Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Links to outside marketing sites

Go down 
+17
Djohaal
andry796
The Uteen
mikalics
The_Noob
YourBreakfast
Noitulove
Commander Keen
maker.of.light
koiboi59
GamerXA
DragonEye4
Invader
Poisson
US_of_Alaska
~sciocont
ADMIN
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:58 am

I found a video-game design website we could advertise on:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/forum.asp?forum_id=17

I don't know what to post though, or whether someone else should post.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:26 am

Don't post there for now. I'll do a write-up on my trip. Then we'll prepare it and post.
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:55 pm

~sciocont wrote:
Don't post there for now. I'll do a write-up on my trip. Then we'll prepare it and post.
Have you posted it yet?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:56 pm

DragonEye4 wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
Have you posted it yet?
Tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
DragonEye4
Regular
DragonEye4

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 9:08 pm

~sciocont wrote:
DragonEye4 wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
Have you posted it yet?
Tomorrow.
I can't find it, did you forget?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 12:25 pm

It's in the original thread zim set up
Back to top Go down
maker.of.light
Newcomer
maker.of.light

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 8:29 am

how much will this game cost when its released?
Back to top Go down
koiboi59
Learner
koiboi59

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:36 am

maker.of.light wrote:
how much will this game cost when its released?

i believe most of us are thinking it will be "freeware". i still say we could sell it for at least 30 though
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:21 pm

koiboi59 wrote:
i still say we could sell it for at least 30 though

This is the right way to get rid of 75% of our playerbase, also with the bonus of inability to release sourcecode. This game really has to be free.

Back to top Go down
maker.of.light
Newcomer
maker.of.light

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:05 pm

Commander Keen wrote:
koiboi59 wrote:

This is the right way to get rid of 75% of our playerbase, also with the bonus of inability to release sourcecode. This game really has to be free.

Whoot freeware! now THATS what i want. besides the best things in life are free Oh and what about a beta and/or a release date? cant wait for this game. Oh and what age group are you aiming to get? E? E10? T? Maybe even M?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:18 pm

maker.of.light wrote:
Commander Keen wrote:
koiboi59 wrote:

Whoot freeware! now THATS what i want. besides the best things in life are free Oh and what about a beta and/or a release date? cant wait for this game. Oh and what age group are you aiming to get? E? E10? T? Maybe even M?
Being freeware, we won't be able to get it rated by any companies like the ESRB. It's a game that you make almost everything in, so it can be as graphic or benign as you wish.
Back to top Go down
maker.of.light
Newcomer
maker.of.light

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:24 pm

~sciocont wrote:
maker.of.light wrote:
Commander Keen wrote:
koiboi59 wrote:

Being freeware, we won't be able to get it rated by any companies like the ESRB. It's a game that you make almost everything in, so it can be as graphic or benign as you wish.

Ahh, I see... But what about a planned release date or a beta release date?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:39 pm

maker.of.light wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
maker.of.light wrote:
Commander Keen wrote:
koiboi59 wrote:

We'll be releasing it as we make it, continuously updating and adding to the game by patches.
Back to top Go down
maker.of.light
Newcomer
maker.of.light

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:46 am

~sciocont wrote:
maker.of.light wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
maker.of.light wrote:
Commander Keen wrote:
koiboi59 wrote:

We'll be releasing it as we make it, continuously updating and adding to the game by patches.

I ment when are you going to release a stable and playable version of te game. ... or atleast a playable version.
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 6:51 pm

It isn't set for now. But I'm sure it will take quite some time, many months at least.
Back to top Go down
maker.of.light
Newcomer
maker.of.light

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Commander Keen wrote:
It isn't set for now. But I'm sure it will take quite some time, many months at least.

So were talking about any time though 6 months to 11 months atleast?
Back to top Go down
Noitulove
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:22 pm

maker.of.light wrote:
Commander Keen wrote:

You seem like a very impatient one.

As far as I know this project won't be finished for a very, very long time. But 6 to 11 months does seem about right. However, with this amount of coders I think we'll only have half the game done unless we get more.
Back to top Go down
YourBreakfast
Learner
YourBreakfast

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:49 pm

maker.of.light wrote:
Commander Keen wrote:

Hold your horses there. Rome wasn't built in a day. Videogames take time, and because we can't pay our programmers, it'll take even longer.
But I AM thinking about a year/year and a half.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Experienced
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:14 am

YourBreakfast wrote:

I agree, that's pretty realistic. If only people would log on more often...
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:26 pm

InvaderZim wrote:
YourBreakfast wrote:

I agree, that's pretty realistic. If only people would log on more often...
We don't hve a hell of a lot to discuss, until someone either comes up with a perfect fix for the TE or i get my Belgium in gear and polish up the PE. Which i might just do... with the help of a little music.
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:08 pm

PE? What's that? Maybe someone should make a dictionary.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:53 pm

Commander Keen wrote:
Planet editor. A dictionary's not a half bad idea, actually.
Back to top Go down
YourBreakfast
Learner
YourBreakfast

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:02 pm

~sciocont wrote:
Commander Keen wrote:
Planet editor. A dictionary's not a half bad idea, actually.
I was actually thinking about doing that back at the Evo forum. Might make on....
Back to top Go down
US_of_Alaska
Overall Team Co-Lead
US_of_Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:18 pm

YourBreakfast wrote:
I was actually thinking about doing that back at the Evo forum. Might make on....
Link?
Back to top Go down
YourBreakfast
Learner
YourBreakfast

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:29 am

US_of_Alaska wrote:
YourBreakfast wrote:
Link?
No, I didn't make one. Though I was about to. But that's when all the Belgium went to pieces.
Plus, it looks like Invader beat me to it. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Links to outside marketing sites   Links to outside marketing sites - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Links to outside marketing sites
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next