Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Simple language generator (v1.01)

Go down 
+7
ido66667
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Tenebrarum
GamerXA
roadkillguy
~sciocont
Commander Keen
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simple language generator (v1.01)   Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:43 pm

Commander Keen wrote:
I'll see about it. Loading from a file will be much easier to implement, if you don't mind.
That's fine.
Back to top Go down
ido66667
Regular
ido66667

PostSubject: Re: Simple language generator (v1.01)   Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:14 am

Nice...
It will be Awesome IN Game
Back to top Go down
GalvinNerth

PostSubject: Re: Simple language generator (v1.01)   Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:32 am

This looks like a good idea, just one thing, me being the linguistic person I am, I have noticed you have to many consonants clustered together in the creation of each language, which I promise does not look alien.

Each language is sort of turning out like a scrabble set, some of them are entirely consonants.

A reason why consonants do not get clustered together to often is due to the great difficulty of saying the words that result, even for an alien. Also just to let you know there are plenty of other consonants out there: Trilled R, B, P; and a whole slue of other types that are completely left out in English, just look up consonants on Wikipedia.

Elvish (Quenya) is a good example that you should take a look into as well, not many consonant clusters, and it is not Polynesian, with Vowel Clusters.

I know some links that may be helpful though.
Random phonology generator.
Other links

Also if you want a main language, I have started a forum for Conlanging (Constructed language building) that would be a nice place for me to help a little.

My Forums of Constructed language

But with a little work I may be quite pleased with how this turns out.
Back to top Go down
Commander Keen
Industrial Team Lead
Commander Keen

Location : Czech Republic (not that anyone would know where it is...)

PostSubject: Re: Simple language generator (v1.01)   Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:18 pm

The generator just randomly puts letters together now and calls the result words, that's why it's called simple Improving it is certainly planned, but I'm no linguist, so I could use help with that.

Also Scio, sorry for not posting the loading version. Do you still want it?
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Simple language generator (v1.01)   Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:54 pm

Commander Keen wrote:
The generator just randomly puts letters together now and calls the result words, that's why it's called simple Improving it is certainly planned, but I'm no linguist, so I could use help with that.

Sure if it's not too much trouble.
Back to top Go down
GalvinNerth

PostSubject: Re: Simple language generator (v1.01)   Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Commander Keen wrote:

Well anytime you need any help just ask.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simple language generator (v1.01)   Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:36 pm

Just spitballing here, but it would be neat if they could correspond to some english (or any other language) words and we could have pre-made sentences or phrases to be spoken in the generated language so the player will hear consistency?
Back to top Go down
Daniferrito
Experienced
Daniferrito

PostSubject: Re: Simple language generator (v1.01)   Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 10:03 am

Just for the sake ot that consistency, wath do you think if we took a translating program, lets say, english to spanish, and introducing some iregularities we might be able to get a completely new language still having some kind of structure and maybe even be human pronunciable. I would need to see about this to see if it is really feasible.

Another thing would be to have some kind of dictionary for each language, that gets filled by the word generator, so words keep its meaning, and sentences are generated translating from that dictionary sentences from any human language or some semi random generated structure.

With this second option, it would be really easy to give acces to the player to a dictionary containing any word used by its race, with translation to the user language in case of verbs, adjectives and other untangible things, or a representation of the thing it refers to tangible things that dont exist IRL (whether it is an animal, planet, kind of building, craft...)
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: Simple language generator (v1.01)   Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 6:24 pm

Daniferrito wrote:
Just for the sake ot that consistency, wath do you think if we took a translating program, lets say, english to spanish, and introducing some iregularities we might be able to get a completely new language still having some kind of structure and maybe even be human pronunciable. I would need to see about this to see if it is really feasible.

Another thing would be to have some kind of dictionary for each language, that gets filled by the word generator, so words keep its meaning, and sentences are generated translating from that dictionary sentences from any human language or some semi random generated structure.

With this second option, it would be really easy to give acces to the player to a dictionary containing any word used by its race, with translation to the user language in case of verbs, adjectives and other untangible things, or a representation of the thing it refers to tangible things that dont exist IRL (whether it is an animal, planet, kind of building, craft...)
If you want to experiment with this sort of thing, go ahead. We'll use whatever works best and doesn't hog processing power.
Back to top Go down
Darkgamma
Learner
Darkgamma

PostSubject: Re: Simple language generator (v1.01)   Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Does anyone have a need for a conlinguist ^^ ?

First of all, OP, but better
Back to top Go down
Rorsten594
Newcomer
Rorsten594

PostSubject: Re: Simple language generator (v1.01)   Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 8:43 pm

i do not get how to use this one site
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple language generator (v1.01)   Simple language generator (v1.01) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Simple language generator (v1.01)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2