenebrarum

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 10:19 am

Commander Keen wrote:
eumesmo wrote:

We should not have music just to fill silence, but to induce the right feeling. And that makes players remember the music.

Pezzalis wrote:
~Tribal~

I like the begginning of the song. but at 0:09 it starts to sound too happy. Tribemen had rough living, try to aim for something colder.

Pezzalis wrote:
~Industrial~

I'm sorry, but I don't like this one at all. At first it seems like a classical military tune but then you mix it with a peacful melody, and that did not came out well.

Pezzalis wrote:
~Digital~

Again, too happy melody. This time, shiftining it halftone down might help alot.

QFT
Back to top Go down
Pezzalis
Regular
Pezzalis

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Hehe yeah but as I've said I don't particularly like the melody either. We need a really good one that we can all agree on :]
Back to top Go down
Noitulove
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 3:31 am

~sciocont wrote:
Pezzalis wrote:

Thrive Title Theme
I'm not really digging that... sounds too synthesized and happy for my taste.

I know this post is kind of old and pretty critical, but I'm going to reply to it anyway.

I have to agree with this (and, sorry, same goes for the editor themes but I'm not talking about that particular, now). I was hoping that we'd lean towards a more mysterious, organic, spacey feel representing the galaxy, in all its sparkly, beautiful, CPU-overwhelming glory, while still having that melody you could hum in your head all day, even when you weren't playing the game itself.

To me, Spore nailed that down pretty well, even if it did have awful gameplay and, unlike what it had promised, had as little to do with science as possible.

Now I know you may be saying, "What? Why would we want to have anything to do with Spore? It failed. It's a piece of belgium. We shouldn't go in its direction." Well, in some aspects it did fail, but music/ambience wasn't really one of them, if you ask me, anyway. Listen.

But it's not like we should copy Spore's way of music. I really think that we might want to start the (main menu/theme) music off simple, with just the melody itself, and add more background instruments as we go.. Also, it shouldn't sound so happy-go-lucky. Maybe in a lower tone, though we may have to rework the melody altogether, which is okay as we're basically just at a conceptual point, and not just in music.

Anyway, music isn't really something we should worry about now, as much as actually making the game.

And something I just thought up, right now. I thought it'd be interesting to incorporate.. what's that called, when the higher instruments, I.E synth stay the same but the lower instruments, I.E bass change pitch but the synth stays the same but it still sort of matches in with the bass?

Someone enlighten me.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:54 pm

If all you guys want to see some melodies for a theme I'll come up with something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread   Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Theme Tune And/Or Trailer music thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3