Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

On Leave (Offline thread)

Go down 
+36
Inca
Tarpy
Aiosian_Doctor_Xenox
Oliveriver
WJacobC
Thriving Cheese
Seregon
WilliamstheJohn
RodGame
untrustedlife
alduin2013
ido66667
Daniferrito
Noone
GmansWatching
Pyrotin
Tenebrarum
specialk2121
Hellome118
Mysterious_Calligrapher
Noitulove
Gotrol
Vegemyte
Albalrogue
eumesmo
Xenopologist
Commander Keen
YourBreakfast
Bashinerox
The Uteen
US_of_Alaska
Poisson
Lukas99
koiboi59
Invader
~sciocont
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:01 am

No worries, it's just never happened before.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 5:22 pm

I will be leaving tomorrow for one of my longest absences in a while, and I won't be back for about two and a half weeks. During that time, I will have access to an ipad and occasional wifi, but I cannot be online as regularly as right now, and I will not have access to all my tools and applications on my desktop. 

However, what's more important is what takes place here. We, or at least some of us, have set the goal to have a playable Microbe Stage, that is a stage with cells going around, eating each other, a main menu, some music, and not necessarily any evolution but just something beyond the minimum to be a game. We are not bound to reach this goal, but striving to reach a goal can greatly help stimulate progress. So, I really want to encourage everyone here to put in the time they can to constructively working on the game. A trend I have noticed recently, as have some of the other mods, is that development has become more and more about ideas, and the ideas themselves are become less and less specific. Right now, ideas and concept are not what we need. We need models, textures, animations, code, project management, outreach, sounds, music, GUI, scientific experience, mathematical experience, and mostly skills that require some practice and yield concrete results. So please, to everyone on the forums, try and work as hard as you can to progress in these fields for the Microbe Stage. We are so close to having a finished stage.

Mods, you can use this thread (https://thrivegame.canadaboard.net/t1223-development-bulletin-microbe) to keep track of updates and changes with the Microbe Stage. There is also the Microbe Stage Progress Report, and some threads for tracking the development of the art department, music and sounds, the implementation of agents and organelles, and coding. There is also a podcast coming up. Please use this time to get as much of this done as possible. Remember, yielding progress and results, and finishing the first release of the Microbe Stage, will all hugely help in refilling us with the motivation we need to keep working on the project, no matter how disheartened we may get at the moment.

Amidst all this, it can get easy to be burnt out, to work and work and work on this project, and feel like it is to no avail. But that is not how a game gets done. The best games out there that will always be remembered were made by teams that kept going. They kept going when the going got tough, and they looked back in relief when the job was done. And if still motivated, they would continue to go, and develop the game to new heights with additional features. We need to remember that. Any time any of us quits, or feels discouraged, we need to remember that quitting won't make this game. Great projects are only completed by those who keep working until the job is done.

I look forward to my return, and I also look forward to the developments you guys will make as we approach the end of summer break, the beginning of school/university, and then the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:52 pm

THANK YOU! You have officially spoke my mind about the state of the current project.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:21 am

I'd quote that for truth ten times, but that would take up the entire page. Well said, and I hope everyone takes note.
Back to top Go down
http://oliverlugg.com/
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 7:54 am

Hey all, I'm back now, what have I missed?
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/inca_uk
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:48 am

Good to have you back. We did get a new release for the Microbe Stage out, on the progress report, and some discussions here and there on evolution. We also got the concept animation out by Oliveriver, which was very nice. Someone else could fill me in on anything I missed. However, things are at a slower pace now with summer holidays. Soon things should start moving again at the pace of March, April, and May.
Back to top Go down
meldebious
Newcomer
meldebious

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Hey my internet went down for a few days (Storm) But its fixed and I'm here, but I'm starting work so you might hear me a little less, but I assure you I am around.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 11:05 pm

Okay, I'm back, and I plan to get a lot of headway into the FP Discussion thread, the Crash Course Evolution thread, and the development of the Microbe Stage in general. There is still a lot to do, but we are so much farther than we have ever been, especially with the release of 0.2.0.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:19 am

With school starting the forums have gotten quite quiet and I myself have become more of an observer. Well I didn't want to let this happen, so now that I have settled into school I will be returning in full force tomorrow to continue participating, and hopefully incite some activity in the forums towards development.
Back to top Go down
meldebious
Newcomer
meldebious

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:03 am

I haven't been on here as much, as I'm starting school, just started my new full time job, been doing some DnD on roll20, got into the alpha of Isomer and have been doing a lot of work on that for the developer. Plus I try to spend time with my wife, but don't worry I'm still here and check in often.
Back to top Go down
untrustedlife
Regular
untrustedlife

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:23 pm

It is with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to all you great people on the thrive team as of now, I am gone and will no longer be active developing and have left the official skype group. I may come back, however I highly doubt it. Thanks for all the experience working with a team and for all the great things we have done together.

Good bye
For now.
Back to top Go down
PortalFan1000
Learner
PortalFan1000

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 11:15 pm

Why are you leaving? Moving? What?
Back to top Go down
untrustedlife
Regular
untrustedlife

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 12:34 am

I just have no time anymore.
Back to top Go down
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 12:35 am

untrustedlife wrote:
It is with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to all you great people on the thrive team as of now, I am gone and will no longer be active developing and have left the official skype group. I may come back, however I highly doubt it. Thanks for all the experience working with a team and for all the great things we have done together.

Good bye
For now.
Thank you for all of your contributions to the game- you will be missed.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 1:28 am

It was an honour to have you on the team Mike, and your presence will be missed. The prototype you made in your first weeks here really set a good example of personal initiative for the project for others to strive towards. Good luck with what goals you pursue!
Back to top Go down
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:15 am

untrustedlife wrote:

Good bye
For now.
Oh wow, good to you have you on the team and good luck with your endeavors.
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

Location : England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:47 am

untrustedlife wrote:

Good bye
For now.
Good luck with whatever else you're doing. You'll be sorely missed here. :( 
Back to top Go down
Inca
Regular
Inca

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 6:38 pm

I guess some of you may have noticed my absence, but I feel I aught to explain myself. I'm now back at uni and have loads of work to do as I'm in my second year and this year is worth half of my final grade so I've got a fair tonne of work to do. Also I now live with a bunch of friends so there's always something going on which drags me away from my laptop, and therefore Thrive.

I still come on the forum everyday before going to bed and read the new posts, but rarely have enough time to give input in each area. I will try to keep on top of the Space stage, which I where I think I will focus. So yeah, I'll try and come back here when I can, but just thought I'd let you guys know whats going down and whats happening when I'm not around.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Great to hear from you again Inca.

Good luck with university and the whatever you pursue! It's good to hear you'll check up when you can.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:35 pm

I will be away for the next few days. Make sure to keep the forum in order and keep the development rolling smoothly guys. Great work on everything that's been achieved recently.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 4:05 pm

I'll be gone for a trip for the next 5 days.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:58 am

I'll be away for the following several days until next week. Keep up the good work on the Microbe Stage!  :) 
Back to top Go down
Oliveriver
Music Team Co-Lead
Oliveriver

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 10:51 am

I'll be in Italy for the next few days, and after that I won't have much free time for a couple of weeks. Keep posting themes anyway - I'll make sure I listen to them when I get back.
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 3:28 am

I apologize for the absence, just had a new computer set up which took quite a while, and so I'll be returning to posting shortly.

Last edited by NickTheNick on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cut out half way.)
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 11:34 pm

(It appears I've been doing most of the leaving in the past months, as well as Oliver?)

I'll be leaving tomorrow on a two week trip. I will have very limited access to the forums from there.

In the meantime, we have another release to work on (mainly GUI), and after that release we should presumably begin some outreach to expand our development team (coincidentally around the same time I'll be back and fresh to work).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On Leave (Offline thread)   On Leave (Offline thread) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

On Leave (Offline thread)
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next