Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Still need dem programmers ? Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Still need dem programmers ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Apeiron
Newcomer

Still need dem programmers ? Empty
PostSubject: Still need dem programmers ?   Still need dem programmers ? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:03 am

Hai, name's Frank.

I've managed to stumble upon Thrive and the project looks very interesting and I'd like to join the party.

I come from Slovakia and I study computer science,
although it's more of a "compulsory ride" rather than something that will truly enrich my knowledge of the field.

I'm mostly interested in general algorithms and data structures than anything particular, also I tend to love me some math intensive stuff.
I started working on an indie game a while ago but the project seems to be fairly inactive,
so I'm looking for something challenging to work on again.

I have some professional experience, mostly image-processing related stuff and some network-data-crunching using FPGAs.
(And I don't want to see Verilog ever ever again.)

I don't mind picking up any imperative or functional language, although I consider myself a C++ Connoisseur.
I also have experience with ASM x32 / x64, Verilog, C, Python, Haskell
Language of choice: Well, C++

I'd like to be working on stuff that I have no experience with, since this is more of a learning opportunity for me than anything else.

I'm not sure what to present myself with, maybe my SO account will be of any use, although I get the very sexy message while trying to link it:
" New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information. "
My username on the SO is ScarletAmaranth, this should give you some insight as to what I'm interested in.

I'm also a decent chess player, decent guitar player and I spend quite a lot of time playing computer games, so I might be able to help with design-related stuff.

Also, Y U send plaintext passwords in dem e-mails ?!

Edit: Uuh, oh, SO being StackOverflow. Can't link, QQ.
Back to top Go down
Doggit
Regular
Doggit

PostSubject: Re: Still need dem programmers ?   Still need dem programmers ? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:12 am

Apeiron wrote:
Hai, name's Frank.

I've managed to stumble upon Thrive and the project looks very interesting and I'd like to join the party.

I come from Slovakia and I study computer science,
although it's more of a "compulsory ride" rather than something that will truly enrich my knowledge of the field.

I'm mostly interested in general algorithms and data structures than anything particular, also I tend to love me some math intensive stuff.
I started working on an indie game a while ago but the project seems to be fairly inactive,
so I'm looking for something challenging to work on again.

I have some professional experience, mostly image-processing related stuff and some network-data-crunching using FPGAs.
(And I don't want to see Verilog ever ever again.)

I don't mind picking up any imperative or functional language, although I consider myself a C++ Connoisseur.
I also have experience with ASM x32 / x64, Verilog, C, Python, Haskell
Language of choice: Well, C++

I'd like to be working on stuff that I have no experience with, since this is more of a learning opportunity for me than anything else.

I'm not sure what to present myself with, maybe my SO account will be of any use, although I get the very sexy message while trying to link it:
" New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information. "
My username on the SO is ScarletAmaranth, this should give you some insight as to what I'm interested in.

I'm also a decent chess player, decent guitar player and I spend quite a lot of time playing computer games, so I might be able to help with design-related stuff.

Also, Y U send plaintext passwords in dem e-mails ?!

Edit: Uuh, oh, SO being StackOverflow. Can't link, QQ.

welcome..we realy need new programmers
Back to top Go down
The Uteen
Sandbox Team Lead
The Uteen

PostSubject: Re: Still need dem programmers ?   Still need dem programmers ? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:43 am

Welcome!

Three programmers in just 24 hours? Unbelievably awesome.
Back to top Go down
Apeiron
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Still need dem programmers ?   Still need dem programmers ? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:59 am

The Uteen wrote:
Welcome!

Three programmers in just 24 hours? Unbelievably awesome.

Hey, I'm nicely surprised by the welcome. Thanks.
Also, anyone fancy giving me "Thrive Dev 101" ?
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Still need dem programmers ?   Still need dem programmers ? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:59 pm

@The Uteen: I know! Where the belgium is everyone coming from?

@Aperion: Welcome to the Thrive project.

Always great to see a new programmer offer his skills. What with this influx of programmers I was thinking was should have somewhere we could coordinate tasks and such. What do you guys think?

Anyways, as for the Thrive Dev 101, there's so much to say. Make sure you read the FAQ's, Wiki, and OE CC linked at the top left hand of the screen. Currently, the team lead Sciocont is off for ten days and in the meantime we are working on a compound
system with Seregon (another one of our programmers) and a societal
structure system, with myself. Many concepts are being suggested left and right, but nowadays it is important to start pinning down the math, the numbers, and the variables to bring all this to life. We plan on completing the Microbe stage soon, and hopefully you with your programming proficiency could help!

Have fun on the team!
Back to top Go down
Apeiron
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Still need dem programmers ?   Still need dem programmers ? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:42 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
@The Uteen: I know! Where the belgium is everyone coming from?

@Aperion: Welcome to the Thrive project.

Always great to see a new programmer offer his skills. What with this influx of programmers I was thinking was should have somewhere we could coordinate tasks and such. What do you guys think?

Anyways, as for the Thrive Dev 101, there's so much to say. Make sure you read the FAQ's, Wiki, and OE CC linked at the top left hand of the screen. Currently, the team lead Sciocont is off for ten days and in the meantime we are working on a compound
system with Seregon (another one of our programmers) and a societal
structure system, with myself. Many concepts are being suggested left and right, but nowadays it is important to start pinning down the math, the numbers, and the variables to bring all this to life. We plan on completing the Microbe stage soon, and hopefully you with your programming proficiency could help!

Have fun on the team!

So, I dunno where to ask exactly but I have a couple of questions if you don't mind ! Are you guys keeping up with the recent C++ standards ? Have you done any refactoring to cater to C++11 changes ? Is the code-base being taken care of ? I'm asking because I've been looking for some projects recently and I got scared away from quite a few due to poor standards both coding-style-wise and overall quality-wise. I've actually got many more questions but I think the most important factor for me is to know whether people here care and know what they're doing (No offense! :P)
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Still need dem programmers ?   Still need dem programmers ? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Apeiron wrote:
So, I dunno where to ask exactly but I have a couple of questions if you don't mind ! Are you guys keeping up with the recent C++ standards ? Have you done any refactoring to cater to C++11 changes ? Is the code-base being taken care of ? I'm asking because I've been looking for some projects recently and I got scared away from quite a few due to poor standards both coding-style-wise and overall quality-wise. I've actually got many more questions but I think the most important factor for me is to know whether people here care and know what they're doing (No offense! :P)

None taken

For questions on coding, you should ask Seregon, he is one of our lead programmers.
Back to top Go down
Apeiron
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Still need dem programmers ?   Still need dem programmers ? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:07 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
Apeiron wrote:

None taken

For questions on coding, you should ask Seregon, he is one of our lead programmers.

How do I contant this Seregon guy ?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
NickTheNick
Overall Team Co-Lead
NickTheNick

PostSubject: Re: Still need dem programmers ?   Still need dem programmers ? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:19 pm

PM, which stands for Personal Message. If you go to your inbox, click new, and it acts as an email sort of thing. You could also ask in the FAQ thread or the Miscellaneous Bugs and Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread and wait for a reply. I would go with the former.
Back to top Go down
Apeiron
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Still need dem programmers ?   Still need dem programmers ? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:40 pm

NickTheNick wrote:
PM, which stands for Personal Message. If you go to your inbox, click new, and it acts as an email sort of thing. You could also ask in the FAQ thread or the Miscellaneous Bugs and Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread and wait for a reply. I would go with the former.

Thanks for your assistance, I've send the lad a message.
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Still need dem programmers ?   Still need dem programmers ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Still need dem programmers ?
Page 1 of 1