Thrive Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrive Game Development

Development of the evolution game Thrive.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and returning members!
If you're new, read around a bit before you post: the odds are we've already covered your suggestion.
If you want to join the development team, sign up and tell us why.
ADMIN is pleased to note that this marquee has finally been updated.
ADMIN reminds you that the Devblog is REQUIRED reading.
Currently: The Microbe Stage GUI is under heavy development
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Links
Website
/r/thrive
GitHub
FAQs
Wiki
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1675 registered users
The newest registered user is dejo123

Our users have posted a total of 30851 messages in 1411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 443 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm
Latest topics
» THIS FORUM IS NOW OBSOLETE
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

» To all the people who come here looking for thrive.
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby NickTheNick Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm

» Build Error Code::Blocks / CMake
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby crovea Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

» Hello! I can translate in japanese
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby tjwhale Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

» On Leave (Offline thread)
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby NickTheNick Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

» Devblog #14: A Brave New Forum
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby NickTheNick Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

» Application for Programmer
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby crovea Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

» Re-Reapplication
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby The Creator Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 pm

» Application (programming)
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby crovea Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am

» Achieving Sapience
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby MitochondriaBox Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm

» Microbe Stage GDD
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby tjwhale Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

» Application for Programmer/ Theorist
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby tjwhale Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

» Application for a 3D Modeler.
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby Kaiju4u Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 am

» Presentation
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby Othithu Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 am

» Application of Sorts
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby crovea Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 pm

» want to contribute
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby Renzope Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

» Music List Thread (Post New Themes Here)
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby Oliveriver Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

» Application: English-Spanish translator
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby Renzope Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

» Want to be promoter or project manager
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby TheBudderBros Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 pm

» A new round of Forum Revamps!
Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Emptyby Oliveriver Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 am

Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games

Go down 
AuthorMessage
~sciocont
Overall Team Lead
~sciocont

Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games Empty
PostDevblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games

In case you missed it, we're totally legit now.
Yes, it has been decided that we are now Revolutionary Games, a studio completely dedicated to our project, Thrive. This is quite momentous, and I would like to congratulate our very own DragonEye4 for creating that name.

In other news, Pezzalis has been playing with a program called TerraGen and creating some great art with it that we will probably have in our background eventually. Check it out on the concept art thread.

I have been creating some art as well, and I am proud to announce that our game Now has an official logo. Better yet, that logo is a vector, which means we can resize it however we want.
Here's the link-Logo

I've also created a mock-up for our GUI, which can be found here. It's very basic so far, and it will probably change completely eventually.

Finally, we've just gotten a "Sound" section added to the forums for music and SFX. I'll be working on both soon, plus a logo for Revolutionary Games.

Thanks for tuning in to this short devblog. Please leave a comment below to tell me you've read it.

scio OUT!

Last edited by ~sciocont on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games :: Comments

Darkov
Re: Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games
Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:51 pm by Darkov
Great news!
The link to the logo leads to a white page(i think the image is white). Dunno what is the problem, but its blank.
~sciocont
Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:17 pm by ~sciocont
Darkov wrote:
Great news!
The link to the logo leads to a white page(i think the image is white). Dunno what is the problem, but its blank.
oops- white logo on a white bg- thanks, i'll fix that.
Invader
Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:39 pm by Invader
Hai thar. I reed ur devblog.

Just so you know. The new logo's good- and so is the studio name! Now, you should remove the "Current: find a studio name for us" from the scrolling text at the top of the screen.
~sciocont
Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:43 pm by ~sciocont
Will do.

I simply cannot get over how good the new logo looks on the site. It's just absolutely perfect!
Pezzalis
Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:17 am by Pezzalis
~sciocont wrote:
Will do.

I simply cannot get over how good the new logo looks on the site. It's just absolutely perfect!

QFT

And I think I may try sizing a few of those concept thingys up as Terragen only allows 1200x960 and background should be 1280x1024 at least...

~sciocont
Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:35 am by ~sciocont
Pezzalis wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
Will do.

QFT

And I think I may try sizing a few of those concept thingys up as Terragen only allows 1200x960 and background should be 1280x1024 at least...

If you register it, it'll let you go as big as you want.
Pezzalis
Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:42 am by Pezzalis
~sciocont wrote:
Pezzalis wrote:
~sciocont wrote:
Will do.

QFT

If you register it, it'll let you go as big as you want.

Yeah but that costs $99 =/
I could always try sizing them up and seeing if i can somehow retain quality... its not a particulary big resolution change... The microbe one is 1280x1024 but its not so good close up... you can see daisy petals (Yah kinda chose a wrong pattern XD)... Will ifx it up
The Uteen
Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:45 pm by The Uteen
Are we going to get/have we got copyrights for the names Thrive and Revolutionary Games? Because someone could easily use either and copyright it themselves in the time it will take to make this game. (Hope I'm not getting too worked up over nothing here, is this a problem, seeing as we are free?)
Commander Keen
Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:58 pm by Commander Keen
We can put those names under a license, copyright and IP. Don't worry about anyone stealing those names.
~sciocont
Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:19 pm by ~sciocont
Commander Keen wrote:
We can put those names under a license, copyright and IP. Don't worry about anyone stealing those names.
Can you look into the legal aspect of that?
Bashinerox
Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:19 am by Bashinerox
Trademark not copyright or IP

These are three completely different legal bindings.

Trademarks cover Intellectual Property such as logos and whatnot

Copyright covers Intellectual Property such as: literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works.

Patents cover Inventions, yet another form of Intellectual Property

Intellectual property is what is protected by these laws, not a form of protection.

You can't IP something
~sciocont
Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:13 pm by ~sciocont
Bashinerox wrote:
Trademark not copyright or IP

These are three completely different legal bindings.

Trademarks cover Intellectual Property such as logos and whatnot

Copyright covers Intellectual Property such as: literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works.

Patents cover Inventions, yet another form of Intellectual Property

Intellectual property is what is protected by these laws, not a form of protection.

You can't IP something
It looks like we can legally claim unregistered trademark (TM) on both Thrive as a game and Revolutionary games. There are fewer laws protecting it than a registered trademark, but it is still cheaper and gives us protection, not that I forsee any problems.

Devblog#3 Welcome to Revolutionary Games

Page 1 of 1